Login

russian armor

The new Stug IIIG

30 Apr 2014, 00:16 AM

revert the stug!
30 Apr 2014, 01:00 AM

I used one and got level 3 vet on it pretty quick. Level one gives you stun ability which allows you to move you pak at gun into range. You also can use panzer Faust and shrecks to Finnish the tank off.

It's a great tank for when you do not have enough fuel for a p4 but need mobile at to take advantage of a situation immediately that will allow you to push the fuel points.

I think most german players do not like it cause they exploited the balance for so long they always had enough fuel to buy better tanks. Now they have to actually build an at gun and a stug when they get off balance a bit.

L2p adapt to a balanced game.
30 Apr 2014, 01:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The old STUG E was great for the price and ok if you remembered to use it as what it was, which was Brummbar light. If you tried to use as it the STUG Gs little brother and fight tanks with it you were going to be disappointed.

If you did not tech in that doctrine you would have fuel and manpower (and frankly nothing better to spend them on until Tigers) that you easily have 4 to 6 and keep near permanent field presence with them.
30 Apr 2014, 05:33 AM

The old STUG E was great for the price and ok if you remembered to use it as what it was, which was Brummbar light. If you tried to use as it the STUG Gs little brother and fight tanks with it you were going to be disappointed.

What E were you using? The StuG G was better at killing infantry than the E was. The E had no purpose and no reason to exist. You could literally attack-move an E at a Conscript Squad and they'll be able to cap 2-3 sectors with it following them before they actually get hurt enough to consider retreating!

Source: Myself, making Conscripts snatch a Munitions point and a Territory as a StuG E followed them around shooting the entire time. Only fell back because 3 bunched up in a very small area and the E scored a jackpot hit and took out half the squad. If that hadn't happened, I could've stayed there longer.
30 Apr 2014, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 23:47 PMTri86

i prefer the old stug but w/e a lot of people seem happy with this version so i guess i need to drink hard liquor and cry about my favorite video game unit or adapt i dunno.

+1.

This ain't the only unit they messed up. P IV is ridiculous now (have you seen its AI performance? It's pathetic. And against tanks its performance is even lower) and the panther is bugged not having the proper AP.
So what am I supposed to use, now when soviet tanks are better? They should not have nerfed german armor, they should have just buffed the soviet one, or the other way around. Nerfing german armor while buffing the soviet armor cannot lead but to an unbalanced result. Which is what we have now.

In short:
- Stug is no more a self-propelled AT gun, now is something between a horse and a mule ("good" on infantry meaning that it has a chance to kill a couple of models from a...oh yes.. 6 men squad, while its AT performances decreased considerable compared to what soviet armor is in present) - to those saying "so what"? please read on internet sources what Stug III G used to be; I am not delighted by the cost decrease like others, I prefer to have a fair price for something I can use instead having a small price for a shit.
- P4 and Panther as said above adding the fact that Panther is currently an expensive bad idea.
- Didn't use tiger call-in yet so I don't know if they messed up this unit too. Even if they didn't, now tiger comes at a tone of CPs and Elefant too. So virtually when you have the proper units to stop the soviet armor avalanche, the game is potentially lost.

Some of you will say "use combined arms", use combos like P4 + ostwind, stug + tiger, and others in order to have a well rounded force. May I ask you then why only german faction needs to use combined arms while soviet one needs just spamming?. They spammed cons or maxims before. Then for a while no spamming would work and they needed to use combined arms and crying all day on forums. All this crying paid off and now they can spam more cons, maxims AND T34s with no control. For what a T34 does, the price is to low, believe me.

From what I saw, the only chance to win against soviets this patch in 2v2 and 3v3 is to deny their fuel as much as possible in order to prevent early or mass tank production. In a balanced situation (1 fuel point at german team, 1 fuel point at the soviet team, at an equal number of caches) german team will most probably lose because of the unbalanced tank solutions.

Now feel free to soviet troll or call me a nazi fanboy whatever. Actually these official forums are so full of disguised soviet fanboys that are making me sick.

30 Apr 2014, 06:35 AM

+1.

This ain't the only unit they messed up. P IV is ridiculous now (have you seen its AI performance? It's pathetic. And against tanks its performance is even lower) and the panther is bugged not having the proper AP.
So what am I supposed to use, now when soviet tanks are better? They should not have nerfed german armor, they should have just buffed the soviet one, or the other way around. Nerfing german armor while buffing the soviet armor cannot lead but to an unbalanced result. Which is what we have now.

In short:
- Stug is no more a self-propelled AT gun, now is something between a horse and a mule ("good" on infantry meaning that it has a chance to kill a couple of models from a...oh yes.. 6 men squad, while its AT performances decreased considerable compared to what soviet armor is in present) - to those saying "so what"? please read on internet sources what Stug III G used to be; I am not delighted by the cost decrease like others, I prefer to have a fair price for something I can use instead having a small price for a shit.
- P4 and Panther as said above adding the fact that Panther is currently an expensive bad idea.
- Didn't use tiger call-in yet so I don't know if they messed up this unit too. Even if they didn't, now tiger comes at a tone of CPs and Elefant too. So virtually when you have the proper units to stop the soviet armor avalanche, the game is potentially lost.

Some of you will say "use combined arms", use combos like P4 + ostwind, stug + tiger, and others in order to have a well rounded force. May I ask you then why only german faction needs to use combined arms while soviet one needs just spamming?. They spammed cons or maxims before. Then for a while no spamming would work and they needed to use combined arms and crying all day on forums. All this crying paid off and now they can spam more cons, maxims AND T34s with no control. For what a T34 does, the price is to low, believe me.

From what I saw, the only chance to win against soviets this patch in 2v2 and 3v3 is to deny their fuel as much as possible in order to prevent early or mass tank production. In a balanced situation (1 fuel point at german team, 1 fuel point at the soviet team, at an equal number of caches) german team will most probably lose because of the unbalanced tank solutions.

Now feel free to soviet troll or call me a nazi fanboy whatever. Actually these official forums are so full of disguised soviet fanboys that are making me sick.

it must really suck to have to earn those victories now huh?
30 Apr 2014, 06:57 AM

+1.

April 24th patch notes:

Panzer IV

Armor from 160 to 180
Rear armor from 80 to 90
Reload from 5.75 to 5.3-5.7

Vehicle Top Gunner

Increased damage output of vehicle top gunners, previously the upgrade added little value to the unit.

Ostwind

Armor from 105 to 110
Rear armor from 52.5 to 55
Penetration from 35 to 40
Cooldown from 0.6 to 0.5-0.7
Distance scatter max from 2.15 to 2.9
Manpower from 320 to 280
Fuel from 115 to 100

Ostwind saw a cost decrease along with those buffs. I wouldn't call these changes nerfs. The soviet units were just buffed also to compensate.

One thing that I agree on though is that the StuG's AI role makes no sense because the StuG was pretty much a tank destroyer.

Now, go try out some soviet 1v1s please.
30 Apr 2014, 07:17 AM

+1.

In short:

i don't think they messed it up, it just has slightly a different role now. i don't like it but its not a big deal.
30 Apr 2014, 07:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 06:57 AMTNrg

April 24th patch notes:

Panzer IV

Armor from 160 to 180
Rear armor from 80 to 90
Reload from 5.75 to 5.3-5.7

Vehicle Top Gunner

Increased damage output of vehicle top gunners, previously the upgrade added little value to the unit.

Ostwind

Armor from 105 to 110
Rear armor from 52.5 to 55
Penetration from 35 to 40
Cooldown from 0.6 to 0.5-0.7
Distance scatter max from 2.15 to 2.9
Manpower from 320 to 280
Fuel from 115 to 100

Ostwind saw a cost decrease along with those buffs. I wouldn't call these changes nerfs. The soviet units were just buffed also to compensate.

One thing that I agree on though is that the StuG's AI role makes no sense because the StuG was pretty much a tank destroyer.

Now, go try out some soviet 1v1s please.

Don't have a problem with 1v1. That seems pretty balanced.
There is one other thing I observed. All my losses in 2v2 were implying at list 1 opponent playing lend lease commander while actually never had a victory against it. Could this one be OP? The fuel price for sherman doesn't seem to bother due to air supply drop, I build shermans with no problem at list 3 per game (when playing soviets I tried exclusively this doctrine and it's verry, verry efficient).

P.S. Sorry for the big off topic post.
30 Apr 2014, 07:42 AM

Love the new stug. Knowing how to micro an su85 pre-april patch against flanking tanks translate well to stug microing. It's especially rewarding towards unsuspecting infantry that think stug is ineffective at AI. It's AT can still penetrate against Sov tanks as well.

ehhh not quite. the su-85 has way more health so its easier to manage.
30 Apr 2014, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 07:42 AMTri86

ehhh not quite. the su-85 has way more health so its easier to manage.

That way more health translates to 1 more tank/pak shot and since by the time ZiS fires 3 shots, Pak will fire 4, the survivability against those isn't really different and fuel difference is 40.
This is greater then between T70 and T34.
30 Apr 2014, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 08:21 AMKatitof

That way more health translates to 1 more tank/pak shot and since by the time ZiS fires 3 shots, Pak will fire 4, the survivability against those isn't really different and fuel difference is 40.
This is greater then between T70 and T34.

who would let their su-85 take 4 pak shots? if it takes one i back up immediately. 1 more tank shot is a lot when it comes to maneuvering out of a flank. they usually happen real fast and the more time i can have the better. totally worth the extra resources imo.
30 Apr 2014, 09:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 08:31 AMTri86

who would let their su-85 take 4 pak shots? .

Just noobs.
30 Apr 2014, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 08:31 AMTri86

who would let their su-85 take 4 pak shots? if it takes one i back up immediately. 1 more tank shot is a lot when it comes to maneuvering out of a flank. they usually happen real fast and the more time i can have the better. totally worth the extra resources imo.

I don't think you could get even further from my point...
30 Apr 2014, 09:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 09:42 AMKatitof

I don't think you could get even further from my point...

which is..?

katitties don't leave me hangin buddy i wanna understand you.
30 Apr 2014, 10:00 AM

stugs are fucking crazy good now.

Much better than they were last patch.
30 Apr 2014, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 10:00 AMBurts
stugs are fucking crazy good now.

Much better than they were last patch.

hey man thats cool you like them. you mentioned this like 3 times already i think i understand your position.
30 Apr 2014, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 10:21 AMTri86

hey man thats cool you like them. you mentioned this like 3 times already i think i understand your position.

well, i think everyone should like them, because they are borderline OP .

pros +
good vs infantry
good vs tanks (due to higher range againts everything but the isu-152, su-85 and su-76)
cheap as hell (only 80 fuel)
great vet 1 ability ( and they vet up faster now because they kill infantry)

cons
1.400 hp(however it the 400 hp nerf was only a nerf againts ptrs and anti tank grenades, you still need 3 is-2 shots, 3 zis shots to take them out)
2. somewhat valnurable to flanking (but since they are super cheap it's not easy to flank em because you can get 2-3 of them)

So in essence we get something that's better than the t-34 in anti tank, and comparable in anti infantry (somewhat worse) all while being cheaper.

That's why i love them, i think everyone should love em too.
And please dont nerf stugs. Stugs being playable just makes me happy.

Also, SSHeini, german armour was also buffed. PIV armor got increased,tigers AI got increased, elephants pen got increased, stug was buffed , ostwind was made cheaper.

Guess somepeople just can't handle having equal armor for both factions.
30 Apr 2014, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 09:57 AMTri86

which is..?

katitties don't leave me hangin buddy i wanna understand you.

Survivability against AT guns of stug and SU-85 is pretty much the same.
Less health is "compensated" by ZiS firing much slower, giving you pretty much the same time to react and retreat.

And there is still 40fu difference in advantage of StuG.

There is absoolutely nothing wrong with StuG, if anything, its probably too strong for the price, but thats not my own opinion, its top german players opinion.
30 Apr 2014, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 23:28 PMTri86

i see you misspelled stugs and awesome. was that intentional? i think it makes you look like a badass internet troll. why don't you like anime?

I really thought it was stuGG, sorry omg.
Sorry I said ̈owesome instead of awesome.

Please forgive me.

E: Grammar Nazi, please look into your own posts first, they are from a pretty low level.
If you come up with something constructive, you can always correct and pick on me.

Thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 63
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak