russian armor

Relic trying to save War Spoil with Free Commander Rotation

PAGES (7)down
15 Jul 2014, 21:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

And, in response to the OP

I like this Free Commander Rotation and I think it is an excellent idea
15 Jul 2014, 21:37 PM

While I do believe the price I payed include the accesses to the trunk in a timely fashion. We do not agree with each other on this core matter. I appreciate what you said, I do think I am entitled to have access to the 6 rare WFA commander in ways other than worshiping RNG god, so you are correct on that part.

So you purchased a game, without understanding what you were actually buying.

That sounds an awful lot to me like NOT Relic's problem.

You paid for 3 commanders from each faction, and potential access to more.

You did NOT pay for 6 from each. You may have naively assumed you did, but I assure you that you did not.

In other news, Thanks for the free shit Relic.
15 Jul 2014, 21:38 PM

No, but we do get to complain when we are expected to think this is the most awesome thing ever

If you come to my house and crap on my carpet I am not going to think "Awesome, Free Manure"

Again with the misleading shit analogies. Obviously, it would imply effort on your part to clean up while unwanted drops don't negatively impact you, at all.
Hux
15 Jul 2014, 21:41 PM
Patrion 14

OBSERVER MODE.
15 Jul 2014, 21:41 PM

Your analogies make NO SENSE, dude.
You can't just twist analogies to make them work with your opinion...
COH2 WFA come with everything you need to play the game, including the chance to unlock 3 RARE commanders.

Your trunk analogy doesn't work because you're buying a car with no trunk!
That would mean you buying CoH2 with NO commanders.

So in the case of your twisted analogy, you would have 3 trunks already and 3 other RARE trunks that you could possibly find on your way to wherever it is you like to have fun. However, you don't want to use the 3 trunks given to you, you want those three rare ones and you're having trouble finding them.

Your analogies, I can't even...

I do not understand why I am buying a car without a trunk, may be this is due to some language issue. Where I live, trunk is the vehicle's main storage compartment, and most if not all vehicles have it.

Now, I actually like the analogy about Rare trunks you made very well. That is a smart counter, I understand what you are saying.

But still, I would like to tackle the premise you made that "COH2 WFA come with everything you need to play the game". If the 6 Rare commanders are indeed included in the price I paid, I do not see a reason why I am having trouble finding them. If they are not included in the price, I also do not understand why I will most likely not get any of them while someone with better luck would. I understand why Relic want to reward loyal players by their playtime, but why should a RTS game reward good luck is beyond my understanding. Why should I wait weeks, months or years to play the game we both like so much the play style that suits me through the help of suitable commander?
15 Jul 2014, 21:43 PM

Sorry, I do not know why I keep making this edit/reply mistake.
15 Jul 2014, 21:44 PM

The only bad thing about this release was the warspoils system, I'd say that means relic did a pretty chuffing awesome job.

I'm old & busy alot so I've yet to get a single commander for any faction (about 40 hours played since release). In a few months time there will no doubt be more default commanders for the new factions so people starting out will have more options but being stuck with 3 per new faction this long after release is beginning to get abit old.

I'm thinking I may take a brake & wait for those extra options to be released. I'll keep watching streams & lurking in these forums but waiting for a commander drop is definately getting tiresome.

This new system will eventually give me a chance to try out partisan tactics though so yay!
15 Jul 2014, 21:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The only bad thing about this release was the warspoils system, I'd say that means relic did a pretty chuffing awesome job.

Agreed
15 Jul 2014, 21:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Again with the misleading shit analogies. Obviously, it would imply effort on your part to clean up while unwanted drops don't negatively impact you, at all.

They do, because they are a reminder that I have no control over what I get.

The current system is, to avoid the scatalogical, a lot like:

You can be paid 1,000 for 40 hours work

You can be paid 25 an hour and earm based on how much you work

Or

You can be given 1,200 in lottery tickets
15 Jul 2014, 21:54 PM

So you purchased a game, without understanding what you were actually buying.

That sounds an awful lot to me like NOT Relic's problem.

You paid for 3 commanders from each faction, and potential access to more.

You did NOT pay for 6 from each. You may have naively assumed you did, but I assure you that you did not.

In other news, Thanks for the free shit Relic.

Like I said before, I made the assumption that the price include more than the 3 commander for each faction based on Relic's previous acts. I do think this assumption is reasonable, and not indicating I am less capable than any of you guys who understand exactly what you were buying.

It is your opinion that "You paid for 3 commanders from each faction, and potential access to more.", I have not yet seen Relic confirming that. If indeed this is written some where on the steam store page or agreements we signed in game, I am sincerely sorry. However, if that is not the case, then I would hold on to my opinion the same way you hold on to yours, and maintain my right to state my concerns on forums for people to discuss. You are welcome to join these discussion and show me your point of view, as always.
15 Jul 2014, 22:08 PM

They do, because they are a reminder that I have no control over what I get.

That's right, you have no control that we know of. At worst the system is unfair from person to person. But, your expectations aside, it still doesn't negatively impact you.

The current system is, to avoid the scatalogical, a lot like:

You can be paid 1,000 for 40 hours work

You can be paid 25 an hour and earm based on how much you work

Or

You can be given 1,200 in lottery tickets

No. The system is nothing like this. There are no alternatives to your rewards and you don't get paid because there is no currency (yet).

You get periodic rewards based on playtime and the most common rewards are not useful or impactful.
15 Jul 2014, 22:13 PM

I do not understand why I am buying a car without a trunk, may be this is due to some language issue. Where I live, trunk is the vehicle's main storage compartment, and most if not all vehicles have it.

Now, I actually like the analogy about Rare trunks you made very well. That is a smart counter, I understand what you are saying.

But still, I would like to tackle the premise you made that "COH2 WFA come with everything you need to play the game". If the 6 Rare commanders are indeed included in the price I paid, I do not see a reason why I am having trouble finding them. If they are not included in the price, I also do not understand why I will most likely not get any of them while someone with better luck would. I understand why Relic want to reward loyal players by their playtime, but why should a RTS game reward good luck is beyond my understanding. Why should I wait weeks, months or years to play the game we both like so much the play style that suits me through the help of suitable commander?

That's what I'm saying...Trunk is the vehicle's main storage compartment so you can't create an analogy where the trunk is the RARE commanders.
Having a trunk (commanders, not the rare ones, just the initial 3) as part of your car (Coh2) is an okay analogy...

Imagine a car, with everything you need for it to be a car. Trunk included
That is what the WFA is WITHOUT the "rare" commanders.
You can still play it just like you can drive the car, you can still chose commanders just like you can chose to open your trunk.

You can't say you have no access to your trunk and compare the trunk to the rare commanders because you already have 3 commanders. That's what I mean by having 3 trunks.

At first I just wanted you to stop being entitled...now I just want to teach you how to make analogies so no one has to go through what I did today.
15 Jul 2014, 22:23 PM

That's what I'm saying...Trunk is the vehicle's main storage compartment so you can't create an analogy where the trunk is the RARE commanders.
Having a trunk (commanders, not the rare ones, just the initial 3) as part of your car (Coh2) is an okay analogy...

Imagine a car, with everything you need for it to be a car. Trunk included
That is what the WFA is WITHOUT the "rare" commanders.
You can still play it just like you can drive the car, you can still chose commanders just like you can chose to open your trunk.

You can't say you have no access to your trunk and compare the trunk to the rare commanders because you already have 3 commanders. That's what I mean by having 3 trunks.

At first I just wanted you to stop being entitled...now I just want to teach you how to make analogies so no one has to go through what I did today.

What if for me the default commanders are like glove-boxes, and I feel like Rare Commanders are more capable, thus they are the trunk? I certainly feel like rifle company is way better than default ones, one of which even have recon flight, which is an ability major have.
15 Jul 2014, 22:26 PM

Like I said before, I made the assumption that the price include more than the 3 commander for each faction based on Relic's previous acts. I do think this assumption is reasonable, and not indicating I am less capable than any of you guys who understand exactly what you were buying.

But your assumption is wrong and it's kinda hard to hold relic responsible for something you imagined.
15 Jul 2014, 22:26 PM

What if for me the default commanders are like glove-boxes, and I feel like Rare Commanders are more capable, thus they are the trunk? I certainly feel like rifle company is way better than default ones, one of which even have recon flight, which is an ability major have.

:facepalm: I can't dude...I just can't even even anymore.
15 Jul 2014, 22:29 PM

I do realy hate war spoils!!!
So boring!
15 Jul 2014, 22:30 PM

Seeing as they made Steam so integral to COH2 - why not let COH2 items be tradable on the Steam Marketplace?

Seems to work great for CS:GO etc
15 Jul 2014, 22:34 PM

But your assumption is wrong and it's kinda hard to hold relic responsible for something you imagined.

Well, sure. Fact proved that my initial assumption was wrong, as obviously Relic prefer some if not most of the community do not have their hands on the WFA commanders until maybe next year. Then I am simply curious about the reason behind this, and the functional purpose of deploying the rotational system. I am not saying I am holding Relic responsible, just saying I do not understand the path they choose to take and I personally am not quite satisfied with the War Spoil system. I also assumed that I have the right to gently post my opinion on the forum and discuss with people who my post might interest. I sure hope this assumption is not wrong.
15 Jul 2014, 22:44 PM

There is a chance for you to NEVER get something that is "available" to everyone.

That should not be possible. That is preventing someone from getting a War Spoil that was promised to be obtainable. Now, other systems have trading which means it IS possible to obtain something you'll never earn. But we have nothing of the sort.

In short, it is the worst idea in the world to half-release a luck-based drop system.

Also, bulletins and faceplates are worth nothing. The thing with TF2 is that you can craft crappy items into metals that are universally worth something. That is why i fear for a trading system. No one wants a lot of the spoils, at least you wont get anything that you might not already have in return.
15 Jul 2014, 22:52 PM

There is a chance for you to NEVER get something that is "available" to everyone.

That should not be possible. That is preventing someone from getting a War Spoil that was promised to be obtainable. Now, other systems have trading which means it IS possible to obtain something you'll never earn. But we have nothing of the sort.

In short, it is the worst idea in the world to half-release a luck-based drop system.

Also, bulletins and faceplates are worth nothing. The thing with TF2 is that you can craft crappy items into metals that are universally worth something. That is why i fear for a trading system. No one wants a lot of the spoils, at least you wont get anything that you might not already have in return.

The trading system on Steam is much better than the current alternative - i.e. nothing.

Some people put value on crap like faceplates or skins etc - so if you traded say 40 of them for 1 Commander you didn't have - you're better off rather than being stuck with 40 pieces of junk.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS