Login

russian armor

The Kübelwagen

25 Jun 2014, 19:09 PM

I have a problem with the Oberkomando West unit Kübelwagen. How can I counter this piece of op ? I mean the health isn´t the problem the problem is what should I do when this Kübelwagen rushes in and pinns all my shooters ?? Yes they demage it but a pio unit can repair the kübelwagen as fast as I demage him and after 8 sec. in the mg fire 3 shooter units are completly pinned and so I can retreat. I am waiting for tipps.
25 Jun 2014, 19:10 PM

Permanently Banned
25 Jun 2014, 19:15 PM

dont blob. if you have all your squads moving together they will all get suppressed together. spread out and that wont happen. better yet, have a squad ready to flank it when it stops moving (it cant suppress you while its moving).
25 Jun 2014, 19:16 PM
Senior Editor Badge

25 Jun 2014, 19:20 PM

Defensively: Spread out, stick to green cover or get in buildings.

Offensively: Spread out with 2 or more units, rush in, get in (rifle-) AT nade range or shoot at it for a couple of seconds.
25 Jun 2014, 19:29 PM

Give all rifles 30 cal with infantry commander- the solution to kubels, sturmpios, FJ's, and MG-34.
25 Jun 2014, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 19:16 PMnigo
as US - BAR and focus fire.

Because i get the bar soooo early ... what a tipp xDDD
25 Jun 2014, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 19:15 PMwooof
dont blob. if you have all your squads moving together they will all get suppressed together. spread out and that wont happen. better yet, have a squad ready to flank it when it stops moving (it cant suppress you while its moving).

Thx but mostly i cant flank it because there is a pio squad wich snacks me in 3 sec.
25 Jun 2014, 19:46 PM

The Kubelwagen is a very fragile unit, gunfire will easily force it off. It needs to sit still for 1 and a half second before the suppression comes in effect, and any movement will disrupt it. The easiest way to take care of it would be to attack from another angle with another squad while it attacks the first. It'll take damage quickly even from Rear Echelon Troops or Combat Engineers, and will probably fall back.

If there are Sturmpioneers repairing it, target them instead. A classic case of "shoot the medic first", units take 200% damage while repairing or building. He'll either need to stop repairing and possible pull back, or you'll inflict expensive losses on him. Sturmpioneers are very expensive to reinforce, so it's not likely he'll sacrifice them to fix a little car. With them gone, the car will be easier to get rid of.
25 Jun 2014, 19:46 PM

Green cover really wrecks the Kübelwagen, it feels like he surpresses units in green cover worse than normal MGs.
25 Jun 2014, 19:49 PM

Lichtbringer brings up a good point, Heavy Cover makes you extremely suppression resistant. The Kubelwagen will take too much damage and pull back before it can suppress you there.

Even if you don't kill the Kubelwagen, it'll either sit idle far away or he'll need Sturmpioneers to repair it. Either way it's one (or two) less units he has on the field, for a little.
25 Jun 2014, 19:52 PM

The VW Beetle Convertible with MG is only an issue when it is supported by a swarm of StrumPio's. I've yet to find a counter to this. If you spread your troops thin so they cannot all be suppressed, you get murdered by the StrumPio's. If you blob and get suppressed while trying to focus fire on the Beetle the Strum's murder you from point blank. Tough gig.
25 Jun 2014, 19:56 PM

Rofl, I was expecting "Buff kubel pls" thread that I could actually support.

Use cover, don't blob, hell you can use rear echelon troops volley to get it down quickly.

Its easiest to counter of all HMGs.
25 Jun 2014, 20:04 PM

On its own it's relatively balanced, heavy cover or buildings beats it. It's when combined with Sturms that it becomes ridiculous, since it stops you from moving around the battlefield and makes rifles very easy prey for the pios.

And it becomes scrap metal as soon as either the captain or the utility car shows up. Sturmpios are the problem here if you ask me, not the kubel.
25 Jun 2014, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 19:52 PMNapalm
The VW Beetle Convertible with MG is only an issue when it is supported by a swarm of StrumPio's. I've yet to find a counter to this. If you spread your troops thin so they cannot all be suppressed, you get murdered by the StrumPio's. If you blob and get suppressed while trying to focus fire on the Beetle the Strum's murder you from point blank. Tough gig.

Reminds me of the M3 dilemma. Spread out and you get picked off, blob up and you lose 3/4 map control.

On the bright side, Sturmpioneers are expensive, so losing men is a manpower drain, and you should have more squads than him. You can also use Machine Guns, the M2 and Maxim are the best Machine Guns in the game.
25 Jun 2014, 21:33 PM
Patrion 14

The Kübelwagen has horrible rotation speed - I've had the thing die to a rear echelon squad because I couldn't get out in time. Keep squads spread and have one ready to provide flanking support if you see it as it can't take fire for long. Once you get on top of it, you can micro around its arc to force it back.

And Soveit M3 hard counters it if you want to go that rout.
25 Jun 2014, 21:49 PM

It has horrible pathfinding, low health and short range. Don't blob, flank and it will go down quickly.
25 Jun 2014, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 19:16 PMnigo
as US - BAR and focus fire.

Irrelevant. It's a first / second unit.
Bar is counter after a while, not in the start.

Anyway;

Focus fire, blind it with smoke, red cover.
It needs +- 5sec to get the supress right, so don't run into it.
Plus don't let it stand there for 5 secs if you have only 1 squad there.
25 Jun 2014, 21:57 PM

The Kubelwagon is a gambit for the OKW player. It's super fragile and it will never live to see the tenth minute of the game realistically. It's just too fragile.

Recognize that is he making himself weaker in the long run when he uses this unit.

To deal with it early on you need to spread out and use buildings. Kubelwagon is powerless against buildings. Sturmpioneers too will suffer greatly against troops in buildings.

Alas! Buildings will not always be there. I suggest using a "buddy system" and pair off all your units. If the Kubelwagon finds a pair then send them in two directions and charge it. If you find a Sturmpioneer then you should be able to kill it 2v1. If you can't flank it fast enough then find Green cover and fight back. Kubelwagon can't reliably suppress units in green cover and your Riflemen can easily kill it from the front. You should always be trying to flank it though.

Exploit the Rear Echelon troop's Volley Fire power to keep Sturmpioneers down. This ability suppresses and pins stupid fast. It's exceptionally powerful right now and trivializes singular dangerous units like Sturmpioneers.
25 Jun 2014, 22:00 PM

Any 2 squads can flank. More importantly, Rifle Smoke grenades stop it from firing and force it to move (same with the Flak Halftrack and any MG42). Soviets do not need to worry as with oorah, Maxims and Scout cars every tier has a good counter.

The Kubelwagon is the weakest vehicle in the game but if used well can dominate in the first 5 minutes of the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★