Login

russian armor

Official Obersoldaten OP Thread

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
30 Jun 2014, 18:53 PM

How many LMG34 and IR STG44 a squad gets ? BTW it seems that the info of the STG44 is opposite to what it´s stats shows up.

Do they have armor + received accuracy modifiers ?

I´m fine with high dps units if they have to be use on cover and not on the "run".

Obers get 2 IRSTG44 that replace the single stock LMG34. Either weapons have the highest infantry DPS in the game and all weapons could be fired on the move. They have 1.25 armor and 15% received accuracy modifier. That makes them more potent than FJs (1 armor and no modifier) for a cheaper cost.
30 Jun 2014, 18:57 PM

O there are people on here that will not rest until OKW is as nerfed as poor OST.

There are also people defending a-move unit that obliterates everything in a matter of seconds on the move and on retreat, believing its balanced just so they can sleep well with their hitler bodypillow <444>_<444>

Just got a game where I literally a-moved soviet player with one infrared over and one mg34 and he could do absolutely nothing against it. Even maxims didn't helped, if he went for snipers I would just lol over them.

Speaking of OST, HelpingHans was raging hard on how overpowered MG42 and Tiger are earlier today.
30 Jun 2014, 19:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Is notable that half of the sov's players use spam a + move trying a easy win...

While the axis need be more careful with cover (US need too)...

Because that boring games, sometimes i used ass grens early spam, and win some matchs is paste, dont doo this anymore lol

1 Jul 2014, 03:58 AM

what, where in the hell do u a move with soviets. do that and u get owned by sturmpios.
1 Jul 2014, 04:06 AM

T4 infantry that cost 400 mp/50mp reinforce.

They're meant to be great at killing infantry.
1 Jul 2014, 04:11 AM

Obers have armor? Makes sense now...

Simply remove that and all its damage modifiers. Then the only thing that can be complained about is the mg34. Which should be the only proper thing justifying its cost.
1 Jul 2014, 04:50 AM

they can keep their armour, but remove that received accuracy or vice versa.

mg34 and irstg needs toning down and it is good to go with a price decrease.

PRICES do NOT justify if the unit should get dps of high heavens. old tiger ace was a fucking prime example.
1 Jul 2014, 05:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2014, 04:50 AMwongtp
they can keep their armour, but remove that received accuracy or vice versa.

mg34 and irstg needs toning down and it is good to go with a price decrease.

PRICES do NOT justify if the unit should get dps of high heavens. old tiger ace was a fucking prime example.

You have to keep in mind that they're coming out in the stage of the game when you'll have veteran infantry with upgraded weaponry.

Just hit them with arty/grenades.
1 Jul 2014, 05:24 AM

veteran infantry and whatnot mean nothing when there's so much dps coming from them and their tankiness.

arty works fine but they can do the same, closing into them would get my guards shredded in seconds.
1 Jul 2014, 05:32 AM

It doesnt make sense for any infantry other than shock troops to have armor - obersoldaten dont have skin thick enough to stop bullets. The damage modifiers are overkill and are not needed. Obersoldaten are simply supposed to be high long range DPS with only their special booby traps and bundled grenades - with only the survivability of any other 4 man squad. What wouldnt be that bad if they cost 360 mp to train and had a 100 mp upgrade to get their lmg. Super expensive infantry are supposed to deter your total infantry count - you have to save up for them, and you will get outnumbered. (Keeping their 50 mp reinforcement cost). So anything as simple as a Utility Vehicle or higher will scare them off - something of the sort or mg's will do at the 10 minutes they come out - if OKW chooses to train them.
1 Jul 2014, 05:36 AM

the last time i saw a guy pulling out more than 2 obersoldatens he got messed up pretty hard when armor came cause the upkeep is amazing. :D
1 Jul 2014, 05:37 AM

You have to keep in mind that they're coming out in the stage of the game when you'll have veteran infantry with upgraded weaponry.

Just hit them with arty/grenades.

If only there was vetted infantry with upgraded weaponry that could actually fight obers in green/yellow cover without outnumbering them 3 to 1.

If shocks were as effective at max range and had cover ignoring upgrade, the whining wouldn't end until they are on osttruppen level.

@WhySooSerious
Can you not talk about bad players when we talk balance stuff?

AT protection in form of puppchen and shreck volks is available at the time you can have obers.
Last night the only thing that stopped me was amassed indirect fire and it didn't really stopped me, but made me to heal up and use another route.
1 Jul 2014, 06:20 AM

No faction should have these Übermenschen. As already mentioned before, their MG34 has double the DPS of the MG42, they can fire it on the move, they have armor and bonuses to retreating squads! How ridiculous is that? You already have that godlike dps, but then you give it Armor and bonuses to retreating squads aswell?

I dont like infantry units that are big warning signs to other infantry and are only reliably killable with vehicles. Oh wait, add some Schrecks and maybe a Puma or Panther to the mix and you are set.

Obers and Falls need to be toned down and brought back to normality. Ofcourse they should be high cost high reward units, but not to that extent. Shocks cost 390mp from what i know, but need to get to knife range and dont even have the ridiculous DPS the Obers have.

Relic fix this plz.
1 Jul 2014, 06:28 AM

It's wrong to believe that one unit is OP simply because you didn't find a solution to counter it efficiently.
Write what you wish, but remember that if you criple okw units you won't really have an oposition and the only serious games will be against wehrmacht (former ostheer). This is the faction design, they need to have the strongest units in the game because their income is crippled. If you are asking for nerfs, then the resources income should be brought back to normal. Don't forget that.
Currently wehrmacht seems a better balanced army and more reliable. With okw is eather heaven, eather hell and you don't know this from beginning. It's an entire high risk/high reward faction and it's verry fragile. Anything you nerf will have a huge impact on meta.

So instead being annoyed by the fact that okw has stronger units, try to use combined arms to counter them. I saw in my latest 2v2 games that it's possible for dual soviets, dual USA or USA+sovies beat any german faction combo, so I would suggest patience.

P.S. Everybody agreed shocks should act like an OP unit, but it seems that obersoldaten OPness is bothering people. Speaking about OP, I see no difference between those two, unless one unit is more efficient at distance, the other from upclose. As long as shocks are like they are, I see no reason for nerfing obers.
1 Jul 2014, 09:47 AM

No faction should have these Übermenschen. As already mentioned before, their MG34 has double the DPS of the MG42, they can fire it on the move, they have armor and bonuses to retreating squads! How ridiculous is that? You already have that godlike dps, but then you give it Armor and bonuses to retreating squads aswell?

I dont like infantry units that are big warning signs to other infantry and are only reliably killable with vehicles. Oh wait, add some Schrecks and maybe a Puma or Panther to the mix and you are set.

Obers and Falls need to be toned down and brought back to normality. Ofcourse they should be high cost high reward units, but not to that extent. Shocks cost 390mp from what i know, but need to get to knife range and dont even have the ridiculous DPS the Obers have.

Relic fix this plz.

So your opponent uses combined arms. Yes in total they are very powerful but not game breaking as SSheini already explained their should be pro's to rather crippling 2/3 resource income of the okw.

and shocktroopers do way more damage close range and can endure more punishment. obersoldaten become only dangerous when they receive vet.
1 Jul 2014, 13:35 PM

It's wrong to believe that one unit is OP simply because you didn't find a solution to counter it efficiently.
Write what you wish, but remember that if you criple okw units you won't really have an oposition and the only serious games will be against wehrmacht (former ostheer). This is the faction design, they need to have the strongest units in the game because their income is crippled. If you are asking for nerfs, then the resources income should be brought back to normal. Don't forget that.
Currently wehrmacht seems a better balanced army and more reliable. With okw is eather heaven, eather hell and you don't know this from beginning. It's an entire high risk/high reward faction and it's verry fragile. Anything you nerf will have a huge impact on meta.

So instead being annoyed by the fact that okw has stronger units, try to use combined arms to counter them. I saw in my latest 2v2 games that it's possible for dual soviets, dual USA or USA+sovies beat any german faction combo, so I would suggest patience.

P.S. Everybody agreed shocks should act like an OP unit, but it seems that obersoldaten OPness is bothering people. Speaking about OP, I see no difference between those two, unless one unit is more efficient at distance, the other from upclose. As long as shocks are like they are, I see no reason for nerfing obers.

Then either:

1.) Your not paying attention

or

2.) You are wearing serious fanboy glasses.

STs DPS is only slightly better up close, do not have a received accuracy penalty on TOP of their armor...STs are doctrinal only...STs do not get a bonus on retreating squads....they dont have an upgrade that ignores cover...

Also lets talk about their Vet....MORE ARMOR on both of the vet levels AND Perma Sprint/Self Healing/Suppression.

Yeah so lets have a perma sprinting armored to the teeth higher DPS multi range self healing suppressing Shock Troop....
1 Jul 2014, 13:47 PM

Its wrong to believe infantry unit is balanced if you need a TANK to counter it cost effectively.

Shocks are restricted by doctrine, have clear exploitable weakness, will loose to 1 gren+pgren or 1 volk+sturmpio, are completely incapable of killing anything that have retreat mark on it unless it have 10 hp left.

How many squads you need to counter obers in green cover? 5? 7?
1 Jul 2014, 14:33 PM

Its wrong to believe infantry unit is balanced if you need a TANK to counter it cost effectively.

Shocks are restricted by doctrine, have clear exploitable weakness, will loose to 1 gren+pgren or 1 volk+sturmpio, are completely incapable of killing anything that have retreat mark on it unless it have 10 hp left.

How many squads you need to counter obers in green cover? 5? 7?

My fuck is not given. OS would be completely OP in another faction. But this is the OKW and considering the handicaps of the faction this unit is very much needed. you dont need a tank to defeat this unit but it id clear that this unit is their to make sure infantry spam is not effective against the okw late game. the okw is already slightly UP overall and dont need nerfs.
1 Jul 2014, 14:42 PM

Well I have now played many games with and against Obersoldaten and I think they are fine the way they are now.

It's a 4-man, expensive, late game anti infantry unit with zero AT-capabilities.
By the time they become available there's enough stuff on the field that can take care of them.

1 Jul 2014, 14:47 PM

it would help alot if people realised that 1v1 is a whole different game than 3v3 or 4v4

there it counts who can field the strongest army at popcap

in 1v1 resource starvation for okw is much more meaningfull
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment