Login

russian armor

Official Obersoldaten OP Thread

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
1 Jul 2014, 14:48 PM

Well I have now played many games with and against Obersoldaten and I think they are fine the way they are now.

It's a 4-man, expensive, late game anti infantry unit with zero AT-capabilities.
By the time they become available there's enough stuff on the field that can take care of them.

This is exactly right.

OS come out after 120 fuel investment AND the time it takes to wait for the second truck and to upgrade it.

Even if OKW go straight for Obersoldaten, by the time they come out, the fuel and time investment guarantee that you'll have the opportunity to take a large portion of the map and have vehicles to counter the Obersoldaten -- which by the way have ZERO anti-tank ability, cost a fortune to buy and reinforce, and take forever to reinforce.

Just reading this thread, it looks like a lot of Soviet players are just mad their shock troops can't run around and destroy all infantry anymore. One even suggested only shock troops should have armor... what a joke.
1 Jul 2014, 14:56 PM

Its wrong to believe infantry unit is balanced if you need a TANK to counter it cost effectively.

Shocks are restricted by doctrine, have clear exploitable weakness, will loose to 1 gren+pgren or 1 volk+sturmpio, are completely incapable of killing anything that have retreat mark on it unless it have 10 hp left.

How many squads you need to counter obers in green cover? 5? 7?

I dislike that Obers have an upgrade that negates one of the best mechanics of the game, specifically cover, but they do at least arrive long after their counters. The US flaktrack kills them without much trouble, and that arrives like 5 minutes into the game. Also, by the time Obers are running around, the map should be full of tanks anyway.

The number of squads that you need to counter them might not be that relevant, as you're not supposed to counter them with squads, but with vehicles. It's like asking how many PAKs you need to kill a squad of rifleman.

Shocks are a bit different as they arrive before there is an easy counter available and do not require any fuel investment to get.

edit:

If it were up to me, I would change their StG44 upgrade to not negate bonus, or to only negate yellow cover, and I would remove their bonus against retreating units.

edit again:

They also shouldn't be able to fire as well on the move. I'd take away their grenades as well, maybe. They do probably need to be a little more limited. IMO there often isn't enough reason to buy Falls over Obers.
1 Jul 2014, 15:57 PM

Content to come.

And here is the content:

If you manage to make Obersoldaten in 1v1 or 2v2, you deserve to be able to kill a few rifles.

:D
1 Jul 2014, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2014, 14:33 PMJaigen

My fuck is not given. OS would be completely OP in another faction. But this is the OKW and considering the handicaps of the faction this unit is very much needed. you dont need a tank to defeat this unit but it id clear that this unit is their to make sure infantry spam is not effective against the okw late game. the okw is already slightly UP overall and dont need nerfs.

Must agree to this. Obers must be judged into the context, not extracted from their faction and compared with other units. The argument of battlefield arriving moment is also valid. You have immediate hard counter to them when they come, unlike shocks for instance.

Alternatively, nerf obers, nerf sturmpios, nerf fusiliers or whatever but give OKW back their fuel income. You can't ask for nerfs in such conditions unless you want easy games. And this will ruin the game.
1 Jul 2014, 18:33 PM

. IMO there often isn't enough reason to buy Falls over Obers.

True to that, Falls reinforce cost should only be around 60-70mp, FG42 is barely better than BAR.
2 Jul 2014, 00:26 AM

Anyone else get Obers to Vet 5? I have several times now. Self healing, More armor, More accuracy, Sprint when out of combat anddddd drummmrolll please....

SUPRESSION! lol omfg...

Time to go 2v2 with Elite forces and buy some vet for my teammates Obers BABY!

2 Jul 2014, 00:37 AM

Every OKW unit at Vet5 is amazing.
2 Jul 2014, 01:10 AM

Every OKW unit at Vet5 is amazing.

They sure are. But then you add Ubersoldaten Amazing at Vet 0 and at Vet 5 you get The Punisher complete with the Skull on their Chests.

I mean Suppression...on infantry...that is just....bad assssss. So with that at the end of the Rainbow why do they need to melt face like Raiders of the Lost Ark again?
2 Jul 2014, 01:27 AM

I think they shouldn't be able to fire the LMG on the move.
So all problems with them are solved in my view.
2 Jul 2014, 01:48 AM

Anyone else get Obers to Vet 5? I have several times now. Self healing, More armor, More accuracy, Sprint when out of combat anddddd drummmrolll please....

SUPRESSION! lol omfg...

Time to go 2v2 with Elite forces and buy some vet for my teammates Obers BABY!

supression is meh, any unit with .30 cals get it to with out vet
2 Jul 2014, 01:54 AM

On top of the other buffs it's pretty impressive. I had vanilla obers and STs would occasionally kill a model or two. This was unsat in my mind. I didn't pick the infrared STGs then I reached vet 5 and let me tell you on this squad it's anything but meh. They don't have to hit the dirt or even stand still or really do anything at all such as click a button and spend muni.
2 Jul 2014, 03:33 AM

I realized the only counter to riflemen blobs and jackson/m10 spam are obersoldaten...
2 Jul 2014, 05:04 AM

True to that, Falls reinforce cost should only be around 60-70mp, FG42 is barely better than BAR.

I dunno, I actually think the way to go is to nerf Obers *a bit,* so that they still fill roughly the same role, but are weaker so Falls are competitive with them. Falls are pretty decent as is IMO, especially when used to flank.
2 Jul 2014, 05:15 AM

Still quite a few people complaining about the Obersoldaten in this topic I see. I really don't understand how people can complain about the Obersoldaten yet fail to mention that they're not god-like, and are easily countered;I played several games today where I built an Obersoldaten or two, yet my opponent was able to counter them and actually killed a squad. I guess some people won't be satisfied though unless the OKW is nerfed into the ground, until they have no units that can stand up to any unit of the Russian and US Army.
2 Jul 2014, 06:19 AM

Still quite a few people complaining about the Obersoldaten in this topic I see.

My opinion about Obersoldaten is that they're a better fighting force than Fallschirmjägers for a cheaper cost. FJs are fair for their cost (reinforcing could be a bit cheaper IMO); 15.172/ 9.818/6.000 DPS, no armor, no received accuracy bonus. Obers on the other hand 20.846/23.564/23.400 DPS stock, 1.25 armor, 15% received accuracy modifier. That's a unit thats overperforming the most expensive OKW unit in the game if anything.
2 Jul 2014, 06:23 AM

The FJ's are at a price premium due to the fact that they can be spawned instantly from any building and are available early with no teching.
2 Jul 2014, 06:36 AM

Today I fought against OKW and win. After the game end, I decied to stay back and play a little more to see if my man can win against them head to head

USF has:

- 3 Rifleman vet 2 and 3 ( All equip with 6 BAR )
- 1 Rear Echelon ( 2 BAR )
- 1 Major ( 2 Bazooka )
- 1 Paratroopers with LMG upgdate ( 2 M1918 LMG )
- 1 Pathfinder ( 2 BAR )

With all of those firepower, I run straight into the Obersoldaten force:

- 2 Obersoldaten vet 1 and 2, no MP44 update and are in yellow cover.
- 1 sturmpiooner vet 2 stand next to them.

The only thing left alive is the 3 mans from the paratroopers and 1 rifleman. OMG thanks god I did not run into them when the game still fight or I would have lost.

Consider that this unit come in late but with 1.5 armor and the killing MG34, it would be best to have a MG with you if you gonna infantry vs infantry or have a tank to back you up.....
2 Jul 2014, 07:02 AM

i think they are fine really, they come out late, and as US forces you should have a sherman/bulldozer/m8 scott to deal with them. Not to mention that frag grenades deal with them very well.

Soviets got lots of things to. Snipers, shock troops in ambush, hell even ppsh cons have a chance vs them at close range (but ppsh is still a downgrade in my opinion), maxims, altho maxims sometimes get obliterated before they can even set up.
2 Jul 2014, 07:04 AM

The FJ's are at a price premium due to the fact that they can be spawned instantly from any building and are available early with no teching.

That would make sense if partisans and irregulars weren't generally cheaper than conscripts.
2 Jul 2014, 07:16 AM

Well I have now played many games with and against Obersoldaten and I think they are fine the way they are now.

It's a 4-man, expensive, late game anti infantry unit with zero AT-capabilities.
By the time they become available there's enough stuff on the field that can take care of them.

+1
Same here.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment