Login

russian armor

Who need mortars when you got grenades like that....

19 Jun 2014, 13:59 PM

It s not one rifle nade that is op, it is the rifle nade killing 3 models and the next gunner getting killed every time they try to grab the gun.

How does this even make any sense?
19 Jun 2014, 14:21 PM

Maxim has a lot of weakness.

1. Mortor
2. Sniper
3. Scout car
4. Flame pio with mortar smoke.
5. Flanking panzer grenadiers with bundle nade.

It s not one rifle nade that is op, it is the rifle nade killing 3 models and the next gunner getting killed every time they try to grab the gun. Also people comparing Molotov to rifle nade is a joke. You can fire a nade from extreme distances and over house, hedges with zero risk. Swap rifle nade for molotov any day.

Exactly !
19 Jun 2014, 14:35 PM

Ok, then is one of these 2:

1. I realy need L2P - in hundreds of german plays I still don't know how to play with germans and how to shoot a rifle grenade, though I used it hundreds of times until now;
2. What you say it's not true, I NEVER shaved 5 models in one shot after last patch, and the average is 2 models not 3.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/18666/puma-%3E%3E%3E-t-34
Feel free to check, Rifle nade can squad wipe or force retreat regurlarly. Just don't shoot at the lone model sitting out of cover or full health squad.
19 Jun 2014, 14:35 PM

Exactly !

Wach out, you quoted a player with ZERO games as german, and a few soviets games played - search for his player card and you'll see. Or you are in the same situation?
19 Jun 2014, 14:37 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/18666/puma-%3E%3E%3E-t-34
Feel free to check, Rifle nade can squad wipe or force retreat regurlarly. Just don't shoot at the lone model sitting out of cover or full health squad.

This is so subjective. If I keep my maxim squad bunched up a squad wipe may occur. The average kill with a rifle grenade shot is 2 models, anyone can tell you that.
19 Jun 2014, 14:40 PM

This is so subjective. If I keep my maxim squad bunched up a squad wipe may occur. The average kill with a rifle grenade shot is 2 models, anyone can tell you that.

This

It is kinda BS though that its better than the molo and its free. Like the faust better than the AT nade and free. But such is the cost of T0 conscript ability I suppose. Spam conscripts the way relic designed the Soviets :P
19 Jun 2014, 14:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Maxim has a lot of weakness.

1. Mortor
2. Sniper
3. Scout car
4. Flame pio with mortar smoke.
5. Flanking panzer grenadiers with bundle nade.

It s not one rifle nade that is op, it is the rifle nade killing 3 models and the next gunner getting killed every time they try to grab the gun. Also people comparing Molotov to rifle nade is a joke. You can fire a nade from extreme distances and over house, hedges with zero risk. Swap rifle nade for molotov any day.

MG42 has a lot of weakness.

1. Mortor
2. Sniper
3. M3 scout car
4. Flame engi with M3 scout car.
5. Flanking Penal squad with satchel charge.

The maxim has 6 models in it compared to a MG42 having only 4, and has a much greater pack/unpack time. If you get in a molotov on an MG42 team they are almost guaranteed to retreat, or at the very least will reposition. The same can't be said about the Maxim that can keep firing after being riflenaded. If you find yourself being flanked by panzer grenadiers and being bundle grenaded, you damn right should be forced off. Any of those weaknesses are made much worse for an MG42 due to the lower models, and just because that a maxim has some weaknesses (which is called balance) doesn't mean that you should nerf the rifle grenade. Comparing the rifle grenade to a molotov is a great comparison, they are both effective at the ranges that the units were designed to fight in. The Molotov is much more effective if you manage to hit hit the enemy, which is not much harder than a rifle grenade when you can oorah around through MG cover to throw it.
19 Jun 2014, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 14:54 PMTobis

Snip.

Let us not forget the DPS for Ost is scaled to deal with 6 models. This only helps with AOE and fire. T2 soviet support teams received no buffs when the damage profiles were changed. This is why a Pgren behind a Maxim is an insta-whipe where before the lethality increase they could easily escape.
19 Jun 2014, 15:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Let us not forget the DPS for Ost is scaled to deal with 6 models. This only helps with AOE and fire. T2 soviet support teams received no buffs when the damage profiles were changed. This is why a Pgren behind a Maxim is an insta-whipe where before the lethality increase they could easily escape.

Good point, but I was mentioning squad size more as a counter to his talking about mortars, snipers, and riflegrenades/molotovs where having more squad members would have a greater benefit. If the MG gets flanked like that they deserve to be punished, MG42 faces the same problems at close range.
19 Jun 2014, 18:32 PM

Watch out, you quoted a player with ZERO games as German, and a few soviets games played - search for his player card and you'll see. Or you are in the same situation?

Thanks for your opinion.

We played only custom games between ourselves and computer stomps. Mostly 4vs4 or 2vs2.
Also some of our group also play on the ladder when there is none of our group are online.

Our clan consist only of player with a minimum of 6 years playing the CoH family. And none of us are below 40 year old. We been playing COH2 since the beta.

We feel that part of the game is imbalance, killing the fun factor. There is no risk associate using those nades, so the damage must be tone down a bit. The munition cost is always a good investment when you are nearly always killing your target easily.

Rest of the game feel balanced enough for us.

Thanks you.
19 Jun 2014, 18:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 14:54 PMTobis

The same can't be said about the Maxim that can keep firing after being riflenaded

Cause you don´t use RifleNades on the same way you use Molotovs. Molotovs are used to force a reposition while you use a RN to make an opening for another unit or itself to flank the maxim.

How does this even make any sense?

When you issue a retreat order, if the MG42 gunner is killed, it teleports to another crew member. When a soviet support weapon gunner is killed, another crew member has to run into the weapon. Combine that with high DPS, and your chances of wiping, even with a quick retreat are high (if the german know what he is doing).
19 Jun 2014, 18:55 PM

When you issue a retreat order, if the MG42 gunner is killed, it teleports to another crew member. When a soviet support weapon gunner is killed, another crew member has to run into the weapon. Combine that with high DPS, and your chances of wiping, even with a quick retreat are high (if the german know what he is doing).

And this is different from MG crew roasting in a Molotov how, exactly?

Infact the RNade trajectory time is so long, that you can just about de-setup the Maxim before it even hits.
19 Jun 2014, 19:13 PM

Thanks for your opinion.

We played only custom games between ourselves and computer stomps. Mostly 4vs4 or 2vs2.
Also some of our group also play on the ladder when there is none of our group are online.

Our clan consist only of player with a minimum of 6 years playing the CoH family. And none of us are below 40 year old. We been playing COH2 since the beta.

We feel that part of the game is imbalance, killing the fun factor. There is no risk associate using those nades, so the damage must be tone down a bit. The munition cost is always a good investment when you are nearly always killing your target easily.

Rest of the game feel balanced enough for us.

Thanks you.

And I respect your opinion. But still, while using maxims myself, compared to Mg42 I observed something bothering: I can take one, two rifle nades and still remaining on place and keep firing (with a 2 models left manning the maxim). Still suppressing, still combat effective. An Mg42, if it takes a molotov, it needs to change position instantly = no more firing, no more supressing resulting in soviet infantry advance. So let me doubt. I find maxims being more reliable while taking a rifle nade hit than an MG42 taking a molotov down its throath.
19 Jun 2014, 20:06 PM
Patrion 14

And I respect your opinion. But still, while using maxims myself, compared to Mg42 I observed something bothering: I can take one, two rifle nades and still remaining on place and keep firing (with a 2 models left manning the maxim). Still suppressing, still combat effective. An Mg42, if it takes a molotov, it needs to change position instantly = no more firing, no more supressing resulting in soviet infantry advance. So let me doubt. I find maxims being more reliable while taking a rifle nade hit than an MG42 taking a molotov down its throath.

except in most cases, two rifle nade is more than enough to make maxim combat ineffective. either your maxim squad was spread out every time you used it or the guys you were playing didn't know how to use rifle nade effectively... all of them.

and unless your mg42 is alone, it is so easy to spot a conscripts trying to molotov you. you ever wonder why they are oorahing in the cone of mg42 fire while closing in?

if you get hit by a molotov, in most cases, it's your fault. there are clear signals that tells you that it's coming.
19 Jun 2014, 20:27 PM

Main problems -
1)mg 42 useless in buildings.
2) maxim can walk in to mg 42 arc,set up and win.
3)The mg 42 is neither there nor here-can't suppress reliably all the time,can't kill..this combined with its very vulnerable pack up time and low durability,make many german players just get another gren instead of having the possibility of getting the gun stolen.Personally i always like to get one,sometimes it pays off.sometimes it don't.It does increase ur staying power a bit.
19 Jun 2014, 23:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

^I won´t see with bad eyes if maxim gets higher penalties when supressed. I´m also wondering if that statements it´s completely true.

And this is different from MG crew roasting in a Molotov how, exactly?

Infact the RNade trajectory time is so long, that you can just about de-setup the Maxim before it even hits.

I guess you haven´t read the part where i said that even if you get hit by a molotov you can retreat because the MG42 teleports to the crew member vs crew member having to run to man the weapon and die (and die...) even when he is on retreat ?

I still have to see on this patch and the previous one (Praying to the RNG gods) a FULL or almost full health MG42 getting roasted by a single molotov.

You are comparing an ability which has "almost" constant results based on YOUR accuracy with the usage of it vs a CQ area denial ability heavily based on crits (just like all flame weapons). I´ll add that MG42 spread their crew in comparison to maxim which tend to be bunched up.

19 Jun 2014, 23:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

^I won´t see with bad eyes if maxim gets higher penalties when supressed. I´m also wondering if that statements it´s completely true.

I guess you haven´t read the part where i said that even if you get hit by a molotov you can retreat because the MG42 teleports to the crew member vs crew member having to run to man the weapon and die (and die...) even when he is on retreat ?

I still have to see on this patch and the previous one (Praying to the RNG gods) a FULL or almost full health MG42 getting roasted by a single molotov.

You are comparing an ability which has "almost" constant results based on YOUR accuracy with the usage of it vs a CQ area denial ability heavily based on crits (just like all flame weapons). I´ll add that MG42 spread their crew in comparison to maxim which tend to be bunched up.

The riflenade does not cause the crew members to keep grabbing the gun and dying, being surrounded by infantry does. The MG42 will have the same problem if it hasn't packed up before being surrounded, the teleport thing only happens when they are on the run.
19 Jun 2014, 23:30 PM

Rifle nade is better than the current Prec Strike for the 82MM Soviet mortar though. Feel free to wow me with stats that I cant see to the contrary but based on my use of the mortar through testing.

More of the 82MM thing I know but sheesh did they not test the new explosive profiles?

I am thinking no based on Prec Strike, Soviet Mine, Pre Nerf Rnade, and mobile as well as immobile arty.
20 Jun 2014, 01:26 AM

Precision Strike is marginally better than Rifle Grenade
20 Jun 2014, 05:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 20:06 PMpigsoup

except in most cases, two rifle nade is more than enough to make maxim combat ineffective. either your maxim squad was spread out every time you used it or the guys you were playing didn't know how to use rifle nade effectively... all of them.

and unless your mg42 is alone, it is so easy to spot a conscripts trying to molotov you. you ever wonder why they are oorahing in the cone of mg42 fire while closing in?

if you get hit by a molotov, in most cases, it's your fault. there are clear signals that tells you that it's coming.

Sorry, but it seems you missed the entire point. It's not about being hit by molotov, or about backing your mg42 in due time, a good micro will help you do that. It's about the fact that MG42 needs to pack up and redeploy when a molotov hits or when an iminent molotov menace aproaches. My maxims allways held the position against rifle grenades hits, and sometimes I merged cons squads into them and reinforced them on the field. They practically never need to lose position or stop firing because of rifle nades. They could only break engagement and retreat/change position when flanked, bombarded by mortar or arty, burned by incendiary hits, rushed with tanks. No need to retreat or break engagement just for a stupid useless rifle nade.
To conclude, the nerfing of rifle nades doesn't bother me, I can win games without using them so much, or without using them at all, but such nerfing was to harsh or not needed. Frankly most of the time I prefer saving amo for better uses then rifle grenades. Thank God Dshk isn't what it was anymore.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★