Login

russian armor

Soviet Forward HQ is completely broken.

5 Jun 2014, 10:50 AM

Permanently Banned
the most lamest strategy in history of rts is this .... soviet fhq exploiter rushes fuel point and sets up fhq next to adjacent buildings.

That 60 fuel spent is recovered in just a couple of minutes thanks to the new fuel point you gained and not to mention denying the germans of the fuel. Then his friend lolrallys all units to the fuel point fhq and fortifies.

German player somehow manages to destroy fhq ... NO problem just setup fhq in next building and profit.

Then the usual no skill soviet spam followed by the cheater mode ISU152 and you get a very richly deserved victory (sarcasm off)
5 Jun 2014, 11:11 AM

the most lamest strategy in history of rts is this .... soviet fhq exploiter rushes fuel point and sets up fhq next to adjacent buildings.

That 60 fuel spent is recovered in just a couple of minutes thanks to the new fuel point you gained and not to mention denying the germans of the fuel. Then his friend lolrallys all units to the fuel point fhq and fortifies.

German player somehow manages to destroy fhq ... NO problem just setup fhq in next building and profit.

Then the usual no skill soviet spam followed by the cheater mode ISU152 and you get a very richly deserved victory (sarcasm off)

How about you post a rep of this "oh so op" strategy in 1v1 or 2v2, because if you can't deal with it in spamfests, spamming mortars, you fail horribly.
5 Jun 2014, 12:32 PM

How about you post a rep of this "oh so op" strategy in 1v1 or 2v2, because if you can't deal with it in spamfests, spamming mortars, you fail horribly.

Katitof, as you seem to request replays so often, but then fail to read the posts with replays in it, I will only remind you again that replays are posted through out this post.

In fact, I myself posted a replay not more than 1 page back.
5 Jun 2014, 12:37 PM

Permanently Banned

Katitof, as you seem to request replays so often, but then fail to read the posts with replays in it, I will only remind you again that replays are posted through out this post.

Hes the biggest soviet fanboy troll out there. Even if the food was put in his mouth he would spit it out and scream that he is hungry.
5 Jun 2014, 12:37 PM

Of a 4v4 game.

Sorry, but these aren't any indicator of good or bad balance and anyone who treats balance seriously will disregard them instantly, because they prove nothing(because there is too many variables, too many commanders, too many units and most importantly-too much resources imbalancing everything).

Game needs to be balanced on the competitive level.
Competitive level is 1v1 and 2v2.

Anything above that is a meatgrinder where anything goes, it can be fun for some, but it will never be balanced for the reasons I've mentioned, not in a game where factions are not 100% mirrored.
And no, this is not my exclusive opinion, its a fact that anyone knowing the meaning of "competitive gameplay" will confirm for you.
5 Jun 2014, 14:16 PM

Of a 4v4 game.

Sorry, but these aren't any indicator of good or bad balance and anyone who treats balance seriously will disregard them instantly, because they prove nothing(because there is too many variables, too many commanders, too many units and most importantly-too much resources imbalancing everything).

Anything above that is a meatgrinder where anything goes, it can be fun for some, but it will never be balanced for the reasons I've mentioned, not in a game where factions are not 100% mirrored.
And no, this is not my exclusive opinion, its a fact that anyone knowing the meaning of "competitive gameplay" will confirm for you.

If you want to pick an arbitrary reason to remove my gameplay video...fine. But be aware in my game the map splits into two 2v2 games quickly anyway. However, the OP has a 2v2 video.

Also, and I hate to sound like a broken record but it can't be helped because people keep using this argument, you cannot say because it is not broken in 1v1 and 2v2 it is fine. Otherwise Opel blitz would have received far fewer nerfs. If it destroys the game in larger parties it has to be balanced. Most players are in larger games, and you cannot write off their concerns just because tournaments aren't focused around them. My suggestions earlier would have balanced this ability without changing how the building worked in 1v1.

Also weren't you complaining about Panther spam? How many panthers did you see in 1v1 games?
5 Jun 2014, 14:28 PM

It doesn't matter how you play 4v4, there is still HUGE resource inflation you can do nothing with, which allows for things that are not possible in competitive modes.

I have no idea why you even try to argue that, the only reason I can think of is you don't get the difference between 1v1/2v2 and 4v4.

And people say this argument over and over again, because thats how it is.
with inflated resources you have MUCH more fuel/muni then you'd have in normal game.

And I wasn't complaining about panther spam, I was complaining about invincible vet2 panther with jet engines.

And yes, Opel is only issue in 4v4 as well, its perfectly fine in 1v1 and 2v2.
This is another example of why these games will never be balanced and the reason is still the same-inflated resources allowing you to do things that are not possible in competitive modes, you can't rebalance that, so stop thinking 4v4 will ever be balanced-it won't be without breaking either maps or 1v1/2v2 balance completely.

Can you guess which modes devs prefer to be balanced in this case?
This applies to:

Every
single
RTS game
released
EVER
after
WC2
5 Jun 2014, 14:34 PM

Every
single
RTS game
released
EVER
after
WC2

expect WiC an RTS built around 8 vs 8 combat with competive being 4v4/5v5
5 Jun 2014, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2014, 14:34 PMCon!

That would be the only exception over the past 19 years of RTS gaming and as you pointed out-its specifically designed for that.
5 Jun 2014, 15:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2014, 14:34 PMCon!

Wargaming too man, try 4v4 in the largest map setting, you will feel like an actual commander working in tandem with other commanders to achieve victory.
5 Jun 2014, 17:40 PM

Of a 4v4 game.

Oh look, it's this guy again who manages to shitpost in every thread he enters, ignores any contradictory evidence to his own bias, and has over 20x as many posts here as game's he has played (not even counting the official forums, where you manage to post even more).

Do you simply spend all day on both forums? Why do you want to discuss a game so much that you have hardly played?

Perhaps you should either look at the replay I posted in the original post, or the one I posted on the last page showing the use of FHQ on Semois in a 2v2 match, and how even though one soviet player was simply spamming mortars, there was essentially no counter or ability to destroy the building in any capacity.
5 Jun 2014, 17:54 PM

Oh look, it's this guy again who manages to shitpost in every thread he enters, ignores any contradictory evidence to his own bias, and has over 20x as many posts here as game's he has played (not even counting the official forums, where you manage to post even more).

Do you simply spend all day on both forums? Why do you want to discuss a game so much that you have hardly played?

Perhaps you should either look at the replay I posted in the original post, or the one I posted on the last page showing the use of FHQ on Semois in a 2v2 match, and how even though one soviet player was simply spamming mortars, there was essentially no counter or ability to destroy the building in any capacity.

I did. All it proved was that german players had no slightest idea where the incendiary shell button is and use it twice, one after another. One incendiary barrage will be not enough and a waste of muni, dropping one after another will burn FHQ to the ground 100% of the time.

I find 90 muni to be rather cost effective counter to 300mp 60fu.

If you want to prove something, make sure you play against opponents who actually do have a clue on the game, they had right tools to hardcounter FHQ, they have failed miserably with understanding on how it works and how to use it.
5 Jun 2014, 18:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just for the sake of seeing blood. Against top1 (at that moment) 2v2 AT. They didn´t had or used MHT.

I know the replay is not usable anymore but, there you have it.

Again, for me it´s only worth it on Semois summer. On the Winter version or other maps, you have the ability to flank or push through the sides of the map. It´s hardcountered by MHT and it´s a "cheese" all in strat IMO. Also only "usable" on 2v2 (or 3v3+ spamfest Angermeunde).

Far from being OP, i think it could get some tweaks. Reduce cost, have to be in own territory, being able to decap the building, etc. More versatile but with more soft counters.
6 Jun 2014, 03:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Wargaming too man, try 4v4 in the largest map setting, you will feel like an actual commander working in tandem with other commanders to achieve victory.

Word
6 Jun 2014, 03:35 AM

Still dont know anyone who actually uses this... just once. I outteched them, nevetheless (caches, anyone?) and they (practically have to) put all their forces in one location... so i simply surrounded that point albeit ignoring it altogether and capped the other 50% of the map, except i have more fuel. Soon after, my PzIV charged the location and my grenadiers made short work of AT, crushing the point.
6 Jun 2014, 19:39 PM

Here Late game Forward HQ usage
7 Jun 2014, 23:20 PM

Permanently Banned
the katitof aka katyn massacre lover wants replays and even when he gets them refuses to change his brainwashed polish opinion.

Its hard to convince such people to look neutral to both sides.
7 Jun 2014, 23:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

luckily we have you as the beacon of neutrality
8 Jun 2014, 00:55 AM
8 Jun 2014, 11:39 AM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 146
Germany 19
United States 3
Germany 1