Login

russian armor

The problems with OKW.

4 Jul 2014, 12:10 PM

I love the OKW. You don't have a solid all-round tank and vehicles are hard to come by. Units are specialized and you often have to improvise to deal with enemy threats if you don't have the right units on the field. It reminds me of playing Soviets without guards/shocks/call-in tanks back when the T34/76 was just battering ram on tracks.

If you are the type of player that just likes to follow a build order that will work in any situation, than the OKW is not for you.
4 Jul 2014, 12:21 PM

whats balanced in 1v1 can be rediculously op in a 4v4

walking stucka for ex just lvl's an entire defensive position
on most maps flanking is next to impossible so no advantage of allied midgame tanks
etc etc

thats why you get conflicting messages, not everyone plays the same game
4 Jul 2014, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 08:41 AMCruzz

Jagdpanzer vs Panther: Jagdpanzer has more range and fires faster, more accurately, for less resources. Panther is still a bad choice for any situation in 1vs1, only useful in large team games where durability and ease of use outweight bad cost performance.

Panzer 2 is very similar, it's slightly more durable and a lot more mobile and a hell of a lot less cost effective. It has bad damage against all units and no suppression, and less range. In 1vs1 you should never even consider Pz2, just go for the flak HT instead.

Placing puma in T1 with ISG would mean OKW gets every single unit they actually need from T0+T1.

Puma needs a fuel decrease and nerf. I'm talking about what actually makes sense as far as tier structure goes, not in terms of current balance which is subject to change. Also Panther is a great unit if made for the right reasons.
4 Jul 2014, 17:29 PM

The scavenger doctrine covers a lot of OKW's weaknesses. When more people have it, I think it'll become a standard part of rosters.
4 Jul 2014, 17:37 PM

The scavenger doctrine covers a lot of OKW's weaknesses. When more people have it, I think it'll become a standard part of rosters.

Don't be so sure about that, panzerfusilier doctrine is also extremely potent one.
4 Jul 2014, 17:49 PM

I think people will replace spec ops with Scavenger (just much better doctrine overall) while Breakthrough and Luftwaffe will remain.

The other 2 rare will be niche and mostly ignored.
4 Jul 2014, 17:58 PM

I think people will replace spec ops with Scavenger (just much better doctrine overall) while Breakthrough and Luftwaffe will remain.

The other 2 rare will be niche and mostly ignored.

Actually I can see fortification doctrine working with double OKW setup.

The last one, I don't even remember.
4 Jul 2014, 18:13 PM

I love the OKW. You don't have a solid all-round tank and vehicles are hard to come by. Units are specialized and you often have to improvise to deal with enemy threats if you don't have the right units on the field. It reminds me of playing Soviets without guards/shocks/call-in tanks back when the T34/76 was just battering ram on tracks.

If you are the type of player that just likes to follow a build order that will work in any situation, than the OKW is not for you.

You love OKW? Well you sure as hell don't play them much.

1v1
Oberkommando West - 3 games
Soviets - 476
:snfCHVGame::snfCHVGame::snfCHVGame:

How can you even comment. Your whole clan is so ally-biased, I don't even know how to begin talking to you.

You love OKW because t's easy to crush with your cookie-cutter soviet strategies.

"If you are the type of player that just likes to follow a build order that will work in any situation, than the OKW is not for you"

Your words and your reason for playing SOVIETSPAM all day every day.
4 Jul 2014, 18:17 PM

How can you even comment. Your whole clan is so ally-biased, I don't even know how to begin talking to you.

you must have missed their initial recruitment thread

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 20:59 PMNapalm

The Bear minimum :
  • 18+
  • Has played greater than 100 hours
  • Has a working microphone
  • Has Skype
  • Plays primarily the Soviet faction
  • Is not a member of the beta balancing team
  • Has bear jokes to share

4 Jul 2014, 18:34 PM

Maybe, but if one wants to go that route- why not just play Ostheer? They are better for that.

The other doctrine is one note: panzer IV J call-ins with a lot of munitions perks.

Actually I can see fortification doctrine working with double OKW setup.

The last one, I don't even remember.
4 Jul 2014, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 18:17 PMwooof

you must have missed their initial recruitment thread

How does their declaration of playing only side mean that they can make comments on balance? Saying "We are totally biased" does not absolve you of being biased.

He said he loved OKW. That's pure BS.
4 Jul 2014, 19:27 PM

How does their declaration of playing only side mean that they can make comments on balance?

It means we are expect Allied players and paying customers. If you don't like our threads or comments don't read them.
4 Jul 2014, 19:31 PM

How does their declaration of playing only side mean that they can make comments on balance? Saying "We are totally biased" does not absolve you of being biased.

He said he loved OKW. That's pure BS.

Many people in are clan plays Germans myself included, as a matter in fact I've been playing nothing but okw lately. No need to be a dick, I play both factions pretty evenly. http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198031720387

Back to op I find okw a very difficult to play between rifle blobs the out perform volks at all ranges and .30cals/bars/smoke grenades the renders mg34/42's useless. also the meta is partly to blame, its basically rush for a halftrack/scout car asap. The m15 and any vehical comes out way to early( normally around the 5min mark) It barley leaves room for any infantry play as you have to rush for a puma or as many shreks as you can, also .30cal rifle men with defensive stance is borderline op, its like htd ppsh cons all over again, you can't run over them, obersoldaten cant kill them, the only way to dislodge them is the infantry gun or just ignore that part of the map. Its really bad because most of my games is just rifle men spam with double.30cals, even obersoldaten cant fight that.Also playing on certain maps like semoisky is suicide because OKW has no building counters at all, grenades don't work and there are no flame throwers, and going with the stuka on foot first in a 1v1 is so risky in 1v1.
4 Jul 2014, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 19:27 PMNapalm

It means we are expect Allied players and paying customers. If you don't like our threads or comments don't read them.

Don't bother Napalm. He is a piece of shit that ought to be ignored. Probably the same guy as vetlolcake but with a different account.
4 Jul 2014, 19:51 PM

Its always funny how guys here dont read things but always go for the 'playercard says Sovjet? Ok you cant talk about balance'

Sjeezes
4 Jul 2014, 20:39 PM

I really hope Relic would switch the Kubelwagen with the MG34. The KubelWagen is excellent for like the first few minutes of the game, against only Americans and Soviet Conscript spam, and that's if you micro it intensively, anywhere else it fails miserably.

It would be better if Kubelwagen becomes more durable but since it's a mobile vehicle unit that comes very early, that would be OP so it should come later as a doctrine unit at a cost of some cps.

The MG34 would serve and the standard suppression unit that the OKW needs to counter the massive blobs they are easily defeated by. Currently it's alright to blob your infantry against OKW because the OKW doesn't have any means to counter a blob, hence the need for a easily accessible MG or any anti infantry.

I don't have much faith on the flak halftrack now that it dies much easier, and because of it's set up time, it's not going to survive if any AT gun or T34 points at it, because it's most likely not going to get away.

4 Jul 2014, 20:50 PM

Its always funny how guys here dont read things but always go for the 'playercard says Sovjet? Ok you cant talk about balance'

Sjeezes

It's reaaheeally funny how you think that the playercard isn't a clear indicator of bias when the stats are:
Soviets - 450
OKW - 3

I read what he said. He said:

"Even though I use the ISU, which has been one of the biggest game-wreckers of all time, I accuse the Jagd of now spoiling my chumpish glee because I can no longer use my ISU to destroy EVERYTHING"

I read what he said and I read his playercard. I found him and your whole allies-biased clan totally lacking.

A bit of bias I would accept. But 450-3 nonononno, gtfo and stfu.
5 Jul 2014, 04:02 AM

Bugalov just trolls like that. Every post I have seen if his is the same. He tried that shit on me even though I had about as many Ost games as him. Further it was when I said the Ost mortar seemed to get a Ninja buff....opppps and look at that woooof confirmed that it did.

TLDR bugalov likes to use straw man arguments when anyone criticizes his German Heroes
5 Jul 2014, 04:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Basically I only link my playercard because I can learn a lot by which way I'm insulted and told it doesn't matter.

That appears to be the only function player cards serve

5 Jul 2014, 04:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It's funny that his signature is 'let's keep it constructive'.

I like using the OKW as well, but I've got 2 games on the live version with them. The reason? I played my fair share in the alpha, and now since everyone is using them I use ostheer/soviets/occasionally USF.

That being said, OKW does have problems with the Soviets- light vehicles are much tougher to use with earlier Zis, reliable AT nades, and mines. I find they don't fare well against the heavier tanks either- the KV1, KV8, and IS2.

And Scavenge is a very good doctrine, I feel, because of the assault nades- which act as the building clearer OKW desperately needs-, the Ostwind, a mobile anti-infantry/anti-vehicle tank that base OKW can only get in the form of the P2 which isn't very effective, and cheap surprise flankers with really good DPS in the form of Jaeger Light Infantry. Throw in the super-scavenge, which is always handy, and a good artillery strike, and it's gold. It covers all the bases except anti-tank, and OKW is already very good at that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★