Login

russian armor

Katyusha seriously need a nerf

• This thread is locked
PAGES (20)down
24 Jul 2014, 05:18 AM

Im not playing Axis anymore until Relic patch these fucking Katyusha. What the hell they have in head to buff them like that? Are they not testing their patch in their offices before putting them to public?!

I don't think i need to elaborate on why Katyusha are way over powered now...
24 Jul 2014, 05:21 AM

Ironic name.
24 Jul 2014, 05:23 AM

Did you cry also weeks or so becouse of overpowered Stuka? Didnt you.. see...
24 Jul 2014, 05:24 AM

This thread was already expected. Anyways, people have been using a lot of katyushas on me and I'm still not scared of them. The old katyusha was more of a psychological warfare tool. Current one is fine. If you want to see a scary katyusha you should have played the game during March Deployment. It had the largest AOE in that period.
24 Jul 2014, 05:29 AM

They finally made it a viable unit to get in game. No.
24 Jul 2014, 05:36 AM

I wonder if OP will quit the game all together when he meets stuka zu fuss.

You can't call Stuka balanced and at the same time call katiusha op.

Either both of them are OP or none is.

The threads and posts on this are a classic example of double standards.

Stuka annihilates whole armies, infantry and armor alike with pinpoint accuracy while being able to survive a tank shot, I'm fine with this.

Katiusha can be killed in seconds by osttruppen squad and now actually is a thread-all of sudden OP.

Yea, sorry, you can't call one OP without calling other one OP as well.
24 Jul 2014, 05:43 AM

Kat can seem most devastating against OKW trucks. But OKW has stuka and plenty of light vehicles to hunt it down, it's really fragile.
24 Jul 2014, 05:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 05:36 AMKatitof

Either both of them are OP or none is.

The threads and posts on this are a classic example of double standards.

Stuka annihilates whole armies, infantry and armor alike with pinpoint accuracy while being able to survive a tank shot, I'm fine with this.

Katiusha can be killed in seconds by osttruppen squad and now actually is a thread-all of sudden OP.

Yea, sorry, you can't call one OP without calling other one OP as well.

... Except one is more expensive, with a viciously longer cool down, and with one volley instead of four?

Where do you get these comparisons?

Even if you ignore all those glaringly valid points, you still have the fact that neither Allie faction is based on setting up a forward operation. So if you get wrecked by a stuka you're just blobbing. If a katyusha fires on an OKW deployed truck, it's gone in 2 (incredibly short) cooldowns and everything around it is too, rendering null any attempts to save it.
24 Jul 2014, 05:54 AM

So, Kat destroyes buildings with one shot and kill everything init? NO
So, Kat demage Tanks? NO

Realy strange comparisson..

Stuka is much better in my eyes than Kat..
24 Jul 2014, 05:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 05:45 AMBled

... Except one is more expensive, with a viciously longer cool down, and with one volley instead of four?

Where do you get these comparisons?

Even if you ignore all those glaringly valid points, you still have the fact that neither Allie faction is based on setting up a forward operation. So if you get wrecked by a stuka you're just blobbing. If a katyusha fires on an OKW deployed truck, it's gone in 2 (incredibly short) cooldowns and everything around it is too, rendering null any attempts to save it.

Stuka = 200 MP + 40 Fuel + 390 MP + 100 Fuel

Kat = 200+ MP 40 Fuel (T2) + 240+ mp + 120~ fuel (T4) + 200+ MP + 85~ fuel (Kat)

One you can get relatively early compared to sort of late because of other upgrades/uses of fuel that are needed in a game. Stuka can do just as much damage as the Kat.
24 Jul 2014, 05:56 AM

That one volley also always hit wherever you want it to. And believe me, we'd like very much for katiusha to shoot 16 rockets at once instead of that silly voleys that allow you to completely avoid barrage after first 4 rockets.

Sorry, but since the OKW change back in alpha, OKW isn't really based on forward base anymore, its just as valid to get trucks on field as it is to get them in your base, difference being risk vs reward and even that can be mitigated by proper positioning. Truck in open field will die, truck behind tree line will live long and prosper.

If you're setting up forward base as OKW you need to make sure you have the means to defend it and by the time katiusha arrives you should have puma or stuka to hardcounter it anyway.

Many people set up forward trucks aggressively and get punished for that, because that is how its supposed to be. Its not like you can't use stuka on USF major+medic truck to destroy his forward base in one hit.

You can also one shoot soviet FHQ with stuka.

There is nothing wrong with indirect fire weapons hardcountering static exposed positions-thats their intended role.
24 Jul 2014, 05:57 AM

While I agree that the Katsuya did need a buff they over did it while leaving the Panzerwerfer and all other forms of artillery untouched. It should not be more effective than the 600 Manpower static howitzer artillery pieces.
24 Jul 2014, 05:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 05:18 AMReASonZ
Im not playing Axis anymore until Relic patch these fucking Katyusha. What the hell they have in head to buff them like that? Are they not testing their patch in their offices before putting them to public?!

I don't think i need to elaborate on why Katyusha are way over powered now...

Please, read the following thread and just replace "Stuka" by "Katyusha"

My opinion is that both units are OP, but if Stuka isn't going to be nerfed then Katyusha is fine as it is currently.

So if you get wrecked by a stuka you're just blobbing.

That's not true at all.

And by the way, going soviet T4 is risky against OKW. Pumas can destroy SU85s and Katyushas very easily, and soviets doesn't have AT infantry to defend their katyushas like OKW have.
A Stuka has much more survivability, Katyushas instead can be destroyed even by a 222.
24 Jul 2014, 06:03 AM

If stuka isint op katy isint either.
24 Jul 2014, 06:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 04:46 AMwongtp

when that happens, the crying will be IMMENSE, on this forums.

2 wrongs dont make a right, it will be arty war all over again. vcoh had it for a nice period when the brits came in.

im going to sit back with popcorn and a large coke and watch the all the fireworks begin.
24 Jul 2014, 06:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 06:03 AMBurts
If stuka isint op katy isint either.

This is the massive stalemate people are apparently agreeing to.

Unfortunately, USF doesnt have vehicular rocket artillery and panzerwerfer was left untouched.
24 Jul 2014, 06:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 05:56 AMKatitof

That one volley also always hit wherever you want it to. And believe me, we'd like very much for katiusha to shoot 16 rockets at once instead of that silly voleys that allow you to completely avoid barrage after first 4 rockets.

Sorry, but since the OKW change back in alpha, OKW isn't really based on forward base anymore, its just as valid to get trucks on field as it is to get them in your base, difference being risk vs reward and even that can be mitigated by proper positioning. Truck in open field will die, truck behind tree line will live long and prosper.

If you're setting up forward base as OKW you need to make sure you have the means to defend it and by the time katiusha arrives you should have puma or stuka to hardcounter it anyway.

Many people set up forward trucks aggressively and get punished for that, because that is how its supposed to be. Its not like you can't use stuka on USF major+medic truck to destroy his forward base in one hit.

You can also one shoot soviet FHQ with stuka.

There is nothing wrong with indirect fire weapons hardcountering static exposed positions-thats their intended role.

you're comparing a doctrine to a faction... right? Just so we're straight... you're explaining the validity of hard countering a doctrinal ability... and a faction's army essence... right?

I mean, on the alpha forums you threw around that point alot, the army essence that you had read so thoroughly. So I couldn't have mistook you there, because you're very thorough with your perceptions.

Your first point is almost as inane as your second being that you brought up the CHOICE of positioning your base aggressively or carefully. That point is void being that if you're playing against RU, the choice is made for you. You'd be an idiot to place outside, all based on one unit.

You also didn't engage all my points. Try again.
24 Jul 2014, 06:15 AM

This is the massive stalemate people are apparently agreeing to.

Unfortunately, USF doesnt have vehicular rocket artillery and panzerwerfer was left untouched.

USF has the priest. Panzerwerfer also needs a buff.
24 Jul 2014, 06:30 AM

Relic should buff everything IMO.
24 Jul 2014, 06:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 05:36 AMKatitof

Don't forget about the owning factions' features.

Soviets: no fuel limitation, low penalty for losing entire units.
OKW: fuel penalty (66% income) high penalty for losing entire units.

Having this in mind yes, I CAN call katiusha OP and wurframen not.

Further, a more adequate comparison should be made with a similar faction's tool, not with an OKW tool, OKW being a faction build and based on OP units (because of its limitations). So let's compare it with the Panzerwerfer, wouldn't be more fair? The result of the comparison will show you what unit is OP and which is actualy UP.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS