Login

russian armor

soviet cheese

PAGES (7)down
12 Aug 2014, 22:08 PM

As said previously you cant fight OKW with cons so it forces thesoviet player to use other unit and is fair play against okw which has all the most powerfull units in the game. You dont bring a knife to a gun fight do you?

Its funny how when soviets uses these strat its classed as cheese but when axis use them its ok (eg. Ass gren spam, E stug spam, mg 34/42 spam, lmg gren spam, pg spam, rapid firing motar spam , course the favorite the blob of doom and the list goes on and on. seem like this just a like this thread is abit of rant with no credibility.
13 Aug 2014, 11:08 AM

Ass gren spam, E stug spam, mg 34/42 spam, [...], pg spam, rapid firing motar spam

At which level of play do these work?!?
13 Aug 2014, 11:43 AM

At which level of play do these work?!?

As I've just got back into playing Ost for the first time since the beta ended... I can inform you that players think this works at around the ~5000+ ranking, and it honestly does once you hit 8k and up.
13 Aug 2014, 12:00 PM

As I've just got back into playing Ost for the first time since the beta ended... I can inform you that players think this works at around the ~5000+ ranking, and it honestly does once you hit 8k and up.

You have only 3 matches as axis since beta, and that only in 2v2.

No disrespect, but I think its a bit premature to "inform" others from that basis.

Glad ypu got back into playing more factions, that is a good thing for sure, and commendable, but its quite a small experiential base still at this point to start literally founding your entire post on it.

Know what I mean?
13 Aug 2014, 12:05 PM

StugE -> tigers is actually a super common strategy. It doesn't really require you to play well and get net some easy wins.
13 Aug 2014, 12:10 PM

StugE -> tigers is actually a super common strategy. It doesn't really require you to play well and get net some easy wins.

How so, exactly?

Though its not actually ontopic, but Id like to read your strategic insight ( and others too Im sure) on what makes this particular build an "easy win"?

Or perhaps start a thread in the gameplay section as a strategic guide on it?
13 Aug 2014, 12:55 PM

Same ,if i'm beaten by a us player..i usually have to give him credit for flanking with his rifles,putting constant pressure etc.Soveits..lol.Maxims or sniperspam...lol yeah they may win more often..but they are and will remain noob spammers.Zero player skill faction.And this is precisely why i may play american but never as soviets .When i played them..i felt nothing after i won..so yeah i spammed maxims or snipers..or m3 as it used to be..and then trolled him with isu.Big deal.

So basically you added to the problem of Soviet spam by playing the most abusive builds? Why don't you try to win with Soviets without resorting to ''cheese'' tactics. It would be a good test to see why people do it in the first place.
13 Aug 2014, 13:05 PM

You have only 3 matches as axis since beta, and that only in 2v2.

No disrespect, but I think its a bit premature to "inform" others from that basis.

Glad ypu got back into playing more factions, that is a good thing for sure, and commendable, but its quite a small experiential base still at this point to start literally founding your entire post on it.

Know what I mean?

No offence, but, uh. Yeah, that's not even remotely true. You maaaay want to refine your skills at reading player cards.

In have had 3 matches as the axis in 2p AT with Richarddear||AD||1215. That's just with him. My games as OKW and Ost are more numerous and the majority of them are in auto-match without any arranged allies.
13 Aug 2014, 14:26 PM

How so, exactly?

Though its not actually ontopic, but Id like to read your strategic insight ( and others too Im sure) on what makes this particular build an "easy win"?

Or perhaps start a thread in the gameplay section as a strategic guide on it?

It's the doctrine that makes the most out of the "No Tech > Tech" system that Relic is so keen on. Spam infantry, preferably a nice combined arms strategy that forces your enemy to make lots of infantry himself. Get T2 for some panzergrens and a PAK, after that it's StugE time at 6cp. The StugE has anti-infantry efficiency comparable to a T70, comes out at roughly the same time, but it's more survivable and does not require a 275mp/120fu investment. This leaves more manpower for infantry and more fuel for the 11cp tiger.

The StugE is easy to keep alive, your heavy infantry investment has probably delayed your enemies tech so he will counter with an easy to avoid AT gun. If not, a single T34/76 is not a real threat to your StugE if you shrek up you panzergrens and keep your PAK behind your StugE.

Lategame Tiger + more PAK40 is tough to deal with, and the doctrine has Light Artillery Barrage which is ideal for countering the Zis3 guns. Plus that StugE is probably still alive at this point and is vet 3 because it vets up fast by murdering infantry.

Trying to play a legit game with Soviets (i.e. using Guard Rifle Combined Arms, Soviet Reserve Army, Conscript Support Tactics, etc) against a Wehrmacht player who uses this strategy is more or less just as lame as trying to play a legit Wehrmacht game (Wehrmacht has lots of legit commanders, too bad nobody uses them) against a Soviet player using cheesy sniper/guard into T34/85 + mark vehicle.

Of course, if you really want to cheesy your enemy, you go for Luftwaffe Supply and spam 30 ammo crate drops that give you the power of Valliant Assault/For Mother Russia for 70 ammo less + in combat stacking healing that makes your troops immune to non-insta gib weapons.
13 Aug 2014, 14:32 PM

In have had 3 matches as the axis in 2p AT with Richarddear||AD||1215. That's just with him. My games as OKW and Ost are more numerous and the majority of them are in auto-match without any arranged allies.

So how many Ost games since beta?
13 Aug 2014, 14:32 PM

@Aerohank: I know that this is a viable strategy, but I guess no one build more than 2 StuG E's. Which is not StuG-spam, as lanciano claimed.

If any, there is gren-spam for OH. But this comes from the fact that you're fucked vs sov if you try to build grens, MGs, snipers and mortars due to the danger of double/triple sniper / M3 / Maxims...
13 Aug 2014, 14:33 PM

It's the doctrine that makes the most out of the "No Tech > Tech" system that Relic is so keen on. Spam infantry, preferably a nice combined arms strategy that forces your enemy to make lots of infantry himself. Get T2 for some panzergrens and a PAK, after that it's StugE time at 6cp. The StugE has anti-infantry efficiency comparable to a T70, comes out at roughly the same time, but it's more survivable and does not require a 275mp/120fu investment. This leaves more manpower for infantry and more fuel for the 11cp tiger.

The StugE is easy to keep alive, your heavy infantry investment has probably delayed your enemies tech so he will counter with an easy to avoid AT gun. If not, a single T34/76 is not a real threat to your StugE if you shrek up you panzergrens and keep your PAK behind your StugE.

Lategame Tiger + more PAK40 is tough to deal with, and the doctrine has Light Artillery Barrage which is ideal for countering the Zis3 guns. Plus that StugE is probably still alive at this point and is vet 3 because it vets up fast by murdering infantry.

Trying to play a legit game with Soviets (i.e. using Guard Rifle Combined Arms, Soviet Reserve Army, Conscript Support Tactics, etc) against a Wehrmacht player who uses this strategy is more or less just as lame as trying to play a legit Wehrmacht game (Wehrmacht has lots of legit commanders, too bad nobody uses them) against a Soviet player using cheesy sniper/guard into T34/85 + mark vehicle.

Of course, if you really want to cheesy your enemy, you go for Luftwaffe Supply and spam 30 ammo crate drops that give you the power of Valliant Assault/For Mother Russia for 70 ammo less + in combat stacking healing that makes your troops immune to non-insta gib weapons.

Thanks.

Do you have, or could you make, a replay on this?
13 Aug 2014, 14:37 PM

Thanks.

Any game of wehr vs USF.
Its pretty common on streams as mechanized assault destroys USF and stug-e are on the op level against them. Get a pair of them, backed by a pair of PaKs and keep obliterating USF until tiger.
13 Aug 2014, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 14:37 PMKatitof

Any game of wehr vs USF.
Its pretty common on streams as mechanized assault destroys USF and stug-e are on the op level against them. Get a pair of them, backed by a pair of PaKs and keep obliterating USF until tiger.

Thanks for your whatever opinion.

But I didnt actually ask you. Nor did you actually provide a replay or link to one.

Btw, you still haven't answered.
You claimed Snipers can outrun HMGs, whereas iirc all infantry has the same base movement rate.
Ive reminded you about 3 times so far, but you still haven't answered.
13 Aug 2014, 15:23 PM

Thanks.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/22272/how-to-pick-up-a-thrown-game-with-stug-e

As a rather extreme example of what just spamming paks+stuges+mg42s will do against USF.
13 Aug 2014, 15:28 PM

You really need to be told that HMGs need to setup first before shooting, therefore are bad chasing unit?

You can't be this bad to not realize this yourself.
13 Aug 2014, 15:34 PM

@Aerohank: I know that this is a viable strategy, but I guess no one build more than 2 StuG E's. Which is not StuG-spam, as lanciano claimed.

My reply was aimed at Cannonade. It is true that you don't have to spam StugEs. I however do not consider 'cheese' and 'spam' to mean the same thing. For example, Conscript spam isn't cheese, but the old Tiger ace was.

@Cannonade: I don't have a replay of it at the moment due to the frequent updates that make older replays un-watchable. But I see Cruzz has provided a replay of it. Cruzz has used it against me in the past with great success, even in a game where he lost a sniper and a gren squad early game. (I will never forget, Damn you Cruzz and your StugEs!).

Edit: It's interesting how the StugE has the tendency to wreck machine guns by hitting the gun very often. I have noticed this myself, and it's very obvious in your replay Cruzz.
13 Aug 2014, 15:46 PM

Yesterday I was accussed of being a spammer and an abuser by doing two maxims + two mortars + ZiS, then shocks and two T34/76.

People just complain when they see a single maxim.

By the way, the guy had 5 Gren/LMG squads.
13 Aug 2014, 16:27 PM

Easiest way to deal with stug E is couple of zis.And its more effective in 1 vs 1 .not team games.And u always have to make sure its covered by pak.And on top its 1 commander..a buy commander at that..wheras both soviet spams-sniper and maxim are doctrinal and available from start.
No comparison really.
As for assgren spam..lol.U might bully some USf noobs 1 vs 1 with it.Once he has 3 rifles..good night charging.Jeep or m3 flamer..goodbye.The stug E is however very good vs usa,i admit..but soviets lol. zis or t-34 flank ..done.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS