Login

russian armor

AT-Nades causing Engine DMG like 90% of the time

10 Jul 2014, 17:40 PM

Dont you guys think this is really anoying ? The soviet nades are like ultra high range and follow ( always hit ) . In vCoh sticky granades were causing less engine crits (at least that how i feel)
and you could drive out of range. Tank rushes are therefore extremely dangerous for the agressor and cause a dull frontline at times , even tho you are ahead.
10 Jul 2014, 17:42 PM

Tank rushes are dangerous!

Quickly! Nerf soviet AT!

Panzerfaust got more penetration and is being shot at weaker armor, OP is :loco:
10 Jul 2014, 17:54 PM
Patrion 14

Panzerfausts are stronger in every sense than AT nades, and don't require an expensive upgrade. So how are AT nades OP again? Just keep your tanks at range, don't rush into conscripts.
10 Jul 2014, 18:09 PM

No shit , you guys act like i dont know how to play . im not asking for advise on how to dodge that. just saying tankrushes not as viable , even tho you are ahead. Tanks are not intimidating enough if you have at nades , especially not when you are OKW and have like zero anti inf tanks anyways
10 Jul 2014, 18:15 PM

Umm, red alert is the only game where tank rushes with no infantry support were a good idea and even that changed with latest releases.

You want to rush with tanks? Use scouting first and move with infantry.

In ww2 tanks were defenseless against infantry in certain settings without infantry support, its not really different here.

And last but not least, you've completely lost any creditability by saying pfaust is weaker then AT nades.

If you're not complaining on balance here, then you're either stating the obvious with this thread and/or indeed seem like someone who does need L2P.
10 Jul 2014, 18:15 PM

I consider not being able to roflstomp your opponent with a light vehicle because you held a point for about an extra minute, good gameplay.
10 Jul 2014, 18:18 PM

I think it's okay. It's a good way to punish noobs who just mindlessly throw their tanks through the enemy lines. In other cases, the AT nade or faust isn't like instant death sentence for the tank just merely a slight delay and you'll have your tank up and running in no time anyway. Besides I think it adds to the gameplay.
10 Jul 2014, 18:39 PM

The Panzerfaust is also more weak.

Please do continue, what else do you find too weak ?
10 Jul 2014, 19:06 PM

Katitof if all you plan to do here is attack me instead of contributing to a discussion stay away form this thread . once again im not asking for advice.

Yes faust does more damage and is prob better against light vehicles.
All im trying to say is the engine crits happen too often on at nades for my taste. This plus the nades following the vehicle around feels kind of ridiculous.

While as some of you point out they are vital to counter early vehicles , they do cripple the mid to lategame in sense of assaults. IMO they should be more like vCoh stickys, where when you drove out of range they would not follow you around and the animation was cancled and crits would not happen anytime
10 Jul 2014, 19:19 PM

Well, coh1 sticky bombs not only has the chance to damage or destroy the engine, but it would actually do damage to the tank. They also had way more range than an at nade.

10 Jul 2014, 19:23 PM

Katitof if all you plan to do here is attack me instead of contributing to a discussion stay away form this thread . once again im not asking for advice.

Yes faust does more damage and is prob better against light vehicles.
All im trying to say is the engine crits happen too often on at nades for my taste. This plus the nades following the vehicle around feels kind of ridiculous.

While as some of you point out they are vital to counter early vehicles , they do cripple the mid to lategame in sense of assaults. IMO they should be more like vCoh stickys, where when you drove out of range they would not follow you around and the animation was cancled and crits would not happen anytime

" All im trying to say is the engine crits happen too often on at nades for my taste. This plus the nades following the vehicle around feels kind of ridiculous. "

So does the Panzerfaust. It also follows you, and has better chance of damaging the engine.
10 Jul 2014, 19:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Katitof won´t attack you if your idea also applied to fausts.
Basically you are saying, nerf AT nades, leaves faust alone when they both mostly behave the same.
10 Jul 2014, 19:45 PM

OMG, MY TIGUR GOT STOPPED BY ZET CUTE LITTLE AT GRENADE :<

GOD FORBID, nerf! soviets op!!1
10 Jul 2014, 19:46 PM

OMG, MY TIGUR GOT STOPPED BY ZET CUTE LITTLE AT GRENADE :<

GOD FORBID, nerf! soviets op!!1

I agree 100%. AT nades should just be a wasted fuel sink. They shouldnt do anything to German Steel. EVA!
10 Jul 2014, 20:03 PM

I'm not attacking you.

I'm trying to see where are you coming from and see dead ends only as well as your lack of stats knowledge.

And you've only further cemented my assumption about you don't knowing much with yet another time with you thinking pfaust deal more damage. It doesn't, damage is same as AT nade, penetration is superior.

At AT nades and pfausts are fine, were fine for a year, will be fine for the following.
10 Jul 2014, 20:57 PM

Well, coh1 sticky bombs not only has the chance to damage or destroy the engine, but it would actually do damage to the tank. They also had way more range than an at nade.

CoH1 sticky bombs required the animation to complete in order to throw, and the animation was cancelled whenever the target vehicle moved out of range. In CoH2 that doesn't matter, if you're in range for a picosecond, the AT Grenade will hit.
10 Jul 2014, 21:13 PM

so it's AT nades now?

Weaker than fausts in every way, and yet they are literally the only reason to keep those shit conscripts around
10 Jul 2014, 22:02 PM

They are not weaker, maybe in terms of range and dmg . Mr. Someguy pretty much sums it up why they are so good . Fausts have an animation , which needs to be completed afaik.
10 Jul 2014, 22:10 PM
Patrion 14

They are not weaker, maybe in terms of range and dmg . Mr. Someguy pretty much sums it up why they are so good . Fausts have an animation , which needs to be completed afaik.

Fausts behave exactly the same, they will follow the target and if that target was to leave the range, it will not break the animation as it did in coh1.

This is exactly what Mr. Someguy correctly stated. He hinted at nothing of the sort that there is any similar mechanic in place in coh2.

The only thing that was somewhat a caveat that fausts had(/have?) is that there was a slight chance (due to the straight line of the projectile) that it could hit an obstacle in the world. This was however very unlikely to happen.
10 Jul 2014, 22:10 PM

So having a longer range to be fired at, higher penetration, and no seperate research cost is inferior? You're crazy. Also, faust animation is only 0.7 seconds longer than the AT nade animation, but surely thats too long of a time to wait.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★