Login

russian armor

Relic trying to save War Spoil with Free Commander Rotation

PAGES (7)down
16 Jul 2014, 05:42 AM

Continue bickering peasants, you amuse me too much. Please, have a grape to satisfy your hunger.

Enjoy:

On a moar serious note, damn I love doing this too much. The systems may be broken and stupidy designed without being tested beforehand, but at least it's an improvement from DLC OP commander spam. You all have to admit we have gotten better over the year, slowly, EVER SO SLOWLY, but surely. You guyz would be celebrating outside in the streets if CoH2 was like it was today 8 months back. So, while whining and slaying your opinion is important, too much whining and slaying of opinion could backfire, so please, you have an opinion, but don't overuse it. Speak softly and carry a big stick, aw f it, keep the bickering going, it's gettin' shizz done and giving me quality entertainment. You have my permission to continue while I watch and eat(some grapes).
16 Jul 2014, 05:50 AM

Just because a thing is free and unwanted does not change the fact it's absolutely free, cost you nothing, is a thing you would not have otherwise had, and have no right to complain about having.

It's literally Relic handing you things you didn't pay for and have no right to own, other than that relic decided to give them to you. You don't get to complain that they're not the things you want. That's not how free works.

OK, tell me how did you get this game for FREE ?

I spent 100(collector)+20(WFA)=120USD.
16 Jul 2014, 06:33 AM

Just because a thing is free and unwanted does not change the fact it's absolutely free, cost you nothing, is a thing you would not have otherwise had, and have no right to complain about having.

It's literally Relic handing you things you didn't pay for and have no right to own, other than that relic decided to give them to you. You don't get to complain that they're not the things you want. That's not how free works.

I'm the same as UGBEAR, paid 120 USD for the game AND I bought all the DLC commanders because I'm a baller (had all the skins via pre-order). I bought and paid for a game (plus DLC's) that had commanders that provide unique aspects to the game and achievable doctrines to enhance gameplay that I could work towards. Something I really appreciated and enjoyed since it would reward me for playing the game in a unique way. There's the whole MM/Ranking system that I preferred in CoH1 which I thought they'd continue but I was wrong and buyer beware on Steam. ;)

Now with that all said, WF came around which I bought, but the system would've changed even if I had not bought it. So, my $100+ purchase of achievement based doctrines and paid for commanders/skins was swapped for a War Spoils system. What I expected in this more or less fair(?) exchange is a decent war spoils system. Currently, the complaint is that it's not a decent system with bad aspects ie- time to grind, literally, it's like 3 hours which sucks for us working folks, with RNG nastiness and duplicates that have no value whatsoever at the moment. I mean, at least let us swap 3 out for a random whatever.

It's swapping the old achievement system which some personally liked, to the new RNG one which many had no choice but to accept since we had already bought the "original product". In fact, had war spoils been in the original release I guarantee some would've cancelled pre-order and waited for the feedback on it due to it's MMO grind nature. Most game distributors offer the "pre-order" upgrade after release anyways....

So you see, war spoils isn't free, it's a game feature. The whole reason you think it is free is because it cost money under the old system. In reality that content should have originally been included in the original release like CoH1, and adding extra content with DLC/Expansion packages.

I hope this clarifies all the "But it's free!" folks because really, it's not.

Cheers,

Slinky

Edit/PS - To add onto the analogies in this thread, it's most like paying for a hotel room with "Free breakfast!". The cost of breakfast is always included in the price of the hotel room whether it's a piece of toast with jam or a full blown buffet AND we can still critique and complain about it if it's low quality. In the same way, the work Relic/Sega puts towards the war spoils system is included in the Original/DLC price structure and we can critique and complain about the implementation and quality in hopes they make it better.
16 Jul 2014, 07:36 AM
Donator 22

I don't know why you wouldn't prefer the war spoils system, you can get the USF and OKW with all their commanders/skins for $20, compared to before when It cost $100+ for Sov/Ost+commanders/skins.
16 Jul 2014, 09:25 AM
Benefactor 3110

Hi,

i really do not want to troll, but honestly free testing commanders is bad now too? No offence but this argument is just stupid.

Relic tries hard to improve (BUT WHERE IST OBSERVER, dammit) show some gratitude.

I say "Thank you" to relic for free commander testing, i like it.

Best Regards to everyone and sorry again for my rude tone.

awa59b
16 Jul 2014, 10:59 AM

The new systems (War spoils and commander rotation) should be in the game at the first place.
Now it feels like Relic is pissing on everbody who payed for them.

How in the hell can this be a good thing for me (as an example)????
I already have all the commanders (payed for them) and now with this rotation thing, i started co2 and guess what, RELIC IS GIVING ME TWO NEW COMMANDERS TO CHECK OUT, but guess again, i already have them (payed money for them).

I think the problem startet with the release, they made a wrong decision and now they try to fix it with another wrong one.

Sorry guys, but i feel a bit betrayed from RELIC.

Their moto was: DLC will supporting the Game!
Then we did (everybody who bought the DLC).
And now: We will give everything to everybody (which i think ist great but...) throu war spoils and commander rotation.

My conclusion is: Everybody who payed for that is getting the Finger from Relic!!!!

Dont get me wrong, i hated the DLC Sh.. but now it feels like i am getting "VERARSCHT" which means "getting fooled and laughed about".

And one last thing. Dont start with payed DLC again relic, enough is enough. Just try to fix the new system and please think a little bit more about the players who supported you this past year, not only the new ones. We earned you RESPECT, not yor disrespect (thats how i feel right now).
nee
16 Jul 2014, 11:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 05:42 AMVonIvan

On a moar serious note, damn I love doing this too much. The systems may be broken and stupidy designed without being tested beforehand, but at least it's an improvement from DLC OP commander spam.
That's like saying the people being shipped to Auschwitz have no right to complain because once they get there they get free showers.
16 Jul 2014, 11:22 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The new systems (War spoils and commander rotation) should be in the game at the first place.
Now it feels like Relic is pissing on everbody who payed for them.

How in the hell can this be a good thing for me (as an example)????

Does having a Free Weekend, which we have already had, make you angry?

Because that is basically this on a smaller scale
16 Jul 2014, 11:45 AM

Does having a Free Weekend, which we have already had, make you angry?

Because that is basically this on a smaller scale

How is this like a free weekend for everybody who has the stuff from the "free weekend"?
We already have that stuffo_O
16 Jul 2014, 11:46 AM

So you're getting more free stuff, the rest of the system is unchanged and it is worse because of getting free shit?

That logic tho...
16 Jul 2014, 11:54 AM
Patrion 14

If everybody who furiousely whines about free commanders here would actually contribute something to the community, man I'd be a happy Kluge.

For real, keyboard warriors, you get free shit and still it's not good enough?
16 Jul 2014, 11:57 AM

So can we have the commander rotation schedule: when will I get the chance to try the new Soviet commanders (Tank Hunter, No retreat No surrender)?
16 Jul 2014, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 11:46 AMCieZ
So you're getting more free stuff, the rest of the system is unchanged and it is worse because of getting free shit?

That logic tho...

Again, how is it free stuff if i already have them (if i payed or not is not the point, it is not about the money)?
War spoils and commander rotation gives you (like you say) free stuff. I (and others) already have that, how is this free?
If i did buy the game yesterday, then it would be free stuff but i preordered the game so...
I have over 800 H on this game because i love it and i like the new aproach but it is a little disrespectfull to the players who are in this since the beginning, thats all.
nee
16 Jul 2014, 12:58 PM

If everybody who furiousely whines about free commanders here would actually contribute something to the community, man I'd be a happy Kluge.

For real, keyboard warriors, you get free shit and still it's not good enough?
it is not free shit, and I have already contributed by way of a far better idea that same up within a minute during I typed my response.
16 Jul 2014, 13:05 PM

Again, how is it free stuff if i already have them (if i payed or not is not the point, it is not about the money)?
War spoils and commander rotation gives you (like you say) free stuff. I (and others) already have that, how is this free?
If i did buy the game yesterday, then it would be free stuff but i preordered the game so...
I have over 800 H on this game because i love it and i like the new aproach but it is a little disrespectfull to the players who are in this since the beginning, thats all.

Have you played enough to get the Premimum US and OKW commanders?

Those will be available in the rotation inevitably as well. This particular rotation will mean nothing for you but future ones could. When new content and commanders come out like the Soviet Tank Hunter doctrine you may get access to that Commander for free when it goes on rotation or if you get lucky through War Spoils.

If you look into the future this will benefit you as well.

If you bought that content then it will be accessible to you no matter what or when. If you play this game very often (sounds like you do) then you will get your moneys worth if you haven't already.

It's honestly shocking to me to see how much backlash this is getting. Will this be the end of "reforms" to the War Spoils system? Who can say? I don't think so. We may see things like improved drop rates. We may see a trading system. We may see a crafting system. We may see a trade-in system for duplicates. I think any of these could prove valuable.

I see this as a tangental improvement that is pretty cool. It's fine to say "War Spoils should be better" but objectively I believe the Commander Rotation is an improvement.

I think it will be very interesting when new commanders that no one has access to will go on that rotation. A meta-game will evolve around the new content sponateously. If ever US player had access to the Mechanized Company tomorrow that would shake things up signficantly. That potential sounds pretty interesting to me!
16 Jul 2014, 13:24 PM

Well, I think the first problem is that they really created an envy problem among the masses.

Now I have seen someone's calculations on the community forums: there is a .01% chance or less of a commander drop in an average length game apparently. And then you go into games and see someone with double new commanders. It's aggravating. I play a lot, but I've only gotten one OKW commander.

The bigger problem is the commanders as drops themselves. Relic has a history of releasing OP commanders that affect gameplay terribly. There's a consensus building that the Rifle commander with the EZ8s and vet infantry is quite OP, maybe even more perniciously OP than the Tiger Ace was because this commander has a number of extremely good abilities that affect the game along its whole length (you could sometimes win against an Elite Troops user before he could get an Ace, and the vetting was definitely not the huge issue).

We know it takes a while for Relic to listen to the masses crying OP even in obvious cases like SovInd and Elite Troops, but since a limited number of people are playing with this commander, it's just going to take much longer for them to modify it.

Meanwhile those of us who do play competitively and already are seeing this commander over and over are getting frustrated.

Other than that, it's a system that could have been much better. A point system to get commanders with random drops of bulletins and skins would have been ideal. If skins and bulletins were the only drops, no one would be complaining.

Shepard - did I miss something or are these rotation commanders going to be for sale? The current ones already were. But the new ones aren't last time I checked. If they are for sale, and people are still complaining, well, god help them.

16 Jul 2014, 13:29 PM

Have you played enough to get the Premimum US and OKW commanders?

Those will be available in the rotation inevitably as well. This particular rotation will mean nothing for you but future ones could. When new content and commanders come out like the Soviet Tank Hunter doctrine you may get access to that Commander for free when it goes on rotation or if you get lucky through War Spoils.

If you look into the future this will benefit you as well.

If you bought that content then it will be accessible to you no matter what or when. If you play this game very often (sounds like you do) then you will get your moneys worth if you haven't already.

It's honestly shocking to me to see how much backlash this is getting. Will this be the end of "reforms" to the War Spoils system? Who can say? I don't think so. We may see things like improved drop rates. We may see a trading system. We may see a crafting system. We may see a trade-in system for duplicates. I think any of these could prove valuable.

I see this as a tangental improvement that is pretty cool. It's fine to say "War Spoils should be better" but objectively I believe the Commander Rotation is an improvement.

I think it will be very interesting when new commanders that no one has access to will go on that rotation. A meta-game will evolve around the new content sponateously. If ever US player had access to the Mechanized Company tomorrow that would shake things up signficantly. That potential sounds pretty interesting to me!

+1 on that post Corp.Shepard.

As i stated before, i like the new system but... i cant help it that i feel that Relic forgot all the players who have the game since release. It s is like we never existed and we have to start all over again. That is what is bothering me, not that i dont get new and free stuff. i like the free stuff (i hated the DLCs, bought them anyway) but as a fellow german soldier in this game would say: no, not like zis :D

Respect the people who stuck by your side the hole time!!
16 Jul 2014, 13:34 PM

I'm not sure what question you are asking Sluzbenik.

The new OKW and US forces commanders; commanders like Rifle Company, Mechanized Company, Fortification Doctrine, Scavenge Doctrine, etc. are not for sale currently.

Will the commanders who are on rotation go on sale? Each rotation? I have no idea. We'll have to see.

edit:

It's interesting to me that they say that the "Free Commander Rotation" is temporary. Are they referring to the current rotation? Are they referring to the entire system? Will they rotate commanders for a few months and then shut the entire thing down? I must admit I am a little confused about this new feature.
16 Jul 2014, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 07:36 AMRizza
I don't know why you wouldn't prefer the war spoils system, you can get the USF and OKW with all their commanders/skins for $20, compared to before when It cost $100+ for Sov/Ost+commanders/skins.

For some of us folks, a time sink is far worse than a pay wall. I bet some will never unlock all the content because they just can't sink in enough time and/or had any luck. There's also no more achievement based items we can work towards, just grind the xp, grind the time played and pray to God you get a good drop instead of a duplicate faceplate. What do we work towards in multiplayer now? Stats? Good luck in 4vs4 games with that MM system...
16 Jul 2014, 14:00 PM

Well, I think the first problem is that they really created an envy problem among the masses.

Now I have seen someone's calculations on the community forums: there is a .01% chance or less of a commander drop in an average length game apparently. And then you go into games and see someone with double new commanders. It's aggravating. I play a lot, but I've only gotten one OKW commander.

The bigger problem is the commanders as drops themselves. Relic has a history of releasing OP commanders that affect gameplay terribly. There's a consensus building that the Rifle commander with the EZ8s and vet infantry is quite OP, maybe even more perniciously OP than the Tiger Ace was because this commander has a number of extremely good abilities that affect the game along its whole length (you could sometimes win against an Elite Troops user before he could get an Ace, and the vetting was definitely not the huge issue).

We know it takes a while for Relic to listen to the masses crying OP even in obvious cases like SovInd and Elite Troops, but since a limited number of people are playing with this commander, it's just going to take much longer for them to modify it.

Meanwhile those of us who do play competitively and already are seeing this commander over and over are getting frustrated.

Other than that, it's a system that could have been much better. A point system to get commanders with random drops of bulletins and skins would have been ideal. If skins and bulletins were the only drops, no one would be complaining.

Shepard - did I miss something or are these rotation commanders going to be for sale? The current ones already were. But the new ones aren't last time I checked. If they are for sale, and people are still complaining, well, god help them.

+1

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 13:47 PMSlinky

For some of us folks, a time sink is far worse than a pay wall. I bet some will never unlock all the content because they just can't sink in enough time and/or had any luck. There's also no more achievement based items we can work towards, just grind the xp, grind the time played and pray to God you get a good drop instead of a duplicate faceplate. What do we work towards in multiplayer now? Stats? Good luck in 4vs4 games with that MM system...

And +1 to this too.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight