Login

russian armor

M3s unbeatable

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
2 Jun 2014, 17:39 PM

M3s are ridiculously overpowered atm. There is no way the germans can counter them in t1 or t2.
221 loses to multiple m3s and guards and pak gets overrun. Schrecks are the best option but it's almost impossible to get the ammuntion because fausts are needed to stop M3s from retreat killing all the grens.
2 Jun 2014, 17:47 PM

Permanently Banned
did you tried, mg? :O
2 Jun 2014, 18:00 PM

I agree that they are just a tad too powerful right now. They can come out as the Soviet's first unit, before you have ammo for a faust, and before you even get your mg positioned.

I have seen many Soviet players, myself included making 2+ SCs per match, with 2+ engies to support them. Yes, they can take on the german scout car, especially when there's 2 of them.

Worse, is the MG42's setup is so long, that MGs cannot effectively counter them before they drive up next to the mg.

A very skilled player can basically completely dominate a game with the SC. Keeping engies with flamers inside makes it very easy to repair them quickly without losing the vehicle.

Your best option is to get a fast at gun, and just try to avoid their SCs.
2 Jun 2014, 18:09 PM

It is in fact unbeatable trust me. 4 M3s and guards will kill EVERYTHING. Even if the soviet loses units left and right.
2 Jun 2014, 18:09 PM

M3s power comes from forcing exposed single units to retreat and running them down. when you see M3s immediately get to cover and sit on it. start concentrating your force from there. If you get an mg42 (which I strongly suggest) always have a gren squad on top of it to faust the M3 if it comes by. The key with dealing with M3s is to not allow them to pick off exposed units. They hardly win vs units in cover unless they are guards in an M3 or just simply more of them.

A short summary of what to do is Concentrate arms. It is a strategy that you have to adapt to when you see it otherwise it will pick you apart.
2 Jun 2014, 18:12 PM

M3s power comes from forcing exposed single units to retreat and running them down. when you see M3s immediately get to cover and sit on it. start concentrating your force from there. If you get an mg42 (which I strongly suggest) always have a gren squad on top of it to faust the M3 if it comes by. The key with dealing with M3s is to not allow them to pick off exposed units. They hardly win vs units in cover unless they are guards in an M3 or just simply more of them.

A short summary of what to do is Concentrate arms. It is a strategy that you have to adapt to when you see it otherwise it will pick you apart.

I know how to play. It's not a L2P issue. There is this weird russian spam player. He does the same shit EVERY game and i just cant beat it (Cpt.Molo) His micro sucks but since loosing 1-3 units doesn't matter with this strat because germans will be dead at the 5 minute mark he still beats me everytime.
2 Jun 2014, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2014, 18:12 PMQubix

I know how to play. It's not a L2P issue. There is this weird russian spam player. He does the same shit EVERY game and i just cant beat it (Cpt.Molo) His micro sucks but since loosing 1-3 units doesn't matter with this strat because germans will be dead at the 5 minute mark he still beats me everytime.

well you will have to post a replay for me to help. A 222 should be out and around before the Guards can be so you will have time to push back the M3s. Then have it just support a gren squad when you see the Guards out so that they cannot chase down your upgunned 222.

Also one of the top 100 players beat my M3 spam by placing Tellers in great spots rather than getting mg42s.
2 Jun 2014, 18:27 PM

well you will have to post a replay for me to help. A 222 should be out and around before the Guards can be so you will have time to push back the M3s. Then have it just support a gren squad when you see the Guards out so that they cannot chase down your upgunned 222.

Also one of the top 100 players beat my M3 spam by placing Tellers in great spots rather than getting mg42s.

I will post a replay as soon as i have one forgot to save them :/ I'm top 20 btw and i used to be top 10.
2 Jun 2014, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2014, 18:27 PMQubix

I will post a replay as soon as i have one forgot to save them :/ I'm top 20 btw and i used to be top 10.

Repsekt.
2 Jun 2014, 18:31 PM

Repsekt.

what's wrong with mentioning my ranking ?
2 Jun 2014, 18:34 PM

For Qubix.
2 Jun 2014, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2014, 17:47 PMakosi
did you tried, mg? :O

Isn't that a bit like trying to counter a KV-8 with Panzerschrecks? Sure you can try, but chances are you're just giving away free weapons.
2 Jun 2014, 18:51 PM

Permanently Banned

Isn't that a bit like trying to counter a KV-8 with Panzerschrecks? Sure you can try, but chances are you're just giving away free weapons.

tell me how you planning to kill a mg+gren with m3. tell me your secret.

soviet snipers are harder to beat. probably unbeatable if the right player uses them.
2 Jun 2014, 19:00 PM

For Qubix.

Von, he played even shittier than he did against me in those games. I'm still convinced that m3s are broken. They take too much damage and the wehrmacht player is forced to waste ammo on fausts to prevent the m3s from chasing down retreating units. Even if there's a way of beating it (and yes i admit you just proved me wrong) it's still a stupid all in strat that should be addressed. This guy got into top 20 (yes akosi i know ladder doesn't mean shit blah blah) by spamming m3s so I'm pretty sure that there's something wrong with them considering the ultra shit micro of this guy.
2 Jun 2014, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2014, 19:00 PMQubix

Von, he played even shittier than he did against me in those games. I'm still convinced that m3s are broken. They take too much damage and the wehrmacht player is forced to waste ammo on fausts to prevent the m3s from chasing down retreating units. Even if there's a way of beating it (and yes i admit you just proved me wrong) it's still a stupid all in strat that should be addressed. This guy got into top 20 (yes akosi i know ladder doesn't mean shit blah blah) by spamming m3s so I'm pretty sure that there's something wrong with them considering the ultra shit micro of this guy.

Idc if he played well, played badly, micro'd good, micro'd bad at times or w/e. All I care about is showing people how to counter them. It's so god damn simple. Go fast pak with heavy gren + mg into either another pak or dbl scout car. Also only faust if you know you can get 2 on him for sure, don't be ballsy, and stay together/anticipate his moves.
2 Jun 2014, 19:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2014, 18:09 PMQubix
It is in fact unbeatable trust me. 4 M3s and guards will kill EVERYTHING. Even if the soviet loses units left and right.

Sadly, you are verry correct. "The counters" to this shit are the very players who use this tactic, if they make a mistake. Use it well, and nobody can touch you. You will win 99% of your soviet games. Balance is currently GARBAGE. An Relic does nothing to repair it.
2 Jun 2014, 19:31 PM

For Qubix.

so if i get this straight. you go into the store and buy mechanized assault commander?

#relic
2 Jun 2014, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2014, 19:31 PMMackie

so if i get this straight. you go into the store and buy mechanized assault commander?

#relic

That is one option, and probably the most effective imo. But the core of this counter is usually fast pak.
2 Jun 2014, 20:09 PM

Rely on the swarm, although blobbing isn't generally a great tactic, the lack of mgs is the biggest weakness I have seen.

A gren blob will tear up any m3s that come within any sort of range.

Hell, a group of pios if allowed to get within melee distance will make quick work of an m3. They really aren't that big of a deal.
2 Jun 2014, 20:22 PM

i dunno, whenever i play againts M3s, i feel that i lose because i overextend/do a mistake of some sort.

However they are annoying, i guess in the hands of a player like cataclaw they can be very hard to deal with.

But a fast pak or a well microd 222 will bring em down fairly easily.

The only issue with them maybe is that they are too fast when they are fausted. Other than that they are fine. An mg42 rips through them and a gren nearby doesn't let them come close and flame you.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS