Login

russian armor

B4 and Kv-2 in more commanders

26 May 2014, 21:54 PM

I know, I know, You dont want any more dlc-commanders. But I would like to have some more options on the Kv-2 and the B-4.
Counterattack tactics do require to much mp. Its hard to go shocks, B-4 and Kv-1s. And sadly Kv-1s suck bull.
Soviet industry is quite nice I think, but some more options would be nice for the Kv-2.
Almost every commander-unit goes in multiple commanders so I would say there is room for some more Kv-2s and B-4s.
26 May 2014, 22:03 PM

make kv-1 a tier unit pretty sad they realised coh2 with the kv-1 as a dlc
26 May 2014, 22:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Change the unused commander with other units :D
26 May 2014, 23:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Well with the game allegedly suppossed to reflect 1944 to 45 the KV1 and KV2 should be rare.

27 May 2014, 00:18 AM

Well with the game allegedly suppossed to reflect 1944 to 45 the KV1 and KV2 should be rare.

And also the stuka with the siren, the B-2 (Stuka 50kg dive bomb), only used in the first engagements of the blitzkrieg, but...
27 May 2014, 05:44 AM

More options for KV-1?

I don't agree.

Why? Because its like asking for more options with relief infantry/rapid conscription.

KV-1 is beyond bad now, it have LESS chance to kill P4 now then it had before the patch(and it was RNG with slight KV favor there already) and it can't kill anything else.
27 May 2014, 05:50 AM

Dude, there is no timeline in CoH 2 multiplayer.Ostheer is mainly 1943(Tiger I, Panther, Elephant). OKW will be a mix of early war Units(Panzer II) and late war stuff(Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger...).Soviet T-70 or T-34/76 is also no late war tank.

In multiplayer there are maps like Minsk, Moskow.I didn t know that the battle of moskow happened in 1944-45?

And pls not more commanders.We already have enough useless commanders that nobody ever uses.
27 May 2014, 05:52 AM

What I don't agree to, is more options for B-4. A world ending blast that can one-shot the most expensive armored vehicles whithout a chance for escape? No way. The 50 kg Stuka bomb blamed by all soviet fanboys still makes a sound and if you are not deaf you can dodge. But dodge a B-4 projectile, I dare you.
28 May 2014, 08:56 AM
Donator 22

What I don't agree to, is more options for B-4. A world ending blast that can one-shot the most expensive armored vehicles whithout a chance for escape? No way. The 50 kg Stuka bomb blamed by all soviet fanboys still makes a sound and if you are not deaf you can dodge. But dodge a B-4 projectile, I dare you.

Actually B-4 doesn't one shot any heavy armor and has wild inaccuracy.
If you use the target vehicle then yes its got good accuracy but this ability costs ~= dive bomb so I don't see the problem, the vet 1 ability it gets is a vet ability so should be decent but admittedly is poorly designed atm as it makes its other ability pointless.

The B4 is easily killed by any off map and usually, like most arty, ends up as a waste of MP. It would be nice to see it in some more doctrines though as I like to try and make it work.

The KV-2 is the sole reason I play industry and I would also like to see this in another commander.
28 May 2014, 13:05 PM

If you use the target vehicle then yes its got good accuracy but this ability costs ~= dive bomb so I don't see the problem, the vet 1 ability it gets is a vet ability so should be decent but admittedly is poorly designed atm as it makes its other ability pointless.

The B4 is easily killed by any off map and usually, like most arty, ends up as a waste of MP. It would be nice to see it in some more doctrines though as I like to try and make it work.

The KV-2 is the sole reason I play industry and I would also like to see this in another commander.

B-4 is an unfair weapon as ISU is. It's not about the ability cost, it's the warning. Stuka dive bomb has warning. At list an audio warning. Your B-4 has zero warning and I just see my expensive fully health Elefant droping to 20% health in one second. Same with the Tiger. This is a balance problem because germans have nothing similar. And you want it in more doctrines. LOL. I would reply to you with a doctrinal german unit that I want in more doctrines, but hey, what do you know, german doctrines have nothing so lethal as B-4.
28 May 2014, 14:23 PM

B-4 is an unfair weapon as ISU is. It's not about the ability cost, it's the warning. Stuka dive bomb has warning. At list an audio warning. Your B-4 has zero warning and I just see my expensive fully health Elefant droping to 20% health in one second. Same with the Tiger. This is a balance problem because germans have nothing similar. And you want it in more doctrines. LOL. I would reply to you with a doctrinal german unit that I want in more doctrines, but hey, what do you know, german doctrines have nothing so lethal as B-4.

Have you tried shooting B-4 at something that isn't in the arc?

Unless your army is made out solely from bunkers, there is high chance that none of your units will be in that spot 5 mins later, when it will finally turn.

Also B4 deals 640 damage with direct his. There is 25% chances that your elephant will get a total of ZERO damage on direct hit.

And 640 is hardly an 80% of 1040hp, unless you had a very, very bad math teacher back in the day.
640 is also not 80% of 1280.

You hyperbole so much that its painful to read.
28 May 2014, 15:05 PM

That LOL does not come from the joy of the game. Id say youre too preoccupied with the balance of this game. I would want this for the fun of it. Fun you know.
28 May 2014, 15:05 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2014, 14:23 PMKatitof
You hyperbole so much that its painful to read.

I've long seen the potential for a new fanclub, but I'm just not invested enough...
28 May 2014, 15:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Well I think in most games (3vs3 4vs4) there is at least one german player with elefant doctrin, so he can stuka bomb the shit out of B4 or other howitzers combined with Scout Plane from another commander. Of course it's a stronk unit but hey I think Elefant and ISU should be removed from the game because they require 0 Skill and early Veterancy (Infantry -> ISU kills all, Tanks -> Elefant kills all) doesn't get rewarded in late game :(
28 May 2014, 15:46 PM

And 640 is hardly an 80% of 1040hp, unless you had a very, very bad math teacher back in the day.
640 is also not 80% of 1280.

Yes, it would be so nice if everything relied on math. The real life beats the movie though and COH2 makes no exception. Next time this will occur, I will save the replay as I should have done this time. My fault.
28 May 2014, 15:50 PM

That LOL does not come from the joy of the game. Id say youre too preoccupied with the balance of this game. I would want this for the fun of it. Fun you know.

it's hard to have fun when weaker players beats you just because of bad balance. You're right, nevertheless.
Neo
28 May 2014, 16:41 PM

Have you tried shooting B-4

You should have ended your question here. He probably has never used the B4 in his life. That's why he talks about "your B4" and "my expensive Elephant" (hint, Elephant comes with recon and stuka bomb in the doctrine).
Neo
28 May 2014, 16:45 PM

Would be great to see the KV1 and KV2 in more doctrines, especially if KV1 ever gets up from the overnerf of the last patch.

B4 is fun but impossible to keep alive, especially with the current Elephant-dominated meta.
28 May 2014, 16:59 PM

The B-4 stinks until its gets the accuracy bonus from veterancy. Then it can become an effective punisher of idle bunched up units.
28 May 2014, 18:04 PM

It'd be nice if the B4 was moderately accurate at 'close' range with horrible accuracy at long range. Then it could be a powerful defensive weapon with the ability to go offensive if you're willing to pay-per-shot.

They also need to fix the buggy animations, it's really hard to tell when it's ready to fire because it constantly raises and lowers the gun for no reason.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS