Login

russian armor

USA has some rather super advanced artillery

14 Jul 2014, 14:19 PM

It was stunned by Katyusha and then destroyed by the barrage. At least now we can see that Kat can do something too.
The damage of the barrage is very powerful though, I killed whole enemy army with it while they were clumped up near the base and reinforcing and somehow tiger that was called on the field at the same moment got an engine crit from it.
14 Jul 2014, 14:24 PM

The callin artillery abilities for both new factions need looking into. Zeroing artillery for the OKW fortification doctrine can last for for a good while and can wipe out clumped bases if given the LOS and chance.
14 Jul 2014, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 14:18 PMSully

No it was not. The Katyusha barrage did nothing to the JagdTiger. The stun icon does not appear until the first artillery shell lands.

What will players using this doctrine do versus heavy armor? The same thing as every other US player. Jacksons and vetted AT guns.

You have never faced JT as US, am I right?

Its not possible to use AT guns because of how fragile they are, fusiliers will just obliterate them and its not really possible to flank it either with jacksons, because jacksons are made of tissue paper and its impossible for them to last enough time to bring it down.

When I'm flanked by jacksons, unless its 3+ of them I don't even try to move my JT and just let pair of puppchens and pair of shrecked volks do the job.
14 Jul 2014, 14:28 PM

All the new artillery is broken save the time on target.

• Major artillery re-calls itself if your majoy hits vet 2.
  • 155mm mechanized artillery does massive, massive damage and also vehicle stuns (I have and use me- trust me, the 155mm vehicle stuns with every shell)
  • Scavenge commander artillery wipes entire bases if you save your muni until you hit ~800 (Viable in 2v2)
  • Scavenge artillery also calls itself back down periodically (Still not entirely sure why, but it seems to be similar to major artillery; if your munitions tick over certain thresholds it just spawns again where you called it last for free)
  • Zeroing arty is sector artillery on super steroids so long as you have LoS
14 Jul 2014, 14:30 PM

Yes, that ability is overpowered at the moment. It's basically an improved version of the Time on Target artillery and also faster hitting. It can oneshot almost everything. Against a Jagdtiger it's incredibly good, because the Jagdtiger can get crewshocked from every penetrating hit (one of it's weakpoints).

You can clearly see the last rocket of the Katyusha impacts far behind the JT. Katyusha Rockets have a neglectable chance to penetrate it's rear armor, so only a direct hit could've done anything at all. It was also no ability used to stun, it was simply artillery penetrating, causing the crew shock and allowing subsequent shells to hit.
14 Jul 2014, 14:34 PM

Yes, that ability is overpowered at the moment. It's basically an improved version of the Time on Target artillery and also faster hitting. It can oneshot almost everything. Against a Jagdtiger it's incredibly good, because the Jagdtiger can get crewshocked from every penetrating hit (one of it's weakpoints).

You can clearly see the last rocket of the Katyusha impacts far behind the JT. Katyusha Rockets have a neglectable chance to penetrate it's rear armor, so only a direct hit could've done anything at all. It was also no ability used to stun, it was simply artillery penetrating, causing the crew shock and allowing subsequent shells to hit.

You don't seem to appreciate the brokeness of 155mm artillery.

Jadgs get stunned by everything and their dog, but every single 155mm shell does crew stun on any vehicle.

It's even in the tooltip description of it, if I recall. Lemme go take a screenshot of some stuns (watch this space)
14 Jul 2014, 14:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 14:00 PMKatitof

Thats because precision bombing run is a horrible waste of ammo that will hit its target only if opponent turns off his screen for 30 sec. Its not really worth the cost given the time it takes to actually hit stuff.

The bombing run comes in decently fast on most 1V1 maps. There are also various ways to hold the target still or near-still for the duration of the strike- mines, button, ram, AT nade, vehicle blocking, waiting for it to commit forward. Nobody uses it on a mobile target, just like how nobody uses the Stuka AT strafe on a moving vehicle.

Options for the US are more limited, but you can still Stuart stun, AT rifle nade, or vehicle block. The 155mm stuns so you only need the first shell to hit anyway. There's no need for the insanely over the top damage too. And of course there's the issue of it blowing up OKW trucks, which is patently ridiculous.

Also 57mms are as survivable as Pak 40s, so make what you will of that. I've never faced the JT as the US because nobody would ever get one in a 1v1. In a team game I'd hazard a guess that the rocket strafe + mark target would do a fair number on it.
14 Jul 2014, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 04:32 AMEndeav
Apparently the recon commander has access to a modern 155 MM 5M CEP artillery piece capable of MRSI.

Modern artillery would only be so proud to pull this off!

You know what would be more impressive? Modern tanks shooting at enemy tanks through several buildings without visual contact... and hitting!
14 Jul 2014, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 14:25 PMKatitof
Its not possible to use AT guns because of how fragile they are, fusiliers will just obliterate them and its not really possible to flank it either with jacksons, because jacksons are made of tissue paper and its impossible for them to last enough time to bring it down.

JagdTigers get stunned ridiculously easy as MilkaCow explained above. Exploit said weakness instead of trying to justify the existence of a clearly OP ability.
14 Jul 2014, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 14:47 PMChegwin

You know what would be more impressive? Modern tanks shooting at enemy tanks through several buildings without visual contact... and hitting!

There was a case during WWII that JT shot thru a building and destroyed a tank.
14 Jul 2014, 14:54 PM

If it is not like the "Time on Target " Arty like in the other commander, then i take my earlyer post back. I thought it was like the other wich is really slow and doesn't do any (low) damage. I don't know about this because of RELICs "WAR (maybe you will never get that commander) SPOILS".
14 Jul 2014, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 14:53 PMGacul

There was a case during WWII that JT shot thru a building and destroyed a tank.

How far from JT was said building ?
14 Jul 2014, 15:15 PM

Fact is, for 180 munitions, you can blow up any OKW truck, possibly two, and then some. If you don't think that a single ability destroying a tier of tech isn't broken, you're an idiot.
14 Jul 2014, 15:19 PM

Honestly until they fix the panzer werfer which is a non doctrinal unit which appears in almost every team match, and proceeds to wreck said team match, I am fine with the OKW getting a taste of their own shitty medicine.

All the new arty is broken so in a way it's semi balanced I suppose.
14 Jul 2014, 15:19 PM

Fact is, for 180 munitions, you can blow up any OKW truck, possibly two, and then some. If you don't think that a single ability destroying a tier of tech isn't broken, you're an idiot.

Factually speaking, you could do that with 2-3 satchels (120-180MU) from penals. But then again, all the arty callins for the WFA factions need reexamining.
14 Jul 2014, 15:21 PM

2-3 satchels is not even remotely close to getting LOS and dropping an ability.
Hux
14 Jul 2014, 15:28 PM
Patrion 14

2-3 satchels is not even remotely close to getting LOS and dropping an ability.

(Read: no, it's way more badass)
14 Jul 2014, 15:58 PM

Couple things:
I think this is a simple oversight on relic's part. This level of damage cannot be intentional, including the ability to kill okw trucks.

Second, the jagdtiger was reversing when the smoke came down, and it was not the Katyusha that stunned it, it was the first shell.

Third, if this was indeed intentional, it does not justify having this level of damage in an offmap, saying 'what else are you supposed to use to kill it' means that unless you have this ability you are gimped. That doesn't fly.
14 Jul 2014, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 15:58 PMEndeav
Third, if this was indeed intentional, it does not justify having this level of damage in an offmap, saying 'what else are you supposed to use to kill it' means that unless you have this ability you are gimped. That doesn't fly.

In certain scenarios I'm afraid it's very much true. It flies better than most pigs.

If you want to try the most painful matchup in CoH history, try playing double USF against an OKW/OST team.

With MG42's, PaK and german tanks supporting Ost infantry, Arty and super heavies, USF have nothing but arty and prayers to deal with those big beasts dominating the map.

Of course, that requires certain circumstances with decent play between both team members and to a certain extent certain maps, but still.

Regardless, it reversed into the middle of the drop zone. Big ol 'derp there which cost him the Jagd. Go forwards a foot or two- no matter what is in front of you, it will do less damage than sitting through a targeted arty barrage, and reverse once it's done.

As all offmaps, it's easy as chips to dodge so long as you're careful and not over-extended.
14 Jul 2014, 16:39 PM

The only good thing about this arty is, that I can now block everyone who trys to defend it. o_O
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Russian Federation 19
United States 10
unknown 3
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L