Login

russian armor

IS2

5 Jun 2014, 10:00 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2014, 20:01 PMBurts

yeah, its the anti armor that needs a buff i think, either damage wise or buffing the health of the thing.

Do you EVER play the opposite faction ? Because every single post of yours is .. Let's buff soviet nerf Germans.

Approach balance from a neutral perspective instead of screaming for soviet buffs in every post of yours
5 Jun 2014, 10:09 AM

That the nail on the head, there is very little an IS2 can do that 2 34/85s cannot do as well or better.

Comparing these two units, the IS2 should be more of a battering ram for frontal assaults. Yes of course the Tiger needs to still beat it solidly, but the IS2 could use more frontal armour, or health to give it a utility that sets it appart from medium tanks.
5 Jun 2014, 10:13 AM

Permanently Banned
That the nail on the head, there is very little an IS2 can do that 2 34/85s cannot do as well or better.

Comparing these two units, the IS2 should be more of a battering ram for frontal assaults. Yes of course the Tiger needs to still beat it solidly, but the IS2 could use more frontal armour, or health to give it a utility that sets it appart from medium tanks.

Of course let's nerf the only decent unit Germans have the tiger .... While let's buff the great powerful soviet tanks since they can't 1 shot squads yet to isu level.s

I know the pro soviet russian wannabes on this forum want easy cheap wins but .... LOL
5 Jun 2014, 10:24 AM

Approach balance from a neutral perspective instead of screaming for soviet buffs in every post of yours

Perhaps you should approach your fellow community members with neutral perspective. Looking at those 19 posts you have it doesn't seem like you have anything productive to say at all.
5 Jun 2014, 11:13 AM

Bringing arguments like "I can't use my IS2 like german nasty player here uses his Tiger, I wanna use my IS2 in the same way ...now!" are not valid.

Great, not apply the same in discussions where sov counterparts have advantage over ger ones instead of crying(I mean it in general, not you specifically, but you're definitely not excluded).
5 Jun 2014, 11:21 AM

Great, not apply the same in discussions where sov counterparts have advantage over ger ones instead of crying(I mean it in general, not you specifically, but you're definitely not excluded).

I never asked for similar abilities or performances for german units, and when I did, I did it just to emphasize my point, not because I believe the armies should resemble one to the other.
5 Jun 2014, 11:25 AM
Patrion 14

I hear you, but tbh there are so many more urgent matters than that. For instance, if we think at IS2 as not verry cost effective, then what could we say about Panther? That thing isn't even build anymore compare to IS2 who is widely used nowadays.

Agreed, which is why I said IS-2 is in the same league as Wehrmacht T4 (with which I particularly mean the Panther). It's worth fixing because they're not cost effective right now, but not as urgent as things like any explosive that got extremely strong since last patch.

I personally haven't seen a lot of IS-2s btw, but I haven't seen a lot of streams lately. As Wehr I wouldn't worry when I see an IS-2 though. It's no match for a Tiger, and I get one almost every game anyway :P
5 Jun 2014, 12:23 PM

Agreed, which is why I said IS-2 is in the same league as Wehrmacht T4 (with which I particularly mean the Panther). It's worth fixing because they're not cost effective right now, but not as urgent as things like any explosive that got extremely strong since last patch.

I personally haven't seen a lot of IS-2s btw, but I haven't seen a lot of streams lately. As Wehr I wouldn't worry when I see an IS-2 though. It's no match for a Tiger, and I get one almost every game anyway :P

I use the IS-2 quite regularly. Thing is, if the Ostheer player does not have the heaviest of At, meaning Tiger/Elefant available, he has a serious problem on his hands. IS-2 dominates both P4s and StuGs, and comes in a doc that shines against Paks. The Panther on the other hand cannot really hurt infantry and can be almost safely ignored by itself - unlike ie. the P4 which can accumulate serious damage towards soft targets.
5 Jun 2014, 12:38 PM
Patrion 14

Hmm yeah I can see it being worth it then. Still though, I prefer to go the bit safer route of having T34-85s, since that way you can counter unexpected heavy armor, and still do good damage against infantry.

And yes, the Panther is just worthless right now. It needs a buff, and I'm pretty sure it'll get one with the WF patch
5 Jun 2014, 12:42 PM

IS-2 was too good at wiping inf squads before, now it is completely out classed by 2 t34-85's and arguably by two t34-76's.

It might be ok to push its hp up and leave it otherwise. This would let it absorb massive damage but still be very vulnerable if it was sent in on its own.

Agreed, low priority problem.
5 Jun 2014, 12:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

clean up time. guys please follow the forum rules that includes staying on topic and respecting other forum members. if there is a post that hs broken forum rules please (feel free) to pm a moderator or staff member so we can take care of it.

5 Jun 2014, 14:32 PM

I use the IS-2 quite regularly. Thing is, if the Ostheer player does not have the heaviest of At, meaning Tiger/Elefant available, he has a serious problem on his hands. IS-2 dominates both P4s and StuGs, and comes in a doc that shines against Paks. The Panther on the other hand cannot really hurt infantry and can be almost safely ignored by itself - unlike ie. the P4 which can accumulate serious damage towards soft targets.

Except it only kills Paks its in range of. And if its not in range of the Pak its pretty much dead meat. Because the Pak has more DPS than the elephant. So if a Pak is properly positioned its going to kill the crap out of an IS2. Way more effectivley than a Zis can do to a Tiger even at Vet.

Because at vet the Zis gets close to a NON vet Paks DPS but its still shooting a target with more HPs. All you need to do to knock out an IS2 is faust it then Pak it. It will never get in range of the Pak since it moves so slow with engine damage and every other penetration of the Pak seems to give it a Star of Vet. Also even though Paks TWP is bugged you can still use it on a disabled IS2 since it cant really dodge the shot like faster tanks can.

IS2 is very much underperforming at its role assuming that now its role is to be equal to the Tiger in all things. Since I see the Tiger two shotting 6 man squads with a faster ROF and the IS2 sometimes 1 shotting 4 man squads (but NOWHERE NEAR what it used to do) and the fact they both cost the same...the IS2 is the crappy version of the two for certain.

Edit:

Also go look at what a Tiger does to a Zis this patch. Same effect about the same amount of time...takes less total damage doing it.
5 Jun 2014, 14:45 PM

Just lead with any given inf squad, drop incendiary arty on the pak, and even if it doesnt kill him, he will have to move and at that point you've won. Even if a faust penetrates its not a big deal.
5 Jun 2014, 16:44 PM

Just lead with any given inf squad, drop incendiary arty on the pak, and even if it doesnt kill him, he will have to move and at that point you've won. Even if a faust penetrates its not a big deal.

Yep that will clear a Pak. But light arty/Stuka can do the same thing to the Zis. The only difference is the Zis isnt as much of a threat to the Tiger as the Pak is to the IS2.

The last match I did against IS2s I had two paks. He did Incin one. The other he did not and the one that was decrewed was recrewed after the fire cleared by Pios. End result was he got smashed in record time. And couldnt escape.

This was on crossing in the woods where mobility is already impared of course. Results may vary map dependant.

I really have no problem at my skill level defeating an IS2 compared to defeating a Tiger. Both can be defeated of course but one is just so much easier than the other.
5 Jun 2014, 16:56 PM

Is 2 is supposed to have 205 rear armor while pak does 190. Somehow it feels like the pak does pen it quite a bit.
5 Jun 2014, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2014, 12:54 PMWiFiDi

Classic photo.
5 Jun 2014, 17:33 PM

Is-2 should have more damage then t-3476, so i agree with damage icreace by 40 but turret rotation should be like it is at the moment. Im pretty sure ISU-152 and Elefant will be nerfed with WA realise.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment