Login

russian armor

Relic trying to save War Spoil with Free Commander Rotation

PAGES (7)down
16 Jul 2014, 22:10 PM

Free commanders are really cool but... Why I got commander I already have?! Insane...
16 Jul 2014, 23:02 PM

Free commanders are really cool but... Why I got commander I already have?! Insane...

Because you're not the only person playing the game...?
16 Jul 2014, 23:14 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 13:47 PMSlinky

For some of us folks, a time sink is far worse than a pay wall. I bet some will never unlock all the content because they just can't sink in enough time and/or had any luck. There's also no more achievement based items we can work towards, just grind the xp, grind the time played and pray to God you get a good drop instead of a duplicate faceplate. What do we work towards in multiplayer now? Stats? Good luck in 4vs4 games with that MM system...

Ideally it would be easier for players to get the commanders they want than the current war spoils system, but having pay-for commanders on steam in the past was damaging to COH2s image.
17 Jul 2014, 13:06 PM

CoH2 community in a nutshell.

Commanders only paid for? Complain and say it's pay 2 win.
Unlockable commanders via playing? Complain that there are duplicates and drop rate is too low.
Unlockable commanders via playing + random rotation? Complain and say that this is even worse than just unlockable commanders.

Never happy I unless you get exactly what you want, right? If you want 1000$ and someone on the street donates you 999$ you gonna complain to him that it isn't 1k, rite? D:

I thought we were complaining because every new bunch of 'Pay to win' commanders were exactly that, commanders that were very OP, untested and continuously making game balance broken.
If you didn't buy one, well you had very hard time winning a game or two vs someone clearly less skilled.
You sort of forgot that bit, haven't you?

How about commanders that are fun to use, not keeping game in constant state of broken balance. Commanders that you can win by playing or purchase as DLC?

That sounds like normal and logical thing to me, doesn't it?

Having random rotation commanders doesn't really fix the core issue, now does it?
17 Jul 2014, 13:11 PM

I thought we were complaining because every new bunch of 'Pay to win' commanders were exactly that, commanders that were very OP, untested and continuously making game balance broken.
If you didn't buy one, well you had very hard time winning a game or two vs someone clearly less skilled.
You sort of forgot that bit, haven't you?

How about commanders that are fun to use, not keeping game in constant state of broken balance. Commanders that you can win by playing or purchase as DLC?

That sounds like normal and logical thing to me, doesn't it?

Having random rotation commanders doesn't really fix the core issue, now does it?

Oh, but please, name these bad P2W commanders that were not elite troops or soviet industry.

Please, tell us exactly which ones and in which way were stronger then say guard motor or shock rifle or lightning war or spearhead or the ele doctrine?

Two commanders were clear P2W.

Every single other one? Clueless noobs complaining about stuff they have never faced before and screamed OP because they were completely clueless on how to adapt and learn counters. Best example? Mechanized Assault, where oh so op AssGrens were nerfed hard only to be brought back to the state where they are STRONGER then they were released and its not like it was the only unit in that doctrine that got this kind of treatment, so please, don't say about P2W, when you're absolutely clueless and stuck in denial. You don't even know what P2W is.
17 Jul 2014, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2014, 13:11 PMKatitof

Oh, but please, name these bad P2W commanders that were not elite troops or soviet industry.

Please, tell us exactly which ones and in which way were stronger then say guard motor or shock rifle or lightning war or spearhead or the ele doctrine?

Every single other one? Clueless noobs complaining about stuff they have never faced before.
Something tells me you were part of them as well after reading your post.

Ass Grens, needed massive nerfs in first couple of weeks. Just as they got them sort of balanced they released new commanders (don't remember maybe elite)

Elite was so OP that no one even noticed how strong luftwaffe is until Elite got nerfed..

or you think increasing price of unit by 100% and decreasing its ability by 50% in few nerfs qualifies it as not being stronger?
17 Jul 2014, 15:48 PM

How many MONTHS again did it take to see Windustry and Elite Troops nerfed again?

Not days.

Not weeks.

MONTHS.

All for the bargain price of $3.99

17 Jul 2014, 17:01 PM

Just because a thing is free and unwanted does not change the fact it's absolutely free, cost you nothing, is a thing you would not have otherwise had, and have no right to complain about having.

It's literally Relic handing you things you didn't pay for and have no right to own, other than that relic decided to give them to you. You don't get to complain that they're not the things you want. That's not how free works.

2 points:

A - People aren't saying "Don't give us free commander rotation." They're saying "We didn't ask for this, we asked for access to the great content you're teasing us with". They are ready to pay Relic money for access! Instead they have to pay with huge amounts of time, which is not an option for anyone with a job.

B - you said "no right to own" if they handed you something, you certainly have a right to own it.

Yet again you have completely misconstrued what people are saying.
17 Jul 2014, 18:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2014, 13:11 PMKatitof

Every single other one? Clueless noobs complaining about stuff they have never faced before and screamed OP because they were completely clueless on how to adapt and learn counters. Best example? Mechanized Assault, where oh so op AssGrens were nerfed hard only to be brought back to the state where they are STRONGER then they were released and its not like it was the only unit in that doctrine that got this kind of treatment, so please, don't say about P2W, when you're absolutely clueless and stuck in denial. You don't even know what P2W is.

Again with this discussion? Variety of options is an edge on itself. Whether you consider this P2W or not is up to you.

I remember the day/s of OP AssGrens which then got nerf to acceptable levels. On that time initial MP was so low that T1 or T2 opening where quite hard. By that time you were already behind. The main problem wasn´t able to field counters in time without losing map presence.
Osstruppen + AssG was quite strong.
Lighting, Spearhead are still DLC commanders :P Same with Joint Op (i think)
Terror > Anti Infantry (Free)
Mechanized Support > Shock Motor (Free)
FHQ was broken, at least it was hotfix in days. I still find it strong on 2v2 on specific maps such as Semoisky and maybe the city/bridge map if used with SU + US against double OH (take church rush AA HT)
You already talked about Windustry.
Elite still remains one of the strongest commanders.
Luftwaffe complements really well OKW.

SU free commanders are fine, OH are a bit lackluster
17 Jul 2014, 18:45 PM

2 points:

A - People aren't saying "Don't give us free commander rotation." They're saying "We didn't ask for this, we asked for access to the great content you're teasing us with". They are ready to pay Relic money for access! Instead they have to pay with huge amounts of time, which is not an option for anyone with a job.

B - you said "no right to own" if they handed you something, you certainly have a right to own it.

Yet again you have completely misconstrued what people are saying.

Two points:

A- You're wrong Bulgakov

B - Have some Manners in automatch.

That is all.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %