Login

russian armor

Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv

PAGES (21)down
11 May 2014, 01:06 AM

No, it's not. I've probably played close to 50 matches this patch (Mostly 2v2 and 3v3), about 20 as soviets, 30 as germans. I've encountered the ISU very frequently and yes, it penetrates the elefant every single shot. I've also used the ISU for a few of those matches. It does and if you don't believe me, try playing Jaeger Armor. The ISU is simply a better unit. It can penetrate any tank the germans have at the moment.

Elephant have 100% accuracy advantage. When I sue Elephant against ISU-152. Ele ALWAYS wins. Especially with scopes equipped.
11 May 2014, 02:43 AM

How about this to satisfy the german players who are butthurt by t1 soviet snipers lets make the ostwind 270 manpower and 95 fuel?
11 May 2014, 06:24 AM

Because now being in green cover doesn't mean as much as it did in previous patch, due to the weapons profile changes I guess. So yeah, Con spam > Gren spam now, shock troops rule unchallanged the infantry battles again no matter how they are attacking, everything is back as it was and the tactical feeling is severely reduced.

I disagree about the shock troops part, considering their armor has been reduced staying at range, setting up dbl mg42s, or getting an upgunned scout car easily holds them at bay, so they are not a major issue imo. Though on maps like stalingrad it can become a problem. (Which is why I veto that map as the Ostheer.)
11 May 2014, 07:57 AM

Am I crazy or are the LoS's totally borked on Rails and Metal? Had a pretty bad game against ISUs, which I tried to counter with eles but it didn't work because my ele could never get a shot at them. Well not never, but it would frequently have actual LOS against them from it's own scope, yet be unable to fire. I had to practically move it past the mid VP to actually get a shot, which was inadvisable for obvious reasons.
11 May 2014, 08:30 AM

Am I crazy or are the LoS's totally borked on Rails and Metal? Had a pretty bad game against ISUs, which I tried to counter with eles but it didn't work because my ele could never get a shot at them. Well not never, but it would frequently have actual LOS against them from it's own scope, yet be unable to fire. I had to practically move it past the mid VP to actually get a shot, which was inadvisable for obvious reasons.

LoS on R&M is bugged in the same way the langres hedges are. attack ground should solve the problem.
12 May 2014, 08:47 AM

Permanently Banned
Oh shock troops have arrived on the field. Let me call in a German heavy infantry unit. OH WAIT THERE ISNT ONE
12 May 2014, 09:08 AM

Oh shock troops have arrived on the field. Let me call in a German heavy infantry unit. OH WAIT THERE ISNT ONE

If germans only had a cheap infantry squad with lets say great, rapid firing long range upgrade that actually gained penetration the closer opponent infantry is and maybe, but just maybe if germans had something like a car that could be armored and could wipe shocks in 15 seconds reliably after its upgrade, hell wouldn't that be great?

But too bad we don't have these and you are forced to use osttruppen and unupgraded grens only until tiger arrives, because its a common knowledge and an obvious fact that germans have only 2 units.

Right?

Stop whining already, your whine is on such level that it seems accurate to assume you loose to normal AI.

Have you ever considered the possibility that if you loose to basically everything(because you call everything OP) its because you're a fucking noob with no slightest hope of improving?

Try easier games, like drawing lines in paint or making squares with your mouse on desktop, because CoH2 is definitely too difficult for someone like you.
Neo
12 May 2014, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 09:08 AMKatitof

If germans only had a cheap infantry squad with lets say great, rapid firing long range upgrade that actually gained penetration the closer opponent infantry is and maybe, but just maybe if germans had something like a car that could be armored and could wipe shocks in 15 seconds reliably after its upgrade, hell wouldn't that be great?

But too bad we don't have these and you are forced to use osttruppen and unupgraded grens only until tiger arrives, because its a common knowledge and an obvious fact that germans have only 2 units.

While it's true that Katitof has the social skills of a thermonuclear weapon and generally behaves like a bit of an obnoxious ass, he makes a good point.

If we have asymmetrical balance, stop expecting each faction to have the exact equivalent of something the other has.

Just like threads demanding Soviets get shreck equivalents are silly, the idea that pgrens are supposed to be shock equivalents is also misguided: Relic specifically said this is not what they wanted to happen and the fact that it was the case for a while is an expression of the fact that pgrens were overperforming.

That said, Germans have lots of highly viable counters to shock troops - I much prefer to fight vs. shock troops than most other Soviet builds. Anything with wheels is a good starting point :)
12 May 2014, 09:48 AM

Official forums - Tombking. Brilliant post :) :) :)

"Hi Guys,

this threat istn about a specific unit or tactic its more about the 20 other threats below that. Or to say it different: How to counter all this "omg i cant play so pls nerf everything!" Just as a few short example that u cant find right at the first page:

1. Panzerschrecks are to strong...yeah...a 120 ammo upgrade which makes my panzergren squad rather useless against infantry is doing his job. ****ing imbalanced!
2. Opelblitz is to strong. I cant look at the minimap so its absolutely invisible for me and my stupid mates!
3. Elefant is OP. It only cost as much as my squadwiping ISU and can kill it? Are u kidding me! Remove it from the game. I lost several tanks against it and it so unfair that they let the germans have an AT-Tank after they nerfed the Stug and the Panther to the ground!.
4. Fragmentation bombing run CAN CAUSE squdwipes! NERF IT RELIC! I DONT WONNA LEARN TO PLAY!

I guess you got my thought^^. Right atm the game is even worse that it was ever before. MTW quitted the game and my clan is dyieng too because we dont wonna be completely frustrated (when we play germans) or bored (when we play russians).

So how can we stop this sowjet cry me a river forum spammers?

PS: i thought about preordering the western armies expansion but thanks to the patch politics of Relic i wont do it because i dont wonna reward this club of clowns for doing a crap tone of **** (or what they called "balancing")"
12 May 2014, 15:50 PM

Official forums - Tombking. Brilliant post :) :) :)

"Hi Guys,

this threat istn about a specific unit or tactic its more about the 20 other threats below that. Or to say it different: How to counter all this "omg i cant play so pls nerf everything!" Just as a few short example that u cant find right at the first page:

1. Panzerschrecks are to strong...yeah...a 120 ammo upgrade which makes my panzergren squad rather useless against infantry is doing his job. ****ing imbalanced!
2. Opelblitz is to strong. I cant look at the minimap so its absolutely invisible for me and my stupid mates!
3. Elefant is OP. It only cost as much as my squadwiping ISU and can kill it? Are u kidding me! Remove it from the game. I lost several tanks against it and it so unfair that they let the germans have an AT-Tank after they nerfed the Stug and the Panther to the ground!.
4. Fragmentation bombing run CAN CAUSE squdwipes! NERF IT RELIC! I DONT WONNA LEARN TO PLAY!

I guess you got my thought^^. Right atm the game is even worse that it was ever before. MTW quitted the game and my clan is dyieng too because we dont wonna be completely frustrated (when we play germans) or bored (when we play russians).

So how can we stop this sowjet cry me a river forum spammers?

PS: i thought about preordering the western armies expansion but thanks to the patch politics of Relic i wont do it because i dont wonna reward this club of clowns for doing a crap tone of **** (or what they called "balancing")"

You should date Katitof.
12 May 2014, 16:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Opel Blitz + Cache has been "OP" for it cost and how it benefits the whole team. But that´s the nature of big teamgames.
12 May 2014, 16:29 PM

Permanently Banned
Hahaha, if ever wanting to end up with something that is strong in the game, soon you better put weapons of ink-paint...

The Ele daam is good, yeah, but to slow and have the problem of the maps objects... ISU too...

One simgle AT do the job versus the Ele (that dont kill nothing, only tanks), but the ISU kill all... I prefer the Tiger, the Ele is just for Tank, soo is much hard and complexy to use versus a good enemy, the ISU devast all infantry, AT and tank's, big advantage...

I want know how the game have this issues, 1 155mm shot that dont kill infantry and AT, and other 1 155mm shot that kill infantry and AT...

12 May 2014, 16:33 PM

No, it's not. I've probably played close to 50 matches this patch (Mostly 2v2 and 3v3), about 20 as soviets, 30 as germans. I've encountered the ISU very frequently and yes, it penetrates the elefant every single shot. I've also used the ISU for a few of those matches. It does and if you don't believe me, try playing Jaeger Armor. The ISU is simply a better unit. It can penetrate any tank the germans have at the moment.

Pure nonsense.
Absolute shit.

ISU-152 penetration is 230. Elefants frontal armor IS 400!

That's a 57% to penetrate.

Tigers armor is 300

76% chance to penetrate.

Panthers armor is 270
that's an 85 percent chance to penetrate.

Keep in mind that range is not taken into account.

Elephants gun has 400 penetration. It can reliably penetrate every . single. soviet tank 100% of the time.

The highest soviet tank is the IS-2 with 351 frontal armor.

Also i have 0 clue why SSheini is complaining about cover meaning less.
THere have been ZERO adjustments to cover.

Honestly, i really hope relic knows what they are doing and wont fuck up again having listened to people like SSheini... Who told us that G43 grens lose to ppsh conscripts 100% before the march deployment. Who said that the game needs minor adjustments and even then complained because the soviets had OP things during march deployment and now they are complaining like crazy because they cannot spam grens and actually have to use tactics to win...

Also, FYI conspam is supposed to be feasible. Con spam is one of the ways the soviet faction is supposed to be played. Now obviously LOL SOVIETS OP BECAUSE THEY CAN DO THIS AND GERMANS CANT.
Ever heard of assymetrical faction design?
Relic themselves said that SOVIET TIER UNITS ARE TO BE MORE EFFECTIVE THAN GERMAN ONES BECAUSE GERMANS WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE COUNTER AVAILABLE TO THEM.

Also lol someone thinking stugs were nerfed... Jesus dude.. WTF....

Also is someone complaing that shock troops are too effective?
Let me tell you how to counter shock troops.
You need to buy 2 grenadier squads OR you can get an LMG 42 on your grenadier squad. Unless its a close quarter map, shock troops have no chance.

Panther is only not worth it now due to call ins being too dominant. If anything it got a buff. At long range it nearly beats an IS-2 due to higher penetrationl.

In 1v1 the game is almost balanced. The only issues right now are soviet mines, ISU-152, and ele (in team games)
12 May 2014, 16:51 PM

Try attack ground next time
12 May 2014, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 16:33 PMBurts

Pure nonsense.
Absolute shit.

Tigers armor is 300

76% chance to penetrate.

Panthers armor is 270

Elephants gun has 400 penetration. It can reliably penetrate every . single. soviet tank 100% of the time.

Honestly, i really hope relic knows what they are doing and wont fuck up again having listened to people like SSheini... Who told us that G43 grens lose to ppsh conscripts 100% before the march deployment. Who said that the game needs minor adjustments and even then complained because the soviets had OP things during march deployment and now they are complaining like crazy because they cannot spam grens and actually have to use tactics to win...

Also, FYI conspam is supposed to be feasible. Con spam is one of the ways the soviet faction is supposed to be played. Now obviously LOL SOVIETS OP BECAUSE THEY CAN DO THIS AND GERMANS CANT.
Relic themselves said that SOVIET TIER UNITS ARE TO BE MORE EFFECTIVE THAN GERMAN ONES BECAUSE GERMANS WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE COUNTER AVAILABLE TO THEM.

You need to buy 2 grenadier squads OR you can get an LMG 42 on your grenadier squad. Unless its a close quarter map, shock troops have no chance.

Panther is only not worth it now due to call ins being too dominant. If anything it got a buff. At long range it nearly beats an IS-2 due to higher penetrationl.

In 1v1 the game is almost balanced. The only issues right now are soviet mines, ISU-152, and ele (in team games)

I am really glad you posted this, I am sick of being one of the few who uses logic like this to argue
raw
12 May 2014, 17:49 PM

except any german infantry in cover. if you think shock troops are anything but overpriced worthless pieces of shit, you have no idea how to play the game.
12 May 2014, 17:50 PM

Pure nonsense.
Absolute shit.

Tigers armor is 300

76% chance to penetrate.

Panthers armor is 270

+1
12 May 2014, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 17:49 PMraw

except any german infantry in cover. if you think shock troops are anything but overpriced worthless pieces of shit, you have no idea how to play the game.

He screamed soviets op in march deployment patch.
That does say something about his "skill".
13 May 2014, 05:52 AM

Use your brains. The changes did to infantry units in terms of accuracy, moving accuracy etc diminished big time the cover effect so it's not like they changed ANYTHING ABOUT COVER. This was done because soviets could not brainlessly charge anymore with shocks and whatever whithout regard to cover. It was a good change, game felt verry tactical. The only thing they should have done was fix pioneers and a minor dps nerf to german small arms. They changed other things instead and now we got ourselves back to a similar system to what it was before 25 march. Now it's clearer? Apparently to few liked the tactical system that march patch proposed, and for that reason Relic did in such way that it diminished its effects in such extent that now are barely perceptible.

No, but instead is listening to soviet fanboys nonsenses and whinings and I can guarantee you, the patches changes are proving this. The G43 DID LOSE to PPSH conscripts before 25 march and anyone said different was never in such a combat situation. You will say that you were. I tell you from now this is bullshit. nobody stood at distance if they used a ppsh against a g43 right? I never said soviets were OP after march patch. I said that german faction felt a little OP and some minor changes were needed (not nerfings tot the ground like now and buffings to some soviet units).

Really? Really? Oh, why didn't you say so? Oh my God now I can counter shocks, yopeee!!!

Ok, I'll tellya what I will do to your 2 gren squads with my shocks. 1 - rush in close quarter to one squad while throwing a grenade in the other gren squad. (tip: did ya know that if you give the throwing grenade command after the moving command the animation will be difficult to spot by your opponent? If you don't know why, just go back to vCoh and see some examples with riflemen and volks and you'll understand, I don't want to write that much now). Ok... the rushed squad will die pretty quickly and the hit by grenade one will currently have at most 2 models. The winner is obvious now, isn't it. As for lmg gren squad, I wouldn't even bother to explain anything to you. You shouldn't even seriously think at this as a counter. A properly used shock squad cannot be hit by a rifle nade. And even if it was, what damage it will do as long as now a rifle gren kills one - maybe two maxim models? It's hilarious at list.
The problem is that shock troops can't be countered but by much expensive counterpart units and by no type of german infantry whatsoever.

I almost agree on this one but only to the first proposition. Elefant it's ok, but if ISU gets its range nerfed so should the Elefant.

P.S. Soviet fanboys, attaaaack! :lolol:
13 May 2014, 07:49 AM

SSHeini, if you believe infantry play is heavily unbalanced now, you are the only fan boy around here. Its closer than ever.

You really need to take a look at all your own posts. All you do is cry for German buffs. If you have any serious concearns, I honestly encourage you to post a replay. Im sure we can help with your infantry /combined arms use.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 60
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak