Login

russian armor

Demolition

7 Aug 2014, 13:38 PM

As if demo can't be planted underground too. :)

In this game itisn't, it's placed on the surface. The Ostheer AI mines have signposts, I think Demo should be equally visible too. Anyway, the point isn't about asthaetics or reality, it's about an invisible bomb that can wipes several squads. it's imbalanced.

I'm not against demo as a concept, I'm not even against only the allies having it (excluding OKW booby traps), I'm against it being possible to place it anywhere you like and get easy 2-click squad wipes.

Frikadelle - I agree that good decisions like positioning should be rewarded, but isn't the reward for a simple demo placement too high? If OKW or Ostheer players were doing this to you all the time, would you still feel it is ok? :(
7 Aug 2014, 13:45 PM

I would love to see engineers getting XP/vet for kills by mines and democharges. If that gets implemented I will be shedding tears of happiness.

/Signed.

Its hard enough to vet them, for even as small an advatage as it gives.

But I will do you one better too:

How about theybaslo Vet from repair! :D
7 Aug 2014, 13:51 PM

/Signed.

Its hard enough to vet them, for even as small an advatage as it gives.

But I will do you one better too:

How about theybaslo Vet from repair! :D

I don't know what 'theybaslo' means, but I assume it's 'they get' vet :)
It would be cool :)
7 Aug 2014, 14:17 PM

I don't know what 'theybaslo' means, but I assume it's 'they get' vet :)
It would be cool :)

I KNEW someone would notice that, but I thought it was funny, so I left it deliberately unfixed.

Its meant to say "they also" :P
7 Aug 2014, 14:26 PM

I KNEW someone would notice that, but I thought it was funny, so I left it deliberately unfixed.

Its meant to say "they also" :P

I have eyes like an eagle..

7 Aug 2014, 14:43 PM

I stopped to play allies since few days
and my success is top
7 Aug 2014, 15:08 PM

Permanently Banned

In this game itisn't, it's placed on the surface. The Ostheer AI mines have signposts, I think Demo should be equally visible too. Anyway, the point isn't about asthaetics or reality, it's about an invisible bomb that can wipes several squads. it's imbalanced.

I'm not against demo as a concept, I'm not even against only the allies having it (excluding OKW booby traps), I'm against it being possible to place it anywhere you like and get easy 2-click squad wipes.

Frikadelle - I agree that good decisions like positioning should be rewarded, but isn't the reward for a simple demo placement too high? If OKW or Ostheer players were doing this to you all the time, would you still feel it is ok? :(

Yes I would because they have alot of other advantages :( It's assymetrical balance still ;)
7 Aug 2014, 17:44 PM

Yes I would because they have alot of other advantages :( It's assymetrical balance still ;)

I agree it's assymetrical and that's ok. I didn't mean I wanted it in the axis side - they do have other advantages as you said :)

What I mean is, if you were getting demoed and losing full squads, would you still be saying it was ok? Hypothetically. 'Cos for me it spoils the game to have a 2-click squad deleter :(

Also, am I wrong or in the past did you need LoS to detonate it? Was that true, was it changed?
7 Aug 2014, 18:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What I mean is, if you were getting demoed and losing full squads, would you still be saying it was ok? Hypothetically. 'Cos for me it spoils the game to have a 2-click squad deleter :(

Stuka.
/troll-flaming mode

Also, am I wrong or in the past did you need LoS to detonate it? Was that true, was it changed?

Yep, before you needed LOS.

Problem with Demo is that you need to spend EXTRA munition (or wait till the mortar, shrecks, AT gun or tanks hit its) to "safely" remove it.

Minesweepers should either disable the detonation or make it to be able to be targeted by small arm fire.
7 Aug 2014, 20:55 PM

I was curious as to how Demos worked in relation to mine-sweepers. I think that sweepers should be able to detonate them or otherwise 'mark' them so they are visible, at least while the sweeper is within a certain range.
7 Aug 2014, 21:11 PM

Minesweepers detect them but it's difficult to remove them. You have to nade or shoot it.
7 Aug 2014, 23:07 PM

It would be interesting to see if demo charges were still used if they were changed to only be buildable on bridges and buildings. Right now they're just used as uber mines.

I think you'd still see some usage on buildings, but you wouldn't see this "Plant them in craters to gib squads" bullshit.

I still like them for OKW trucks as well. The airborne timed democharge is great for doing a ton of damage to those.
8 Aug 2014, 03:25 AM

Permanently Banned
This should be destroyed with small arms after detection
8 Aug 2014, 05:05 AM

Personally I feel every faction should have some sort of demolitions, even if they're timed charges like the Airborne have, with no direct combat use. Demolitions charges are important for clearing war obstacles, including:

Bridges (neutral)
Walls (neutral)
Bunkers (axis)
Trenches (axis)
Reinforced Barbed Wire (axis)
Tank Traps (neutral, axis, allied)
Fighting Positions (allied)
Forward Headquarters (allied)
8 Aug 2014, 07:09 AM

Minesweepers can detect demos if nearby and then you can shoot at it with an mg or grenade it. I think mgs can blow up demos because since it has some penetration but I'm not sure though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★