Login

russian armor

Worth returning to?

3 Jul 2014, 15:26 PM

I haven't played since sometime last year. With the expansion out, I'd considered coming back and giving the game another shot. Can someone briefly explain the meta changes to the game since then? Here was the state of things right as I quit:

-Weapon teams were nerfed to take much more damage from standard fire to counter the stupid MG42 spam

-A new round of cheesy P2W commanders had just been released... I specifically remember the Soviet industry commander that was allowing for 6 minute T34s or something like that.

-Clown car snipers were cheesing it up in most Soviet builds.

-Everyone complained about the LOS and range of the SU-85.

-Tiger Ace had just come out and was pretty OP.

There were a few other minor things... I think they were working on penals to make them actually viable and most Soviet builds involved guard squads. Has the meta improved? Is it worth returning?
3 Jul 2014, 15:31 PM

3 Jul 2014, 15:40 PM

Hey Pewpew :)Yeah, it's worth at least a few games. It's pretty fun now.
3 Jul 2014, 15:42 PM

A lot can happen in a year :)

1. Weapon teams do have an accuracy penalty against them. The MG 42 is the weakest MG except for the OKW MG 34, which tries to compensate by being cheaper than other MG's. Maxim Spam on the other hand got a passive buff when they moved the Flame Half-Track to T3 of Germans.

2. Both have been balanced, although other changes have adversely effected them. Elite Troops is a great doctrine, the Tiger Ace is balanced quite well now, it's a Vet 3 Tiger with extra health (it only has extra health because the normal Tiger got a health nerf while the Ace didn't). Soviet Industry is somewhat UP now though, because they increased the manpower cost of all vehicles which means SI penalises you even harder.

3. Snipers cannot enter M3 Scout Cars anymore. The M3 Scout Car did get a health buff though, which German T2 was given a fuel increase. The side-effect is that Scout Car spam is a very difficult to counter tactic. It got nerfed slightly in recent patches, but done right can still be crippling.

4. The SU-85 was given a lot of small changes and is pretty okay now I guess. I think it's a bit on the weaker end compared to the T-34/85, which is the best medium tank in the game and currently a meta favourite.

A couple months ago, Infantry Combat and Vehicle Combat were completely revised as well. So going back might seem like a whole new game to you.
3 Jul 2014, 15:43 PM

All of the things you mentioned are fixed.
3 Jul 2014, 15:55 PM

Awesome, thanks guys. That sounds really promising. I'm sure there are brand new issues now, but things do sound improved.
3 Jul 2014, 16:28 PM

Worth coming back to? Jawohl!
3 Jul 2014, 19:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

At least give it a try
3 Jul 2014, 19:44 PM

Terrific game, and worth coming back to today.
3 Jul 2014, 19:45 PM

About 5 friends of mine refused to play vcoh2. Now they are playing wfa all the time and really loving it.

Alsonew commanders will be added to the loot drop system and likely will not be for sale, you'll have to get them via drops.
3 Jul 2014, 20:39 PM

none of the problems have been fixed, better to stay in your hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szTGXeLk2Jg#t=137
3 Jul 2014, 22:28 PM

Depends. For a few games for sure, after that only you can judge if you enjoy the game further.

Me and my friends quit the game several months ago and short before WFA release we and some more people started to play again. Two of us, including me, enjoy it a lot, the other two are already extremely annoyed by the game's bugs and balance issues, the rest is probably still unsure.
3 Jul 2014, 22:47 PM

I haven't played since sometime last year. With the expansion out, I'd considered coming back and giving the game another shot. Can someone briefly explain the meta changes to the game since then? Here was the state of things right as I quit:

-Weapon teams were nerfed to take much more damage from standard fire to counter the stupid MG42 spam

-A new round of cheesy P2W commanders had just been released... I specifically remember the Soviet industry commander that was allowing for 6 minute T34s or something like that.

-Clown car snipers were cheesing it up in most Soviet builds.

-Everyone complained about the LOS and range of the SU-85.

-Tiger Ace had just come out and was pretty OP.

There were a few other minor things... I think they were working on penals to make them actually viable and most Soviet builds involved guard squads. Has the meta improved? Is it worth returning?

I can safely say all of this is in the past now. The game is generally more balanced now you do get the occasional unit that seems OP but I think RNG plays a role there.

To me it is constantly getting better.
4 Jul 2014, 03:04 AM
Patrion 15

I would say so, I was the closest I've ever been to quitting this game was when MG42 spam was wrecking everything. Since then the game has improved incrementally with every patch, and the WFA release was surprising smooth and well balanced. The future is bright, now is a better time than ever to come back!
4 Jul 2014, 03:22 AM

This is a great game. There are some issues here and there, and there is definitely room for improvement, but there's endless fun to be had with CoH2. I stopped playing awhile back, too, but recently got back into it. The more the merrier.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★