Login

russian armor

Repair Criticle is such bs

29 Jul 2014, 18:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 16:43 PMnee
I think it is fine- the crew must jump out to perform the repair. That leaves them not only vulnerable to fire when repair, but the vehicle and the crew is vulnerable in general. If they can manage the repair in time and drive away without sustaining further damage, good for them.

That's my main problem with it, crit repair is instant. Case in point, the other day my Easy Eight got Engine Damage from a Panzerfaust. I was about 20 meters from a Pak 40, very low health, but a good position. I managed to wheel myself behind a shed, forcing the Pak to move to in attempt to hunt me down.

I popped out, just as an MG 42 was passing by. He started to set up, but since set up takes 3 seconds, and Crit Repair is instant, I was able to fix my engine and get back inside because the MG was ready to fire, let alone before the Pak made it around the side of the shed.

It's complete bullshit, if they're gonna have Crit Repair, make it 30 munitions with a duration of 25 seconds. It should let you back into the fight quicker, not let you escape certain death because you have a sack of magic fairy dust that instantly fixes anything.
29 Jul 2014, 18:37 PM

It's too cheap to save your units if you can't micro well or make retarded mistakes, and basicly the cheaper than the effort the axis paid to criple the unit.

Safe your units?

Have you ever tried to get out of vehicle to try to repair critical when there is opposing infantry nearby?

Its unusable in combat.

If you don't have anything to chase down engine damaged tank, your fault.
29 Jul 2014, 18:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 16:30 PMAbdul

That's less bad than costing 10 ammo, but why have it in the first place? If you make a mistake and run over a mine or get fausted you should not have an easy way out.

Because for allied allways will be the easy way out. While playing germans we just have to work harder. That's it and we have to deal with it. On the other hand, americans don't have any heavies. So at metagame level, things compensate in the end.
29 Jul 2014, 18:39 PM

Because for allied allways will be the easy way out.

Jet engines, tank smoke, overall greater armor for all units, decreasing the chances to get engine damage.

Hypocrite much?
29 Jul 2014, 18:41 PM

When you compare this to the OKW "Elite" Armoured doctrine ability it really does make you think that different people worked on different factions with no real cross communication :D
29 Jul 2014, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 18:39 PMKatitof

Jet engines, tank smoke, overall greater armor for all units, decreasing the chances to get engine damage.

Hypocrite much?

Lower costs, armor spam, ram, doesn't matter if I lose a tank, I can build 2 instead... recognize the pattern?

We can talk like this forever. And it's not only me who says that so don't bore me.
29 Jul 2014, 18:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 18:37 PMKatitof

Safe your units?

Have you ever tried to get out of vehicle to try to repair critical when there is opposing infantry nearby?

Its unusable in combat.

Ever heard of popping smoke and not sending tanks out alone?

Ever heard the WC-51 (the doctrinal 0 cp Jeep), this ability negates the faust compleatly.

Hitting a random mine in the fog of war while flanking or re-positioning? No problem, fix it ASAP.

Wehrmacht don't have the luxury to chase down wounded vehicles 'till the Tiger rolls out.

This ability combined with the versatility of the USF's tanks is overkill atm, you can't just chase it down while he retreats into his territory held by the whole US Army.

And no1 start repairing his/her vehicle in combat. :P
29 Jul 2014, 18:55 PM

Ever heard of popping smoke and not sending tanks out alone?

Yes, because that disables pfausts and ATrnades as it always did for soviets.

Ever heard the WC-51 (the doctrinal 0 cp Jeep), this ability negates the faust compleatly.

How is it different then CEs in M3?

Hitting a random mine in the fog of war while flanking or re-positioning? No problem, fix it ASAP.

More like fixing engine and bailing out for repairs, but this is actually the only good point you make, also its intended.

Wehrmacht don't have the luxury to chase down wounded vehicles 'till the Tiger rolls out.

Why? Panzer4 gets immobilized the moment sherman gets fausted?

This ability combined with the versatility of the USF's tanks is overkill atm, you can't just chase it down while he retreats into his territory held by the whole US Army.

This ability 'increases' mobility on an army which main strength is mobility.
Its overkill in the exactly same sense as versatility of tank smoke and blitz jet engines.

And no1 start repairing his/her vehicle in combat. :P

Yep, but apparently some people feel the need to word their posts like they actually do.

Lower costs, armor spam, ram, doesn't matter if I lose a tank, I can build 2 instead... recognize the pattern?

Lower cost? For 5 P4s there are 6 shermans.
Armor spam? Exactly the same as above. Hardly a spam.

It matters just as much if you loose a tank. The only truly spammable potent medium armor is StuG3 for its 80fu costs. All other armor, well, if you call one tank ever 5-6 minute a spam, go for it. Thou I probably should mention I don't discuss 3v3 and 4v4.

I recognize the bias instead of pattern here.
29 Jul 2014, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 18:55 PMKatitof

Yes, because that disables pfausts and ATrnades as it always did for soviets.

It's not about preventing the crit, it's about reparing it behind the smoke.

Pop smoke, insta repair the crit and hop back into the tank.

How is it different then CEs in M3?

Rifles supported with a WC-51 is a pain in the ass to deal with due to the insane damage output. Can be fausted and your grens likely retreat, get out, fix the crit and move onward.

And you know that flamer M3s come later nowadays. The US Jeep comes instantly when Ostheer barely has enough munition.

More like fixing engine and bailing out for repairs, but this is actually the only good point you make, also its intended.

Why? Panzer4 gets immobilized the moment sherman gets fausted?

Does it work vice-versa? Nope 'cuz of the strong Wehr defense, if a US player goes for M4 he usually has somesort of defensive AT. Also fuel is in USF's favor if the game in on equal skill level, so risking your only P4 doesn't worth it many times. I seen many times and experienced: Wehr is on the defense untill the Tiger.

Side-note: Going T3 vs USF is too risky.

This ability 'increases' mobility on an army which main strength is mobility.
Its overkill in the exactly same sense as versatility of tank smoke and blitz jet engines.

Yes, it's intended. But it's too cheap/quickly done for what it does. Combined with smoke, HE-AP rounds, crew repair it's powerfull.

About Blitz; I agree, it's retarded, but their smoke is doctrinal, keep that in mind.

Yep, but apparently some people feel the need to word their posts like they actually do.

Lower cost? For 5 P4s there are 6 shermans.
Armor spam? Exactly the same as above. Hardly a spam.

It matters just as much if you loose a tank. The only truly spammable potent medium armor is StuG3 for its 80fu costs. All other armor, well, if you call one tank ever 5-6 minute a spam, go for it. Thou I probably should mention I don't discuss 3v3 and 4v4.

I recognize the bias instead of pattern here.
29 Jul 2014, 21:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just increase the price of the ability. Same with other things such as infiltration nades.
29 Jul 2014, 23:29 PM

Talking balance in this game is so futile, lol. It's a joke.

Things are so horribly imbalanced in 3v3 and up, and even in 2v2 depending on the map, that you almost need a disclaimer for which mode you're referring to.

Throw in the nationalist element and bitter history about the war, people with names like SSpanzerwaffengoebbelsSS, every discussion degrades into a total cluster F. Nobody is a zergling IRL so starcraft doesn't have this problem.
29 Jul 2014, 23:36 PM

It can just get a timer like the Elite Armoured Doctrine, you need time to fix, not just instant
30 Jul 2014, 00:12 AM

It can just get a timer like the Elite Armoured Doctrine, you need time to fix, not just instant

But the vulnerability is different, German critical repair is repaired inside the vehicle therefore there is no chance that you'll actually lose the tank. Sometimes I go elite armored and use it to repair my King Tiger. But Americans have crews that disembark and repair outside therefore making them extremely vulnerable. In my experience I had a crit repairing my sherman and his gren killed a crew model on the first shot therefore making my crew unable to recrew the sherman but luckily I had a rifle squad nearby to take the sherman before his grens stole it.
30 Jul 2014, 00:16 AM

I think the repair critical should take about one or two seconds to do.
30 Jul 2014, 00:26 AM
Donator 11

Repair critical already takes 3 seconds.

If you want to nerf it I'd suggest looking at how quickly crews vet up. They might as well start out vet 3 when you look at just how quickly they get there.
30 Jul 2014, 00:33 AM

Looks like katitof took it upon himself to go full retard, yet again.

Funny, I remember giving you this lecture when you whined about PIVs escaping death because of old blitz. What's that? You're a biased pos who barely plays the game he talks so much about?

30 Jul 2014, 00:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 16:24 PMAbdul
It can be placed instead of the Elite Vehicle Crews Upgrade and made available at cp2 for example.

Good idea, and since it would be doctrinal it could stay as a cheap ability.
30 Jul 2014, 00:39 AM

Looks like katitof took it upon himself to go full retard, yet again.

Funny, I remember giving you this lecture when you whined about PIVs escaping death because of old blitz. What's that? You're a biased pos who barely plays the game he talks so much about?

Guess what?
Shermans never had a warp drive attached to them at vet1 which allowed them to ignore all engine gamage for 20 seconds, which meant safe return to the safety of the base.

Sorry my angry friend, but the only one who went full retard here is, yet again, you.
30 Jul 2014, 00:44 AM

Nah, Sherman is just able to escape provided you have 2 seconds of not being shot at. If you hit a mine on the flank, you'll easily be able to fix the damage and back out before any reaction force can show up, even if they're just 60 meters away.
30 Jul 2014, 00:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 00:39 AMKatitof

Guess what?
Shermans never had a warp drive attached to them at vet1 which allowed them to ignore all engine gamage for 20 seconds, which meant safe return to the safety of the base.

Blitz never "ignored" engine damage but it helped the damaged vehicle move faster than a snail. Blitz with no engine damage was even faster.

The only "ignoring" that is going on around here is you "ignoring" how hopelessly ignorant you are.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 48
Sweden 23
Poland 9
United States 15
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L