Login

russian armor

soviet zis3 and su76

12 May 2014, 19:25 PM

i had always the feeling that its a bad gameplay element that soviet atgun can use its arty ability from the beginning
why it dosnt need vet1 like all other units to unlock a special thing?
i could understand that the su76 needed it in the past because its damage output wasnt that great, but with the lasted buff for su76 i also think the barrage ability should be unlocked with vet1

i know probably many ppl will start flaming me now for this
but i just wanted to start a discussion about it.

and before ppl start wiht axis fanboy^^
sorry but i like to play both factions and even when im playing soviets it feels not right
12 May 2014, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 19:25 PMApeMen
i had always the feeling that its a bad gameplay element that soviet atgun can use its arty ability from the beginning
why it dosnt need vet1 like all other units to unlock a special thing?
i could understand that the su76 needed it in the past because its damage output wasnt that great, but with the lasted buff for su76 i also think the barrage ability should be unlocked with vet1

i know probably many ppl will start flaming me now for this
but i just wanted to start a discussion about it.

and before ppl start wiht axis fanboy^^
sorry but i like to play both factions and even when im playing soviets it feels not right

I think it would be better if the zis needed vet1 to barrage. Its kind of hard to dodge it with mgs. The su76 though is fine as it comes much later and probobly has a number of counters.
12 May 2014, 19:46 PM

Come on, guys. ZIS-3 barrage cost 60 munition and su76 cost is 75 fuel and its barrage have really long recharge time
12 May 2014, 20:00 PM

Come on, guys. ZIS-3 barrage cost 60 munition and su76 cost is 75 fuel and its barrage have really long recharge time

Most abilities cost munitions...
The Su76 should be left alone, it's fine the way it is as it comes slightly later but the ZIS-3 should need to be vet 1.
The problems I see with ZIS-3 needing vet one is:
1.Germans don't produce enough light armor early game for it to vet to 1.
2.It would have to be lucky enough to kill enough infantry to get vet 1.

12 May 2014, 20:04 PM

This thread is ridiculous its like people are purposely trying to find something that is op.
Neo
12 May 2014, 20:14 PM

I have no problem with removing barrage, just make it as good as the Pak at AT, give it target weak point and we're all set :)
12 May 2014, 20:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If ain´t broken, don´t touch it.
12 May 2014, 20:30 PM

You do realize this ability is why the gun fires 50% slower right. If you took that away you better be ready for it to fire much faster.
12 May 2014, 20:33 PM

I would LOVE to give up Barrage for more AT personally. Barrage is not worth it imho. If i want indirect fire I can build a Mortar...
12 May 2014, 20:38 PM

I needed to double check the OPs name to make sure its not lolcake, wiking or heini.

I guess we have some fresh "beyond noob" person.
12 May 2014, 20:43 PM

^Social skills at its finest, for sure lol
12 May 2014, 21:01 PM

I'm not here to pick up chicks dammit!
12 May 2014, 21:17 PM

you should learn reading dudes
im not trolling nor im saying its op or broken

i just said it a bit inconsistent.

ofc if the barrage would be linked to vet1 the whole weapon needs to be rebalanced
thats not the point

the thread was also not to whine or refered to the balance (otherwhise i whould have started it in the balance section)
i just wanted to see if other ppl also think the ability is compared to the other units inconsistent

nothing more nothing less

but its nice to see that ppl instant start with noob phrases :/

12 May 2014, 21:38 PM

I think barrage is fine in exchange for -50% rate of fire time.

Imagine 6men Zis gun with same firerate as PaK40 and Target Weak Point (that would be... () /\/\ G )

@Kat
Lol
12 May 2014, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 21:17 PMApeMen
you should learn reading dudes
im not trolling nor im saying its op or broken

i just said it a bit inconsistent.

ofc if the barrage would be linked to vet1 the whole weapon needs to be rebalanced
thats not the point

the thread was also not to whine or refered to the balance (otherwhise i whould have started it in the balance section)
i just wanted to see if other ppl also think the ability is compared to the other units inconsistent

nothing more nothing less

but its nice to see that ppl instant start with noob phrases :/

Yes, these units' abilities are inconsistent with the general rule of get vet, then get an ability.

1. It's not a very strong rule (other units have abilities without vet.: cons, grens, engies, T70, etc.) so is it really a problem?

2. Shifting the ability to vet1 could work. Some re-balancing would be necessary.

3. When you encounter ad hominem, it's best to report it instead of contributing to it. It makes for a better environment for all.
12 May 2014, 21:57 PM

I'm sure OP had no clue that rate of fire is -50%, that is why he started this thread.
I take Pak over ZiS any time.
12 May 2014, 22:01 PM

It needs to be able to use the arty right away because otherwise it sucks too hard as it's not the best anti-tank weapon around. However if you made it as good as the Pak then the balance would be all fucked up, current tank/at gun meta is pretty good if you ignore the super-heavies.
12 May 2014, 23:08 PM

Zis guns are very weak compared to other units for it's cost, fire rate is so damn low that it can be easily outflanked by tank/vehicle. 60 muni barrage is useless, it's only good when there's no other option to take out something but still, it's barrage accuracy is so ow that sometimes it won't even scratch anything. Soviets needs like 3-4 ZiS guns to stay in fight vs tanks Panzer IV and better, even big YiS guns numbers sometimes canąt handle Tiger, while Germans need like 2 Pak's to stay in fight with soviet tanks, only lucky IS-2 shot or ISU-152 can entirelly destroy gun or kill the crew
12 May 2014, 23:31 PM

The 60 muni barrage is hardly useless, even if it's situational. Although you can get 2 supermines for that cost so I guess I might hesitate to use it for that reason :P
12 May 2014, 23:43 PM

I had many MG42 wiped out by that barrage..its not so useless I think :p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight