Login

russian armor

Does USA/OKW halftrack arrive too fast ?

28 Jun 2014, 20:09 PM

Beats puma? hahahaha worth 85 fuel? :rofl:

try it it does beat puma's and its far more powerful then the german equivalent
28 Jun 2014, 21:02 PM

Confirmed it beats pumas. I was like WTF?? LOL

Us HT needs toning down. I like the upgrade idea. Have it start with its base MG then upgrade to the secondary Flak Gun of DEATH!

28 Jun 2014, 23:04 PM

Yeah I'd say like a few minutes too fast. Very silly timing with these units.
28 Jun 2014, 23:06 PM

well, if USA flak HT get full serious on Puma it can deal huge damage but will never kill it when it was at 100% HP, second burst might kill Puma, and Puma kills HT in seconds, it needs like 3-4 shots only, and it has longer range, so Puma is a proper counter to it
28 Jun 2014, 23:26 PM

well, if USA flak HT get full serious on Puma it can deal huge damage but will never kill it when it was at 100% HP, second burst might kill Puma, and Puma kills HT in seconds, it needs like 3-4 shots only, and it has longer range, so Puma is a proper counter to it

If you utilize its range. but if the ht can fire on the puma the ht will win even the lynx has trouble with this unit.
28 Jun 2014, 23:28 PM

I don't think so. Everyone can have some form of AT out on the field. And both HT's have some pretty serious disadvantages. The American one can only shoot from the rear/sides, which makes it super vulnerable to getting hit in the ass and taking extra damage. The OKW one has to set up to fire, and can usually be scouted due to the nature of OKW building placement. (The repair feature encourages people to place it somewhere outside their default HQ)
29 Jun 2014, 00:22 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I don't think so. Everyone can have some form of AT out on the field. And both HT's have some pretty serious disadvantages. The American one can only shoot from the rear/sides, which makes it super vulnerable to getting hit in the ass and taking extra damage. The OKW one has to set up to fire, and can usually be scouted due to the nature of OKW building placement. (The repair feature encourages people to place it somewhere outside their default HQ)

You don't take extra damage from rear shots. It is that the armour is lower on the rear. With tanks this is important for deflection but with this halftrack it honestly doesnt matter much. Any meaningful AT will always penetrate a halftrack. It is true that small arms has a higher chance to penetrate but if you see how fast it suppresses units you dont take much small arms damage anyway.
29 Jun 2014, 01:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

AGAIN, you can get a USA HT before OH can have access to a PAK.

Knowing that the PUMA MAY lose against US HT makes me feel less bad about losing double 222 against it.
29 Jun 2014, 01:12 AM

US T2 doesn't have infantry gun or AT gun, the US halftrack was the only purpose of teching a Tier2 IMO, if nerf the US HT, then move the 57mm AT to T2.
29 Jun 2014, 01:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2014, 01:12 AMUGBEAR
US T2 doesn't have infantry gun or AT gun, the US halftrack was the only purpose of teching a Tier2 IMO, if nerf the US HT, then move the 57mm AT to T2.

They have bazooka's
29 Jun 2014, 01:29 AM

You don't take extra damage from rear shots. It is that the armour is lower on the rear. With tanks this is important for deflection but with this halftrack it honestly doesnt matter much. Any meaningful AT will always penetrate a halftrack. It is true that small arms has a higher chance to penetrate but if you see how fast it suppresses units you dont take much small arms damage anyway.

Really? I had thought it had a bonus damage multiplier. What about criticals?

29 Jun 2014, 01:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2014, 01:22 AMJaigen

They have bazooka's

With crap Penetration. And the AT gun UGH. I have never seen dedicated TDs just sit in an ATGs arc in this game and try to kill it. Had two Jagdpanzer IVs do this to me last game.

But back on topic. I lost a Luchs to the US Halftrack and Rifle AT nades...Whats the Pen/range on that thing?
29 Jun 2014, 03:02 AM
Patrion 27

But back on topic. I lost a Luchs to the US Halftrack and Rifle AT nades...Whats the Pen/range on that thing?

If the Ostheer 222 can kill a T70 then this seems reasonable.
29 Jun 2014, 03:06 AM

If the Ostheer 222 can kill a T70 then this seems reasonable.

Yeah in which case I why is the Luchs in more or less the OKW version of the T4 building? Since its so easily countered...will never ever make Vet 5 in any reasonable game and doesnt perform as well as a T70 why doesnt it come sooner?

I guess its a topic of another thread but I didnt appreciate it getting clowned so hard by a light vehicle. A 222 doesnt kill a T70 as fast as that combo killed the Luchs.
29 Jun 2014, 03:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2014, 01:22 AMJaigen

They have bazooka's

The Bazooka's a piece of shit. Without any reliable snares it's total trash and not worth 60MU. Less damage and less penetration than Schreks.

It's an autocannon so it'll be doing decent enough damage to armour relative to how early it comes out, but it will never stand up to any actual tank in a real fight - even the Luchs. What surprised me is that you got hit by a AT Rifle Nade.
29 Jun 2014, 04:04 AM

Yeah in which case I why is the Luchs in more or less the OKW version of the T4 building? Since its so easily countered...will never ever make Vet 5 in any reasonable game and doesnt perform as well as a T70 why doesnt it come sooner?

I guess its a topic of another thread but I didnt appreciate it getting clowned so hard by a light vehicle. A 222 doesnt kill a T70 as fast as that combo killed the Luchs.

In the alpha it didn't come from the T4 building, but the T2 building used to be the Flak gun truck, and the T4 building had resource conversion. T4 used to be Obsersoldaten, Tiger B, Sturmtiger.

Now they shuffled everything around.
29 Jun 2014, 04:58 AM

Perhaps a small cost decrease (80-60 fuel) for the Luchs may help it out.
29 Jun 2014, 05:04 AM

The penetration of the 37mm autocannon on the USF AA HT is (at least from my experience) way higher than it needs to be. It easily penetrates the Luchs and can even heavily damage pumas.

Anyone arguing that the USF AA HT is balanced is a bit silly, it's extraordinarily hard to beat, especially considering how early it comes out.

Just look at the USF 1v1 ladder. Three people in top 10 have 0 losses (including OMGPOP at 25-0). IpKai does not use the AA HT but the M20 is seriously good as well. I dunno what Ivan does - maybe he can chime in? But either way it is pretty obvious that USF is overperforming in 1v1. As for my own placements games I went 9-1 with my only loss to Ostheer. All my games vs OKW were complete stomps, even against top 10 OKW players.
29 Jun 2014, 09:59 AM

With crap Penetration. And the AT gun UGH. I have never seen dedicated TDs just sit in an ATGs arc in this game and try to kill it. Had two Jagdpanzer IVs do this to me last game.

Very true but the guy was complaining about lack of anti vehicle options.
29 Jun 2014, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 23:26 PMJaigen

If you utilize its range. but if the ht can fire on the puma the ht will win even the lynx has trouble with this unit.

And why would you not utilize its range?

It got better range and better sight.

There is absolutely no reason why it would be in range and when AA HT moves, it can't shoot its flak.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★