Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
18 Jul 2014, 04:31 AM

Lets have all artillery be crappy and identical.

Good idea.

There's a pretty happy medium between Walking Stukka in its current form where you get to specificy the exact position of your stream of tactical nuclear explosions and the overnerfed Katyusha/Panzerwerfers which are usually a waste of resources.

Also where is my Calliope Relic?!
18 Jul 2014, 04:36 AM

Then wouldnt it be more important and sensible to improve the katyusha and panzerwerfer?
18 Jul 2014, 04:46 AM

Then wouldnt it be more important and sensible to improve the katyusha and panzerwerfer?

when that happens, the crying will be IMMENSE, on this forums.

2 wrongs dont make a right, it will be arty war all over again. vcoh had it for a nice period when the brits came in.
18 Jul 2014, 05:01 AM

If I have an AI unit and it DOESNT get more than 30 kills in a match and has a price tag like that...its a waste.

If it touched you in your no no spot and it must be nerfed cool. Make it fire every 30 seconds and do less damage so I can wrack up 50 kills with it...

That 90 second cool down for 100 fuel on a fuel starved faction is punishing. This unit is only cost viable in 3v3 and 4v4 from all the replays of it doing AMAZING that I have seen. ISG can get 30 kills a match. It AGAIN costs 0 fuel.

The walking stuka is hardly some OP monster. If anything I think its UP for 1v1 and 2v2 considering the cost.

It can be useful. CAN. Sure I want to hedge my 100 fuel on a possibility. Ummm on second though...no thanks.

Edit: And for damn near the same cost i can afford TWO T70s when playing Soviets or a single T34/85 call in. And I promise you TWO T70s well microd are going to negate infantry and AT Guns way wayyyy better.

ur concept of artillery is flawed, it is not an AI unit. it is an artillery. lets not simplify this. AI units are not units that are great against infantry, they are incidentally, also direct fire units. direct fire units are going to expose themselves to the battlefield and all its dangers. a t3485 can be great against tanks and infantry, but it can also be negated, contained and prevented from doing too much damage. rakentenwerfer, paks and schrecks, germans have more than enough anti tank weapons.

but the stuka is an artillery, i cannot negate its firepower, i can only brace for it and the best i can do is spread out and take reduced casualties. i would stop all these, if relic is to include isreal anti missile systems to the factions for 450mp and 125 fuel with a 90% chance to shoot down rockets. but no, i can spread out but it wont work. but smart players will not bother, they will not aim at a general area chock full of delicious meatbags. instead, with stuka's ability to squad wipe, they will fire at individual squads and wipe them 1 by 1. so even after proper countermeasures to artillery, stuka just shits on that theory and still wipes squads.

the reason why im so adamant is because sooner or later, people are going to get better, the crying will start all over again when people finally learn to abuse this thing. im all for balance but this is not 1 of them.

sure, if you think an AI unit must have 50 kills before it is useful, we have a problem. most units have barely more than 10 kills, people retreat them before models start dropping. but they cede territory.
18 Jul 2014, 05:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 05:01 AMwongtp

ur concept of artillery is flawed, it is not an AI unit. it is an artillery. lets not simplify this. AI units are not units that are great against infantry, they are incidentally, also direct fire units. direct fire units are going to expose themselves to the battlefield and all its dangers. a t3485 can be great against tanks and infantry, but it can also be negated, contained and prevented from doing too much damage. rakentenwerfer, paks and schrecks, germans have more than enough anti tank weapons.

but the stuka is an artillery, i cannot negate its firepower, i can only brace for it and the best i can do is spread out and take reduced casualties. i would stop all these, if relic is to include isreal anti missile systems to the factions for 450mp and 125 fuel with a 90% chance to shoot down rockets. but no, i can spread out but it wont work. but smart players will not bother, they will not aim at a general area chock full of delicious meatbags. instead, with stuka's ability to squad wipe, they will fire at individual squads and wipe them 1 by 1. so even after proper countermeasures to artillery, stuka just shits on that theory and still wipes squads.

the reason why im so adamant is because sooner or later, people are going to get better, the crying will start all over again when people finally learn to abuse this thing. im all for balance but this is not 1 of them.

sure, if you think an AI unit must have 50 kills before it is useful, we have a problem. most units have barely more than 10 kills, people retreat them before models start dropping. but they cede territory.

For 130 Fuel if it can only kill infantry and it is well used in a team game yes I expect it to do exceptionally well. Otherwise why build it? I can build multiple ISGs and do better AND have armor. Even in the example you gave where you seem to think it did exceptionally well I disagree. Again I can do the same if not better with other "Artillery" be them mortars or Infantry Assault guns. I am not in anyway seeing how the Walking Stuka in any example is in anyway Overpowered for what it costs.
18 Jul 2014, 06:33 AM

For 130 Fuel if it can only kill infantry and it is well used in a team game yes I expect it to do exceptionally well. Otherwise why build it? I can build multiple ISGs and do better AND have armor. Even in the example you gave where you seem to think it did exceptionally well I disagree. Again I can do the same if not better with other "Artillery" be them mortars or Infantry Assault guns. I am not in anyway seeing how the Walking Stuka in any example is in anyway Overpowered for what it costs.

i already said, no other indirect fire weapons can squad wipe like the stuka does. its a huge blow to lose ur squad in a flash. it is stupidity to stay in a zone bombarded by mortars and then lose your squad. thats the difference between stuka vs other artillery pieces.

fuel and cost means nothing. isu152 has an immense cost, it is still overpowered, its ease of use and potential destructive power is still insane, but we will still use it because it is too effective.

t34 is 100 fuel. will it do 50kills in a close game? never. but it gives great infantry support and prevent hordes of grenadiers from running over your own men. stuka should kill, but never in this scale.

i will not complain if a stuka strike with 60 seconds cooldown, takes out 2-3 models per full hp squad with each strike, depending on the blob, more casualties.

there's only 2 solutions, give stuka circular targetting and scatter like the other artillery pieces, or make katyushas fire like calliopes without pauses and more AOE on each rocket. panzerwerfers with more AOE per rocket and priest and field artillery guns to fire at 2x the speed of barrage with a smaller scatter.

then the game would be horrible and the crying will be amazing.
18 Jul 2014, 06:38 AM

Its STILL going to blow up entire squads with every suggestion you make... the creeping barrage is tightly packed and long. Widening it at any point increases its chance at killing more squads as its AoE will make up for the distance between rockets.
18 Jul 2014, 06:43 AM

i was referring to vcoh style of bombardment. thats the circular area + scatter that i meant. then tone down the aoe of each individual rockets to reasonable levels so the aoe dont cover the space of an idling squad.
18 Jul 2014, 06:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 06:43 AMwongtp
i was referring to vcoh style of bombardment. thats the circular area + scatter that i meant. then tone down the aoe of each individual rockets to reasonable levels so the aoe dont cover the space of an idling squad.

Good luck with that. Might as well partition Poland while you are at it.

Thats redesigning the entire unit. Yeah, thats not going to happen. Want me to link the Stuka zu Fuss's description by Relic again, along with the description of OKW?
18 Jul 2014, 07:04 AM

Stop complaining about wuhrframen, or give back to OKW its fuel income + ability to build caches.
Stop wanting flawless victories just by blobbing every infantry type in the book.
Stop believing that for Allied everything has to be easier.
Stop thinking it's normal that soviets have such a powerfull howitzer and in addition the B4, and OKW has no right to have a powerfull artillery.
Stop thinking so biased.
18 Jul 2014, 08:09 AM

Nerf the best OKW units and then OKW must have normal income,otherwise makes no sense.And yes..stuka will occasionally wipe squads..deal with it.Thats how OKW catches up..in a race its always behind.However stuka is no problem is 1 vs 1,seldom in 2 vs 2.Soviet maxim spam in buildings,which is safe from nearly all okw counters gets bulldozed by this unit.Even in video half kills came from buildings...except that just 1 conscript squadwipe..plz.Can't handle it..don't spam maxim in buildings..god knows germans can't put their mgs in buildings due to how shit they are.
18 Jul 2014, 08:23 AM

Stop complaining about wuhrframen, or give back to OKW its fuel income + ability to build caches.
Stop wanting flawless victories just by blobbing every infantry type in the book.
Stop thinking it's normal that soviets have such a powerfull howitzer and in addition the B4, and OKW has no right to have a powerfull artillery.
Stop thinking so biased.

I agree with the most points and I think the game has not a bad balance.
the only thing I disagree is the comparison between the howitzer (and B4) and the stuka zu fuss.
its not the power of the stuka zu fuss, it s the accuracy. with the stuka every single barrage is a guaranteed 100% hit of the target you attack. that should not be. beacause as Russian or as US you micro your AT Gun and MGs like hell. if your doing good they will becom Vet3....but they are gone at the moment the OKW has de stuka because it does a 100% kill, meanwhile de howitzer does not beacause it shoots single shots and it has scatter.
this is just a bit boring and frustrating for a good microing player who loses its Vet 3 AT guns an MGs due to a easy to play, 100% guarantee killing arty ability...

don't you agree?
18 Jul 2014, 08:27 AM

Nerf the best OKW units and then OKW must have normal income,otherwise makes no sense.And yes..stuka will occasionally wipe squads..deal with it.Thats how OKW catches up

I don't know if you've ever played OKW, but they have 100% normal manpower income and all the infantry based AT they need to compensate for the fuel/muni.

They have limited access to tanks. Tanks ain't all that compared to basic infantry with shrecks.
18 Jul 2014, 08:38 AM

DISCLAIMER: All below based on Teamgames

As a guy who has B-4 as this months most beloved unit: I don't see a problem with the Stuka Zu Fuss.

The OKW has this as an only counter to a piece of equipment that will kill everything else with ease.

Will probably make a video compilation and post it here. Last nights tallies on a single B-4 in a game:

2 Tigers, 2 King Tigers, 1 Stuka Zu Fuss, 1 Panther, 2 Panzer IV, and assorted blobs. (tried to find out what units but failed to match torso, arms and legs. They where Germans though, hopefully..)

The B-4 is an effective hardcounter to everything if used correctly, a shiteload of munition is needed and an effective front so that it is far enough back so it doesn't get stormed aswell as anticipating where it will be needed to face when it has reloaded.

The OKWs only real chance (falls please, no buildings will be left standing around it.) is to drive a Stuka zu Fuss close enough to fire. This means sneaking it right up to the front and sending a barrage.

Remove the Stuka zu Fusss' ability to have that accuracy and OKW will struggle hard to win against soviets.

Not saying it doesn't need any changes but just think you should ponder on how this would affect gameplay. Nerf one thing and another becomes OP.

18 Jul 2014, 08:46 AM

DISCLAIMER: All below based on Teamgames

As a guy who has B-4 as this months most beloved unit: I don't see a problem with the Stuka Zu Fuss.

The OKW has this as an only counter to a piece of equipment that will kill everything else with ease.

Will probably make a video compilation and post it here. Last nights tallies on a single B-4 in a game:

2 Tigers, 2 King Tigers, 1 Stuka Zu Fuss, 1 Panther, 2 Panzer IV, and assorted blobs. (tried to find out what units but failed to match torso, arms and legs. They where Germans though, hopefully..)

The B-4 is an effective hardcounter to everything if used correctly, a shiteload of munition is needed and an effective front so that it is far enough back so it doesn't get stormed aswell as anticipating where it will be needed to face when it has reloaded.

The OKWs only real chance (falls please, no buildings will be left standing around it.) is to drive a Stuka zu Fuss close enough to fire. This means sneaking it right up to the front and sending a barrage.

Remove the Stuka zu Fusss' ability to have that accuracy and OKW will struggle hard to win against soviets.

Not saying it doesn't need any changes but just think you should ponder on how this would affect gameplay. Nerf one thing and another becomes OP.

so you played against noobs then. if your B4 kills 1 tank on a direct shot you will earn a stuka barrage immediately. I also think your talkin about 4v4. in 2v2 the b4 is quiet useless...
18 Jul 2014, 08:54 AM

Played Crixus and some random guy earlier this week in a 2v2 on Moscow, got 87 kills with it. It is still potent in 2v2.

Yesterday was a 3v3. In teamgames the Stuka zu fuss will be punshed back by teammates.

But this thread isn't about the B-4 which is quite balanced atm thanks to being static and squishy.

Im just saying that the Stuka zu Fuss is the only reliable counter to it availible to the OKW.
18 Jul 2014, 08:56 AM

I don't know if you've ever played OKW, but they have 100% normal manpower income and all the infantry based AT they need to compensate for the fuel/muni.

They have limited access to tanks. Tanks ain't all that compared to basic infantry with shrecks.

And what compensates for their brutal fuel and muni penalty?Also raketen and shreck are both rather defensive short ranged AT also with limited penetration,not suited to the endgame at all.Even ostheer and americans have same infantry based AT in RPGs and at guns..doesn't mean they get 2/3rd income..so ur point is moot.
18 Jul 2014, 09:19 AM

you get 2/3s income...hence you need to add HALF (1/3) of that to get the value youre aiming for...

Shit.
18 Jul 2014, 09:32 AM

Stop thinking so biased.

SSHeine saying; Stop thinking so biased.

On Topic:

Well it is indeed very strong against blobs.
But you hear it, see it coming and it doesn't always wipe squads.
Just don't blob up when you know they have a walking stuka.
18 Jul 2014, 09:34 AM

SSHeine saying; Stop thinking so biased.

PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 22
Germany 850
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %