Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
11 Jul 2014, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2014, 14:18 PMKhan
Everyone bitching about Stuka 'wiping everything' along its path, please post a replay to prove your claim. I've literally seen maxims not suffer a single casualty even while being in the firing line. The only time I've seen the thing rack up more than 10 kills in a barrage is when my opponent is blobbing 3+ squads. I reiterate; most of the people whining on this thread are complaining because the Stuka instawipes their blobs, which is a fair punishment for blobbing in the first place.

For reference, check out the replay I've posted in this thread of a 2v2 against the OP.

holy shit, i have its right here in the thread. i posted one.
11 Jul 2014, 15:15 PM

Thank you Milka...thank you I shall finally see it. Its like spotting rare animals in the Wild...you know they MUST be there yet all the claims and no one has a picture.

I was beginning to think it was like Bigfoot...

Edit: ANNNNNNND Patch..so I cant watch it :*(
11 Jul 2014, 15:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Stuka zu Fuß is overpowered like hell. You can't do shit against it as sovjet.
11 Jul 2014, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2014, 13:37 PMKatitof
That would be any random game by Cataclaw when he decides to go for stucka for example.

Cataclaw has also won games using only Engineers and M3's, or Conscripts and T-34/85's, but you're not so quick to call OP on those.
11 Jul 2014, 18:16 PM

Permanently Banned
11 Jul 2014, 18:17 PM

Cataclaw has also won games using only Engineers and M3's, or Conscripts and T-34/85's, but you're not so quick to call OP on those.

I don't remembering calling stuka op either :loco:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but not every general statement of a fact is a direct attack on german superiority.
16 Jul 2014, 12:10 PM

Yes please someone show us on the replay where the walking stuka touched you...please not super spam mode replays...

http://www.coh2.org/replay/20517/stuka-rape

11 mins - instant retreat, still lost something

13mins, double squad loss. because creeping barrage demolishes houses.

16mins, another squad loss. is that considered a blob?

18mins, escaped relatively unharmed, probably luck

21mins, instant mortar death.

anti blob tool is one thing, instant squad wipe is another. also, throughout the game, blobbing was mostly on the german side. we did our best to spread out but only to be met with 'anti blob' tools and still get wiped.

also 10mins stuka? relative early game power of sturm pioneers prevented us from holding onto fuel.

please defend stuka harder.
16 Jul 2014, 12:33 PM

So Don't blob!

It's an anti-blob weapon which is the heart of CoH.

If you wan to blob without being punished - go to Starcraft. If you want to play a game without mindless blobbing, play this one. If you don't blob, the Stuka won't hurt so much.

+1
16 Jul 2014, 12:55 PM

hell, what is this?

time to get my fanboyism up and running and stuka-zu-fuß you guys back to the stone age.

no seriously. i wish they didnt patch the game yesterday. i had a nice replay of whats-his-face avoiding almost all of my stuka barrages by simply moving his blob left and right. its quite easy to anticipate where the rockets will land since the okw player will most likely draw a line through your units, if possible covering your retreat path. thats also a thing. dont retreat when you hear it. ppl will figure that out after the first barrage and punish your retreating blob with some nasty barrages.

wait there was a replay request? happy to oblige
if i remember correctly theres some retreat path bombing in there too. and yeah someone asked for 30+ kills
16 Jul 2014, 12:58 PM
16 Jul 2014, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 12:58 PMwongtp

please defend stuka harder.

okay

-its expensive as shit, no pumas or heavy stuff after getting one

-it dies quickly

-it has 1.5 mins of cd

-with no flamers, isg getting shotblocked, its the only reliable anti housing measure

-you actually need to aim this thing

+it kills stuff

16 Jul 2014, 13:12 PM

-it dies quickly

Actually, its most durable mobile arty piece in game considering its mobility.

Its a tank compared to pwerfer and katiusha.

Its still fine thou.
16 Jul 2014, 13:48 PM

watch the bloody replays, then form an opinion.
16 Jul 2014, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 13:12 PMKatitof

Actually, its most durable mobile arty piece in game considering its mobility.

Its a tank compared to pwerfer and katiusha.

Its still fine thou.

yeah, youre right there. i meant on a general scale of how fast things die in the game :D

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 13:48 PMwongtp
watch the bloody replays, then form an opinion.

as a huge fan of the stuka, i dont need to watch replays :O im using it as often as it seems viable and i seen ppl getting destroyed by it and ppl easily avoiding almost all barrages. i consider myself quite able to properly use it, yet there are ppl who simply know how to not get nuked to oblivion.
maybe its because you play 2v2 only and theres more to worry about on the battlfield at the same time, which kind of prevents you from focusing on dodging stukas. also its harder to flank that little monster with 2 players defending it. but nerfing it would totally nullify its viability in 1v1s, since getting one there is a huuuuge risk (no allies to get vehicles and 100 fuel invested in a 1.5 cd wpn)
16 Jul 2014, 14:10 PM

Again same question,why OKW has 2/3rd income if its not balanced by powerful units?Also plz suggest alternative OKW lategame heavy artillery.
16 Jul 2014, 14:19 PM

We don't need al alternative. All we need if for it not to be lazer accurate super walking barrage with every shot.

Trying to fight a tank? Nope, stuka is on your AT gun before it can do anything.

• Avoiding it with basic infantry is hit and miss (guessing where your opponent will move when the woosh starts isn't hard).
  • Aiming it at linear retreat paths is a cake walk because never-missing super shells (looking at you, Trois point).
  • Shell impact time is not enough for an AT gun to avoid it- aim it along the path of a barrel. Unpacking you can do, forwards or back you can do. Pivoting and then moving sideways you cannot.

All it needs is for basic fire to be an AoE scattering of a few shells and it's fixed. The firepower is not the problem. The massive length of never missing line you can draw is the problem.
16 Jul 2014, 14:23 PM

We don't need al alternative. All we need if for it not to be lazer accurate super walking barrage with every shot.

Trying to fight a tank? Nope, stuka is on your AT gun before it can do anything.

• Avoiding it with basic infantry is hit and miss (guessing where your opponent will move when the woosh starts isn't hard).
  • Aiming it at linear retreat paths is a cake walk because never-missing super shells (looking at you, Trois point).
  • Shell impact time is not enough for an AT gun to avoid it- aim it along the path of a barrel. Unpacking you can do, forwards or back you can do. Pivoting and then moving sideways you cannot.

All it needs is for basic fire to be an AoE scattering of a few shells and it's fixed. The firepower is not the problem. The massive length of never missing line you can draw is the problem.

Then its cost needs decrease as well.If units are going to be less effective OKW's reduced income will have to be taken into account.
16 Jul 2014, 14:39 PM

Just that, for someone who went Stuka, he won't really have fuel for a tank. The only real "tank" that the OKW has is the Panther. Take into account the fuel needed for this; 40 Fuel for T2, 100 fuel for Stuka, 80 fuel for T3 and finally 175 fuel for Panther: 395 fuel. With OKW's 2/3 income, this is only possible by the 40th + minute mark, and by then if you're relying on a SINGLE AT Gun as your sole AT, then you should probably learn 2 play better.
16 Jul 2014, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 14:39 PMKhan
Just that, for someone who went Stuka, he won't really have fuel for a tank. The only real "tank" that the OKW has is the Panther. Take into account the fuel needed for this; 40 Fuel for T2, 100 fuel for Stuka, 80 fuel for T3 and finally 175 fuel for Panther: 395 fuel. With OKW's 2/3 income, this is only possible by the 40th + minute mark, and by then if you're relying on a SINGLE AT Gun as your sole AT, then you should probably learn 2 play better.

Or, heaven forbid, you're playing a 2v2 with an Ost player who not only has his own tanks, but is dumping fuel into your OKW opponent.

Or an OKW player who need not build T4 and instead calls in an Ostwind or PzIV's.

Or any of numerous other scenarios where regular wiping of your AT gun(s) is a real problem.
16 Jul 2014, 16:08 PM

anyone find it annoying the entire barrage area must be in range in order to fire?? Why doesn't the damn thing move into range and fire?
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
Russian Federation 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak