Login

russian armor

Doctrinal 155mm barrage working as intended?

5 Jul 2014, 20:42 PM

what the fuck relic
this is a rage thread yes, but i think rage is due
this ability kills okw trucks in 1 go. that is ONE fucking go. my opponents told me to keep them in the base... which wouldnt have helped cause theres a recon flight or you could just drive into the base with some crap light armor and destroy any OKW building in one go. please tell me this is not intentional!

i was playing 2v2 on a 5 streak when this team of scrubs just killed 1 truck after the other. they basically lost before that. but once our tech was gone we had 0 , i repeat ZERO chance of coming back

btw. its an ability of that jeep commander...

i might upload a vid of those truck kills once i manage to stop the steam shooting out of my ears
5 Jul 2014, 22:28 PM

I have to agree, I only saw it once because of the Jeep commander rarity. I was baffled. It is way too precise, lasts a long time and will utterly destroy a fully deployed truck every single time. It is basically the ultimate counter to OKW. I'm afraid we won't see a fix until that commander drops more and get overused.

The ability should get some scatter or a shorter period barrage.

Sadly I did not keep a replay, but I'll do next time.
5 Jul 2014, 22:34 PM

The US 155mm barrage of the 'Mechanized' is the best munitions strike in the whole game. The scavenger strike is also really good.

It's the only ability that can knock out a full health sturmtiger with one blow. not only that, but it stuns vehicles so they can't move out of the barrage radius.

It costs 180, and is much better than other 180 strikes.
5 Jul 2014, 22:42 PM

The US 155mm barrage of the 'Mechanized' is the best munitions strike in the whole game. The scavenger strike is also really good.

It's the only ability that can knock out a full health sturmtiger with one blow. not only that, but it stuns vehicles so they can't move out of the barrage radius.

It costs 180, and is much better than other 180 strikes.

Only sturmtigers? This thing can wipe vanilla Tigers, and nigh on wipe King Tigers. I've yet to have one at full health to try, but it can wipe a ~80% Jagdtiger.
5 Jul 2014, 22:45 PM

Now that you're describing that I feel lucky that I had my puma being stunned for entire duration and survive it.
5 Jul 2014, 22:46 PM

sturmtigers are 1280 HP...the thing about this strike is also the fact that it comes fairly early (8CP) so we have the best strike in the game at an affordable price.
5 Jul 2014, 22:53 PM

The US 155mm barrage of the 'Mechanized' is the best munitions strike in the whole game.

A bit of apples and oranges, but I think sector arty is also very powerful. I have yet to see the 155 in action...now I'm curious.
5 Jul 2014, 23:02 PM

Sector arty is death to anything that can't escape. Just.. death. 100% gone.

155mm is the same to a very specific area of the map.

Some examples of it in use:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ppoq6g782ejdvp/AACt-6vamhVfkMTp-uvRTgQua

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46424117/2014-07-02_00007.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46424117/2014-07-02_00008.jpg
5 Jul 2014, 23:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

^Sector arty. Denial of own territory which won´t hit anything if it´s moving.

The US 155mm barrage of the 'Mechanized' is the best munitions strike in the whole game.

Hmmm interesting. I want to see comparison stats with, for example, Stuka or Railway Artillery.
5 Jul 2014, 23:07 PM

^
Stuka and railway are much weaker compared to 155mm. The effect of the 155mm is a bit like the Walking stuka. Imagine two or three walking stuka barrages in roughly the same area but the shells completely penetrate all armor.

I haven't seen sector artillery yet. The Scavenger 105mm artillery is also crazy good.
5 Jul 2014, 23:22 PM

I'm pretty sure scavenger artillery is bugged. I've noticed it lands 3 times over the course of several minutes. I've seen it once in Stephenn's stream, and twice in the Propagandacast.
5 Jul 2014, 23:53 PM

I'm pretty sure scavenger artillery is bugged. I've noticed it lands 3 times over the course of several minutes. I've seen it once in Stephenn's stream, and twice in the Propagandacast.

I have a friend who uses it every game and it looks fine to me. Its practically railway artillery.

About the 155mm barrage, i havent seen it used because of its rarity. However, it better get fixed once they fix the drop system. I actually want to use the commander, but i cant because playing hours on end, winning, getting the most points on your team means NOTHING to your ability to get anything. You get rewarded for letting your computer on and having bots fight for a few hours.
5 Jul 2014, 23:56 PM

I was talking about the one that comes with Jaeger Light Infantry.
5 Jul 2014, 23:57 PM

I was talking about the one that comes with Jaeger Light Infantry.

I was talking about it.
6 Jul 2014, 00:20 AM

i have cooled off by now, but im still baffled. too bad i didnt save the replay or else wed have a nice OKW truck burst compilation... i was like "what that battlegroup truck was full hp... what that flak truck was full hp... what is happening?" fun times, fun times indeed
6 Jul 2014, 00:35 AM

This was my face when I played my first game with Mechanized:

1. Dodge truck/Halftrack fast recon or use Recon overflight
2. then drop 155mm on bunched up units. If light vehicles are no longer needed, return for 75% refund.

Oh, yeah, and the halftrack @ 3 cp (?) can reinforce and comes with a flamer that can fire on the go. 550 MP, 35 fuel.
6 Jul 2014, 00:37 AM

I think it's pretty balanced. The OKW are designed to lose against Maxim spam every game so it's good to see that the US now has something that acts as an "I WIN BUTTON". Now to just unlock this commander and I can switch away from Ruskies.
6 Jul 2014, 00:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It's an issue that was spotted in the alpha and brought up... pretty much in the same position as the aimed shot garrison clear.

Even if it didn't destroy trucks in one go, which is ridiculous, it is still incredibly potent against vehicles as people have already pointed out. If the vehicle doesn't escape the first shot (which comes down fast by the way), it's guaranteed death. I'd guess that Katitof's Puma was stunned while moving, so it came to a halt outside the strike zone- else I don't see how it was possible that it survived.
6 Jul 2014, 01:22 AM

Tried it, it does wipe KT from full health.

Also scavenge docterine arty is either strange in design or bugged, yes. I call it down once in one spot and it just keeps coming down over and over and costing me nothing.

Lucky me, I get the two drop commanders with the most broken artillery in the game.
6 Jul 2014, 01:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh, yeah, and the halftrack @ 3 cp (?) can reinforce and comes with a flamer that can fire on the go. 550 MP, 35 fuel.

Meanwhile the M5 Assault group is 5 CP and the Mechanized Assault Groups from OH can´t reinforce :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
unknown 33
Germany 3
Turkey 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %