Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
4 Jun 2014, 15:14 PM

So after watching the stream, here's what I think about the US:
_Awesome inf, looks like rifleman + officers will put the fear into Grenadiers and with Bazooka they will be a terror to German armor.
_Versatile vehicle, able to repair anywhere + smoke on Sherman looks really potent
_Doctrines feel likes the old COH, each one has completely unique abilities, no more overlapping sheninngans.
_No support weapons unless dropped in by Airborne
_Late medics (looks like the ambulance comes at TII, after buying Lt and Capt
_Late mines, no non-doctrinal AI mines
_No flamethrowers
_No heavy tanks
_No tank disabling weapons(panzerfaust, AT grenade)
Overall, looks like the US will be a very micro intensive factions, even more than Soviet since everything in your army has more than 1 purpose and most of the is only effective in numbers or in flanking. US inf is strong, but late medic + lack of cheap AT weapons means unit preservation will be at paramount.
Feel free to cash in your opinions, looks like TWFA will be a better expansion to COH2 than the old OF to vCOH.
4 Jun 2014, 15:32 PM
Patrion 14

We're allowed to talk about American infantry IIRC.

The faction is well-realised, the infantry really are like Swiss-army knives and very configurable.

4 Jun 2014, 16:32 PM

I've owned coh2 for a year and I'm largely tired of the two factions.

The expansion has brought me back into the fold and come release, I will probably be playing only US/OKW.

The OKW demonstration is on friday, right?
4 Jun 2014, 16:56 PM
Patrion 14

I'm not sure, but I think people will be blown away by the potential builds and flexibility of the OKW. Challenging, and I'm really excited to see what our top players do with them.

And as for the old factions, I don't think I'm letting any cats out of bags when I say my favourite (and totally unexpected) match-up is USA versus Soviets!
4 Jun 2014, 17:02 PM

So after watching the stream, here's what I think about the US:
_Awesome inf, looks like rifleman + officers will put the fear into Grenadiers and with Bazooka they will be a terror to German armor.
_Versatile vehicle, able to repair anywhere + smoke on Sherman looks really potent
_Doctrines feel likes the old COH, each one has completely unique abilities, no more overlapping sheninngans.
_No support weapons unless dropped in by Airborne
_Late medics (looks like the ambulance comes at TII, after buying Lt and Capt
_Late mines, no non-doctrinal AI mines
_No flamethrowers
_No heavy tanks
_No tank disabling weapons(panzerfaust, AT grenade)
Overall, looks like the US will be a very micro intensive factions, even more than Soviet since everything in your army has more than 1 purpose and most of the is only effective in numbers or in flanking. US inf is strong, but late medic + lack of cheap AT weapons means unit preservation will be at paramount.
Feel free to cash in your opinions, looks like TWFA will be a better expansion to COH2 than the old OF to vCOH.

Mostly right, however wrong about the support weapons. Americans have a non doctrinal 0.30 cal HMG and a M8 howitzer instead of the mortar. Think kind of like free zis barrage but very limited anti armor capability.

And riflemen do have tank disabling weapons. The default smokegrenade slows down tanks for a short period of time and at vet 1 they get an anti tank riflegrenade.
4 Jun 2014, 17:03 PM

The OKW demonstration is on friday, right?

Please can someone confirm this?
4 Jun 2014, 17:33 PM

All we know is it's supposed to be this week, we don't know what day or when.
4 Jun 2014, 17:44 PM

4 Jun 2014, 17:46 PM

I think I saw von Kluge say that it's friday. Don't count on it.

Here is the relic twitter. : https://twitter.com/companyheroes

I'm not sure, but I think people will be blown away by the potential builds and flexibility of the OKW. Challenging, and I'm really excited to see what our top players do with them.

I think what is pretty commendable with the expansion is the fact that the TWA units are wearing more historically accurate uniforms for once.

The complaints about the weird soviet/ostheer clothes will probably cease for the most part.
4 Jun 2014, 17:49 PM

USA vs soviet :/......

umm okay.. That won't be possible in automatch... You can do ostheer vs ostheer in custom games too you know.
4 Jun 2014, 17:50 PM
Patrion 14

There is one non-doctrinal OKW infantry unit that is beautifully rendered and equipped, right down to the flecktarn. As I posted in the alpha forums, I wept tears of WW2 geek joy.
4 Jun 2014, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2014, 17:02 PMBurts

Mostly right, however wrong about the support weapons. Americans have a non doctrinal 0.30 cal HMG and a M8 howitzer instead of the mortar. Think kind of like free zis barrage but very limited anti armor capability.

And riflemen do have tank disabling weapons. The default smokegrenade slows down tanks for a short period of time and at vet 1 they get an anti tank riflegrenade.

Thx man, so unless US goes Airborne, their only inf-based AT is bazooka?
4 Jun 2014, 18:12 PM
Patrion 14

^ Rifle teams have smoke and AT rifle nades as standard. The AT rifle nades are only any good versus very light vehicles though, tbh.

Smoke is awesome, good for escaping vehicles esp those with suppression.
4 Jun 2014, 18:16 PM

The units are pretty much wearing Autumn/Winter 1944 clothes.

US Infantry divisions, Volksgrenadier divisions, and SS Panzer divisions.

It's too grainy but the Lt's squad is armed with a BAR, thompson and 3 Garands I think.

I am not sure but the US Assault engineers seem to be wearing Engineer Flak vests.

4 Jun 2014, 18:56 PM

Also found the British equivalent (in the center).
The armor protection for the torso adopted in 1942 is defensive armament was little known, even though it offers good protection against relatively slow-moving damaging elements, such fragments. Such vests got some soldiers 1st Airborne Division, participating in Operation "Market" in the Netherlands in September 1944

Looks like this engineer wearing

Beginning in 1943 , the crews of strategic bombers began receiving protection from shrapnel, flak vests special . The so-called flak suit was developed in October 1942, Brigadier General Grow in cooperation with " Vilkinsonsvord ."
It was a plate of manganese steel , which is not penetrated by a bullet .45 at close range. Innovation immediately received recognition from the bomber crews and helped to significantly reduce the loss of flight crews. Body armor weighed about 9 kg , but that did not stop pilots , and by 1944 only in the 8th Air Force had about 13,500 vests .

4 Jun 2014, 19:02 PM

US paratroopers come off of a plane. What are the odds of getting that plane shot down before they spawn? OKW seems to have strong air counters...

Better yet, when they are in midair, you can probably wipe them out by rushing a flak halftrack to their LZ.
4 Jun 2014, 19:09 PM

USA Major (3 men) abilities:

-create retreat point
-artillery strike, 120 muni
-recon overflight, 50 muni
-Fake artillery strike, 20 muni

USA Lt. (5 men)
-grenade
-smoke rifle grenade

I don't think the Capt squad was shown.
4 Jun 2014, 19:27 PM
Patrion 14

If you drop paras in the fog of war you run a good chance of losing a couple. I lost two in my last game. Pathfinders in the area reduce this.
4 Jun 2014, 20:06 PM

The Sherman 'Easy Eight' Upgraded sherman- 76mm gun, more armor, better movement, better turret is coming in WFA:

So it's probably going to be a slightly better version of the Soviet lend-lease sherman.

https://twitter.com/companyheroes
4 Jun 2014, 21:49 PM

I have CoH2 WFA pre ordered already so i'm hoping this expansion will rekindle my interest in the CoH franchise. I have more than 2000 hours of playtime in CoH1 and I was in the top 10 2v2 ranked leaderboard, yet I only have 30 ish hours on CoH2, so it says a lot about the game when a veteran like myself has more time invested into the first CoH than the second one.

I'm not really looking forward to the Americans but the new German faction looks fun. The only thing that would make CoH2 perfect is if they added the French and British Army, but they can do that later on down the road since they're going to be releasing this expansion in 20 days or so.
PAGES (75)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS