Login

russian armor

July 22 Patch Notes

PAGES (8)down
23 Jul 2014, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 20:08 PMGreeb

I've been days complaining about Stuka being OP, and I think the same about new Katyusha. Those units just kill the "unit preservation" essence this game has, being able to wipe whole units just clicking a button. But if people thought that Stuka was fine before, then Katyusha is fine too.

Seems that people here are so pro that they can predict where the barrage will fall just by hearing the sound, and of course they never lose units to artillery because their micro is godly and these cheap tactics doesn't work against them.
until someone understands that arty was funny in CoH because usually it was the last ability in some doc trees, hard to see till the lategame and hardly spammeable.

I guess you never saw calliope or american Howie.
23 Jul 2014, 20:12 PM

A few undocumented changes:

Volks are now 235 MP
Commander Panthers are once again 170 Fuel down from 200.
Pz 4J's are once again 180 Fuel down from 210.
23 Jul 2014, 20:12 PM

Katyusha kill now whole squads with the hit of a single rocket. Meanwhile I can shoot two barrages of an leIG and a Wurfrahmen 40 volley on a blob of 2 russian mortars and 2 maxims and they are not even retreating afterwards. The two mortars kill afterwards my Sturmpionier squad with pinpoint precision.

Why do OKW have reduced Fuel income again when their fuel units are not meant to be any better than the enemy counterpart? For what I care they can remove the "transfer munition to fuel" mechanic in return if that is the only reason left, better to have full income of both ressources than to have only one. That will remove nearly everything that made OKW have a special feeling, but apparently that is the way we are heading for now.
23 Jul 2014, 20:28 PM

"Meanwhile I can shoot two barrages of an leIG and"

how much fuel is leIG??
23 Jul 2014, 20:28 PM

I am talking mainly about the Wurfrahmen when I refer to fuel, since that is the equivalent of Katyusha. I am just adding the leIG in this post because even that combined with the Wurfrahmen didn't do anything.
23 Jul 2014, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 20:10 PMBurts

I guess you never saw calliope or american Howie.

American Howi had many counters and it was static. Snipers, mortars, mortar HT... they all could destroy it easily.

Calliope was the last ability of armor doctrine and while it was really powerful, armor doctrine was not the most popular doc in 1vs1/2vs2 as it required a lot of fuel to be effective.
What I'm trying to say is that Calliope came very late in the game and rarely people made more than one.

In CoH2 you can rush mobile arty and have one Stuka/Katyusha/PzWer in midgame. They're non-doctrinal and they can be spammed. Add up much more indirect fire options (mortars, units barrages, commander abilities...) and you have a game where you can lose vetted units just by the RNG dice.

I'm not saying that vCoH was better or not, but it awarded much more unit preservation and it was strange to lose vetted paratroopers or KCH by indirect fire.

23 Jul 2014, 21:51 PM

Just played a few games with the new patch.

Muni income is awesome. Good for closing the prepatch AT gap with ( more )shreks.

But still I experienced 2 major issues.

First the Katjusha. This thing only costs 85 fuel and its like a walking stuka, but with a greater area covered. Really needs a fast fix. It destroys OKW Flak Ht in about 2 minutes and annihilates even vet 5 stuff without time to react as it instawipes. That is just gamebreaking. Walking stuka compared has a far longer cd, less area covered and it is a creeping barrage. This may be good for support weapons but it sucks vs moving infantry.
2nd is veteran rifles. They are still too good as they come too early. Every early infantry fight is dominated by that. Heck USF have the early advantage anyways why push it further. Make them 1 or even 2CP and cost 5 fuel and it should be fine. Every "good" call-in infantry in the game comes at 2 cp. Then maybe give them a optinal SMG upgrade.
23 Jul 2014, 21:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Precision strike against Howitzers...ñom ñom ñom.

Damage is going to be reduce and cooldown increased.
23 Jul 2014, 22:18 PM
Patrion 14

Precision strike against Howitzers...ñom ñom ñom.

Damage is going to be reduce and cooldown increased.
Katyusha is fucking overpowered, and I am a goddamn Soviet fanboy.

If you raise the rocket AoE radius from 4 to 6 you have increased the area of effect of each impacting rocket by 125%. Yes, they more than doubled the area of damage of every single rocket. AND they doubled the damage of said rockets. I literally whinced WHILE I WAS READING THE PATCH NOTES knowing what a clusterfuck it would be. Who ever works with numbers at Relic should be shot.
23 Jul 2014, 22:50 PM

Unfortunately katyusha has become death for OKW trucks,i believe katyusha needs longer cooldown or much less dmg to buildings/trucks.Otherwise OKW in team games is being seriously pounded badly by this unit.At first i thought good,finally a resurrected unitno fun anymore.Again overbuff unfortunately.
23 Jul 2014, 22:57 PM

Unfortunately katyusha has become death for OKW trucks,i believe katyusha needs longer cooldown or much less dmg to buildings/trucks.Otherwise OKW in team games is being seriously pounded badly by this unit.At first i thought good,finally a resurrected unitno fun anymore.Again overbuff unfortunately.

I think its damage, specifically to buildings need to be toned down, as well as a cooldown increase.
23 Jul 2014, 22:59 PM

OKW is now entirely way too good with no drawbacks. Just wait.....

They still have a hard time getting fuel for those expensive late game tanks. They're still very weak to tank heavy play from Americans/Soviets.

But they're sure as hell in a much better position than they were.
23 Jul 2014, 23:08 PM

Maybe OKW SHOULD be punished for putting their medic truck in the middle of the field. Americans sure as hell can't do much about it.
23 Jul 2014, 23:53 PM

I can confirm that Katyusha is definitely too good in team games. It destroys trucks... wait actually it destroys anything.

One single rocket will wipe a squad (I had a single rocket wipe a squad + kill 4 models of another), and several rockets often land in the same tight spot.

I just had a game where a guy spammed Kats. Luckily he was bad as he failed to move them after firing, so I could kill 8 of them with my Stuka (vet 5 in minutes thanks to 1000+ xp per kat), and my teammates were shooting at him too...

They need to be toned down a bit. People say that you can avoid their damage completely because it comes in waves but it's wrong. More often that not I retreat just before or right after the first wave without losing anything, then the last couple rockets will land in the middle of a squad, wiping it...

I'm not saying it should be nerfed to uselessness as it was before (unless HEAVILY spammed), but it's way too good in its current state.
24 Jul 2014, 00:07 AM

after being drowned in füsilier+sturmofficer blobs over and over again, it feels good to have something to give back to the okw in return now
24 Jul 2014, 00:09 AM

I still don't understand why OKW and US HAVE to blob every game.
I mean, can't you send 2 squads somewhere and other squads somewhere else?

Seems hard..

I also think the Kattie was good enough.
They should have done smth about the panzerwerfer.
For the people who haven't seen this unit around, I understand because no one uses it.
It looks like this;

24 Jul 2014, 00:42 AM

Maybe OKW SHOULD be punished for putting their medic truck in the middle of the field. Americans sure as hell can't do much about it.

Then what is the point of the faction at all? What makes it unique compared to regular Ostheer?

OKW is really a weird faction in that SO many people expect different things out of it and want changes made to it. Some people bitch about 5 lvls of Veteran, some people bitch about the negative 33% fuel, some bitch about their lack of non-doctrine HMG, and some bitch about their Heavy tanks blowing up their medium tanks.

I have played this faction the most since it came out and I am still learning how to play it. I do bitch about Maxims in the early game and AA-HT in the mid-game, but I will also admit that I still have some L2P issues. I just think that is people holw enough and Relic changes enough things the OKW will just end up being a Rip-off of the Ostheer.
24 Jul 2014, 00:55 AM

Then what is the point of the faction at all? What makes it unique compared to regular Ostheer?

OKW is really a weird faction in that SO many people expect different things out of it and want changes made to it. Some people bitch about 5 lvls of Veteran, some people bitch about the negative 33% fuel, some bitch about their lack of non-doctrine HMG, and some bitch about their Heavy tanks blowing up their medium tanks.

I have played this faction the most since it came out and I am still learning how to play it. I do bitch about Maxims in the early game and AA-HT in the mid-game, but I will also admit that I still have some L2P issues. I just think that is people holw enough and Relic changes enough things the OKW will just end up being a Rip-off of the Ostheer.

A forward medic truck has pros and cons. One of the cons is that it is vulnerable to destruction.

24 Jul 2014, 01:42 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The only thing good about this is that people are going to blob less.
Hmmm...Nope, people are still going to blob.
24 Jul 2014, 02:45 AM

Nerfing a Katyusha?? What about Stuka crap?? Its ok to you?

If nerfing than nerfng both units, not only Katyusha.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 57
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak