Login

russian armor

Patch: July 31st

1 Aug 2014, 01:47 AM

I had no idea there was a problem with the .50 cal MG. Even if it was unintended it didn't seem to be affecting the balance.

Yeah, about that... do I understand it right that it before had 25% higher accuracy and received normal damage whereas now it has normal accuracy and receives 25% more damage? If so, that was a pretty severe bug. I think the only reason why we didn't see more than 1-2 HMGs from US players was because the LT takes some time to come out and because rifles by themselves are already pretty good. Of course, nobody knowing about the bug probably helped, too.
1 Aug 2014, 01:52 AM

I think it must have been there for ages since nobody noticed a sudden performance increase. It didn't seem all that tough and while it did good damage, I thought that was because it was a .50 cal! It's more expensive than most MGs from memory.
1 Aug 2014, 02:40 AM

GUYS,so many Ninja changes lol. T34/76's armor from 140 to 150,rear armor from 70 to 75. Idk how many other Ninja changes there are.
http://www.coh2-stats.com/vehicles/t_34_76_mp
1 Aug 2014, 02:57 AM

1 Aug 2014, 03:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 02:40 AMatouba
GUYS,so many Ninja changes lol. T34/76's armor from 140 to 150,rear armor from 70 to 75. Idk how many other Ninja changes there are.
http://www.coh2-stats.com/vehicles/t_34_76_mp

Can they really do the documents job better? If there is change, please list it.
1 Aug 2014, 04:07 AM

The Katty is awful now. Got two kills an entire 4v4 with it. Would rather they return it to pre-pre-patch so at least it can kill things.
1 Aug 2014, 04:09 AM

They may have to buff it tbh. The 50 cal was just fine as is
1 Aug 2014, 04:27 AM

I had no idea there was a problem with the .50 cal MG. Even if it was unintended it didn't seem to be affecting the balance.

Relic seems to stick to a strict set of rules regarding changes, whereas if they notice any mistakes, they'll always fix them. Problem is, even if the mistake is beneficiary to an already UP unit, they'll fix it. Which, gives the appearance that they're nerfing a UP unit.
1 Aug 2014, 04:33 AM

Yeah the 50cal seems pretty weak now. It dies too fast for a rather nominal performance. Might need a buff.
1 Aug 2014, 04:39 AM

It's not the Tiger being "amazeballs" that makes T4 suck, it's that Ostheer doesn't really have a choice but to build Tigers as a result of T4 being bad. It's a chicken and the egg problem, see?

same reason why everyone uses call in armour when playing as soviets lol, because Soviet normal tech Armour licks the bag. Why whould you use all that fuel and manpower on teching to getting a shite tank when you can get a better wellrounded tank for a similar price lol

;-)
1 Aug 2014, 04:40 AM

Katyusha changes 22th:
Katyusha
We wanted to increase the lethality and reliability of the Katyusha.
AOE radius from 4 to 6
AOE distance from 1/2/3 to 1.5/3/4.5
Damage from 80 to 160
Scatter angle from 5 to 10
Scatter offset from 0.25 to 0.1

Katyusha changes 31st:
Ability recharge time from 70 to 110 seconds
Far AOE damage from 4 to 8
Damage from 160 to 80
Deflected shots now deal 20 damage

What it has now, compared to before the changes:
+ Much larger AoE damage area. + Much larger infantry-killing radius. + More rockets land near the target's center. - But a few of the rockets can also scatter more to the left and right (depending on katyusha distance). + Better damage against heavy vehicles. - Longer cooldown.

To be honest, by stats the Katyusha is now better off than it was before. It has gained in power but shoots less often.
I think people are just perceiving it as bad because they got used to its performance between patches. I also think people got used to using it "wrong": Its splash area and killing area before meant that it did not really matter how far from the target the Katyusha was positioned and vision did not matter as much. One could even argue that it scattering more was good to cover a larger area. However, I think that now it is better to fire it from medium instead of from maximum range and preferably with line of sight.
People should give it more of a try in the new patch, I certainly will. Same for the Panzerwerfer, we'll see if that works out.

In any case it won't help at all if nobody uses those units anymore just because they assume that they are now that much worse. Possibly I'm wrong with my stats interpretation but instantly writing it off as useless is bad attitude.
1 Aug 2014, 05:01 AM

Using it in the field > doing math

It blows.
1 Aug 2014, 05:04 AM

Kat is basically back to being useless again.

Yes it did way too much damage in the previous patch and needed a cost increase or a damage reduction. Now it has a massive cool down and does virtually nothing to squads.Plus it has paper thin armor and is very easy to destroy with infiltrating units or counterbarrages.

The problem with the KAT is that the first 3 rockets are pretty much all your going to hit with before your opponent reacts and either moves or retreats. The second volley will usually miss or do far less damage if your opponent is paying attention, and since it shows up on the bloody minimap and makes a huge whistle noise that is usually the case.

Previously the damage and the AOE increase plus the damage vs building were bonkers. But nerfing the damage back to shit on an area denail weapon with huge scatter has relegated it back to uselessness. Great knee jerk reaction Relic!

Panzerwerfer did not need a fucking cool down increase, but despite that I still seem to get more kills with it than the kat now. I still think the Ost T4 is unattractive and lame as this vehicle is still not worth it's cost especially now that it got a NERF???

Oh right and they BUFFED the walking stuka???? Along with a host of other undocumented changes, I feel like the Relic HQ is actually a fucking clown college. I mean Jesus guys who the hell is in charge over there?

So yep we are back to pre patch balance with the rocket arty, kat + panzerwerfer are useless and the walking stuka is now better than ever.

*slow clap*
1 Aug 2014, 05:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 05:01 AMNapalm
Using it in the field > doing math

It blows.

That's an incredibly narrow reply to someone who laid out actual numbers and points.
1 Aug 2014, 05:58 AM

You would be correct. My apologizes. I am just upset that a good reason to build T4 as a Soviet player was destroyed. I shouldn't be surprised at the Walking Stuka buff but eh, balancing by Relic man.

The assumed purpose of Katty was an anti-blob unit. I assume this based on the the patch notes of the 22nd. Apparently, this was incorrect as this unit is now neither reliable nor lethal. However, I will entertain this thread.

The damage was halfed. It has now been restored to pre-22nd patch levels of damage. The reason you didn't see the unit pre-22nd patch was because of the low damage, and, now it's back. It also shoots less often, +40 seconds. Over all, the Katty is now worse than the pre-22nd patch.

There is nothing really further to discuss. Soviet T4 and the Katty were relevant for 10 days. Meh

Edit: If you are going to tell me to move the unit closer to the front lines I'm going to either say A) give it the armor of the walking stuka or B) apply the same logic to the walking stuka.
1 Aug 2014, 06:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 05:58 AMNapalm
You would be correct. My apologizes. I am just upset that a good reason to build T4 as a Soviet player was destroyed. I shouldn't be surprised at the Walking Stuka buff but eh, balancing by Relic man.

The assumed purpose of Katty was an anti-blob unit. I assume this based on the the patch notes of the 22nd. Apparently, this was incorrect as this unit is now neither reliable nor lethal. However, I will entertain this thread.

The damage was halfed. It has now been restored to pre-22nd patch levels of damage. The reason you didn't see the unit pre-22nd patch was because of the low damage, and, now it's back. It also shoots less often, +40 seconds. Over all, the Katty is now worse than the pre-22nd patch.

There is nothing really further to discuss. Soviet T4 and the Katty were relevant for 10 days. Meh.

This pretty much sums up how I feel the game plays now. Going for an early Kat in 2 V 2 was a great way to stop the inevitable axis blobs of death. It was just way too rewarding vs OKW buildings and too punishing to Ostheer weapon teams for its overall cost.

So yea nerf it back into oblivion and nerf the panzerwerfer while your at it lol.

Now I don't see the upside to ever going T4, might as well maxim AT gun spam and hold out for call ins.

Relic is truly pathetic at balancing, their efforts don't even feel sincere anymore.

Maybe next patch the SU-76 can fire shells that heal enemy infantry as further incentive to build T4? But you know double their damage first for ten days.
1 Aug 2014, 06:16 AM

Katy now even worse than pre-buff-patch. Recharge time increase was totally unnecessary. Is it realy so hard for Relic to take middle point between insanely overbuffing units and tossing them into abyss of worthlessness?
WTF.
1 Aug 2014, 06:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Kat barrage just squad wiped 3 of my squads in one nbarrage before i could even retreat after first Salvo.

GG relic WP
1 Aug 2014, 06:21 AM

Kat barrage just squad wiped 3 of my squads in one nbarrage before i could even retreat after first Salvo.

GG relic WP

Don't you ever get tired of posting garbage?
1 Aug 2014, 06:24 AM

GG relic WP

That sounds super believable.

I mean one rocket per squad why waste the ammo?

I have played 6 games so far and quite honestly the majority of the game are ending with them having less than ten kills. Basically the same performance as pre patch.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 106

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment