Login

russian armor

Does USA/OKW halftrack arrive too fast ?

27 Jun 2014, 22:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

5 minute HT is it too fast or not ?
27 Jun 2014, 22:39 PM

Hart to tell, all factions can have AT by that time.
27 Jun 2014, 22:41 PM

My record is 04:31 for the OKW's flak 251.

Vs Ostheer you are fucked vs a US flak truck on open maps.
27 Jun 2014, 22:44 PM

You can get a zis/pack out that fast.
I think it's ok.
27 Jun 2014, 22:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

For the firepower it gives I think they definitely come too soon.
27 Jun 2014, 22:49 PM

I think it's ok.

On open maps you can't get the bastard if the enemy has micro and it forces you to stay next to your Pak, so you'll lose lot of map control.

On close maps with many shot blockers it's easier to kill it.
27 Jun 2014, 22:51 PM

IMO, i dont see the justification of nerfing the 251/17 Flak Track, when the American one is 2x as strong. IMO reduce max range on them both to Pshrek range, its way to easy to kite Shreks/Zookas as it is right now, and sometimes it feels like the game is decided upon whoever wins the HT Flak war.

By reducing the range to about the same as Pshreks/Zookas, you actually need to support them.
The 251/17 gets killed by 2 AT-Grenades. Its pretty squishy.
27 Jun 2014, 23:00 PM

IMO, i dont see the justification of nerfing the 251/17 Flak Track, when the American one is 2x as strong. IMO reduce max range on them both to Pshrek range, its way to easy to kite Shreks/Zookas as it is right now, and sometimes it feels like the game is decided upon whoever wins the HT Flak war.

By reducing the range to about the same as Pshreks/Zookas, you actually need to support them.
The 251/17 gets killed by 2 AT-Grenades. Its pretty squishy.

Where in the thread do you see a suggestion to Nerf the flak track
27 Jun 2014, 23:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think it's ok.

OKW HT can be countered by the time it arrives by Zisgun or M3+Guards. It´s easier cause it has to deploy to shoot.

USA HT can kit around units supressing them, outrange Faust/Shrecks and as OH you won´t have a pak till minute 5:30 (averagely, thats the time i was getting 222 with a 4 T1 units).
And again, it´s just easy to move around the map avoiding the Pak.
222 also won´t counter it (gets owned just like when facing an upgraded M5)
27 Jun 2014, 23:41 PM

I think the USF one certainly needs to be toned down. Probably the OKW one as well. I haven't had much trouble dealing with the OKW Flak HT but the USF AA HT is a huge nightmare - and when I'm using it, it feels so brokenly overpowered. Not even a Puma can reliably beat it. It has enough health that it isn't really scared of AT guns and just bleeds OKW so hard.

Combined with volley fire (topic for another thread I guess) I don't see how USF loses to OKW at the moment in 1v1.
27 Jun 2014, 23:46 PM

it is too early in my opinion
28 Jun 2014, 00:01 AM

The US halftrack is America's counter to the OKW Flaktruck. If you nerf that it's going to skew the match up quite considerably.

US and OKW are generally pretty balanced when fighting eachother(Ignoring some obvious shit), but when we're talking vs. Soviet and Wehr, we need to wait a while to see how they adapt to entirely different armies.
28 Jun 2014, 00:02 AM

Yeh I agree the USF HT needs to be nerfed a bit.

Well micro'd it will have you pulling your hair out
28 Jun 2014, 00:15 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

When they come out there plenty of ways to counter it, but I would prefer the infantry stage of the game to last longer before vehicles come out.
28 Jun 2014, 00:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 23:00 PMNefer

Where in the thread do you see a suggestion to Nerf the flak track

It got nerfed in yesterdays patch.
28 Jun 2014, 00:30 AM

Both Half trucks have there disadvantages. okw ht has a set up time and let armour. usf can only shoot from the rear of the truck because it does not have a 360 degree fire arc, also mean the rear arour is exposed when firing and i can be flanked from the front of the truck.

They both are very strong unit and hard to deal with when rushed. I think a bit more time will tell
28 Jun 2014, 03:25 AM

Both Half trucks have there disadvantages. okw ht has a set up time and let armour. usf can only shoot from the rear of the truck because it does not have a 360 degree fire arc, also mean the rear arour is exposed when firing and i can be flanked from the front of the truck.

They both are very strong unit and hard to deal with when rushed. I think a bit more time will tell

It has something like a 270 degree firing arc. It can shoot things slightly to the front of it, jut can't face entirely forward.
28 Jun 2014, 04:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The US Halftrack kills Wehrmacht vs USF matchup- if you get flanked once and pushed off the map, you won't have the 45 fuel to tech and the game ends when the halftrack arrives at 5-6 minutes.

If you don't get flanked you'll get the pak out the same time as the halftrack, which means the halftrack will make all your frontline units retreat before the pak can set up in an ideal position. Then when you push out from the base the halftrack will be everywhere your pak isn't, meaning you need either A) 2 or 3 paks, which BAR'd/M1919A1'd rifles will make a costly and useless investment even if the halftrack dies or B), a StuG E many CPs later.

Also Volley fire, which is still incredibly stupid.
28 Jun 2014, 04:31 AM

Yeah the Half-Tracks come out waaay too soon. The Flame Half-Track was delayed to T3 because it was dangerous to some Soviet infantry. The American Half-Track worse than the 5 minute T-70, because they can get it out at that time without sacrificing anything, it's just how their tech goes.
28 Jun 2014, 05:10 AM

Problem is that if you nerf the US halftrack you must nerf the OKW halftrack as well. Without the US halftrack the US have no counter for a good 1-2 mins.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★