Login

russian armor

Same old Rubbish Game Mechanics

25 Apr 2014, 08:45 AM

Just tried playing this patch as I haven't played since Tiger Ace was released.

Still -

a. Mortars and MG's don't pack up correctly and just burn to the ground if molotov thrown on them
b. Cons with PPSH easily beat PGrens unupgraded, this doesn't make sense due to the cost disparity
c. SU85 still reverses faster then any German tank can go forward, lol
d. Heroic bullshit fausts and AT nades
e. Soviet strafe that wipes all your infantry
f. StuG is still worthless peace of shit and is two shot by SU85

Basically I can't see anywhere where Germans have an advantage?
25 Apr 2014, 08:47 AM

They are not supposed to. The game needs to be as balanced as possible. I cant't say you're right or wrong, I didn't play enough to analyze the balance.
25 Apr 2014, 09:05 AM

Still -

a. Mortars and MG's don't pack up correctly and just burn to the ground if molotov thrown on them
b. Cons with PPSH easily beat PGrens unupgraded, this doesn't make sense due to the cost disparity

a. Is really a serious problem at the time... Sometimes that thing packs up in about a second and run Forrest run but most of the time the gunner seems to wait for the fire to stop itself before running away.
b. Well if you're in green cover from a distance they won't be able to come in close range unless they want to lose at least 3 men.
c. All I can say is:

d. Well it seems like they have improved at least this. IMO more AT nades just bounce of the tank than pre patch.
e. Can be true but sometimes the Ivan in the plane is just full of vodka missing every shot lol.
f. Honestly I liked the StuG pre patch. Now it really is very weak. Although the StuG E is pretty good after all I've read. I don't know, I don't have that commander.
25 Apr 2014, 09:09 AM

Permanently Banned
They are not supposed to. The game needs to be as balanced as possible. I cant't say you're right or wrong, I didn't play enough to analyze the balance.
+

Don't forget to play both factions ;)

German fanboy whining?

a. Try to press "T"
b. Finally, germans also need to use cover. It's just fair that your Pgrens die if you micro them in a bad way
c. SU 85 still gets raped by anything flanking it. For example Shrecks or even a PzIV is enough
d. agree
e. Sturmovik recently got nerfed. What else can Sovjet do against german Infantry spam if not Strafe or KV-8?
f. StuG is now not longer a tankdestroyer but an assault gun. It can kill infantry now really well

Germany still has the advantage of getting superb units even without choosing a doctrine ;)
25 Apr 2014, 09:34 AM

Still -

You can move out before molotov lands. Usually being in close vincinity of non pinned conscripts ends bad for weapon teams, one might have think you could get that after 10 months.

PPsh are good only for close range, STG44s are good at all ranges. The days of a-moving pgrens into other infantry are over. Adapt.

Which is funny, because it have less speed then any german tank except tiger and ele.

If you aren't carefull, you will get fausted. L2P issue here.

If you have 4 models in squad, but 10% healthbar its time to retreat. No, really, its time to retreat.

SU-85 is a dedicated tank destroyer.
StuG is infantry support gun to support infantry against light armor.

Which means the patch did its job, because neither faction is supposed to have any advantages.
Its called equality and balance.
25 Apr 2014, 09:50 AM

Sometimes its really weird. I have no problem if you have to insta retreat when cons come into molorange against weopon teams, my problem is the inconsistency.

Sometimes the man with the weopon dies, and the next takes 5 seconds to even start the packup animation. Maybe the Molotov screws with their pathing? Because sometimes the man with the weopon dies, and the next one immediatly picks it up and runs away.
25 Apr 2014, 10:02 AM

+

Don't forget to play both factions ;)

Don't forget to jump in a river with a T34 shoved in your ass.
25 Apr 2014, 10:08 AM

I don't see what jumping in a river adds to that. A T34 shoved into your body is already a fatal condition.
25 Apr 2014, 10:14 AM

I don't see what jumping in a river adds to that. A T34 shoved into your body is already a fatal condition.

Figure of speech, of course I wouldn't want this to happen to him even if he's insolent.
25 Apr 2014, 10:16 AM

Still -

Haha, because they don't have an advantage. They are equal factions now.

Also, pgrens will beat ppsh cons unless you use them stupidly and let ppsh cons close in without taking damage...
25 Apr 2014, 10:25 AM

Permanently Banned

Figure of speech, of course I wouldn't want this to happen to him even if he's insolent.

This kind of posts really show your anger and your incapibility to discuss without personal insults... Sad :) but head on with your fanboyism

I think threads like these show that players just don't want to adapt to new conditions.
25 Apr 2014, 10:27 AM
Patrion 14

As stated above: Stug is no longer at unit. Now performs well against infantry, and light vehicles. Is also really cheap compared to the other tanks. Just dont use them to try and kill tanks.
25 Apr 2014, 10:32 AM

This kind of posts really show your anger and your incapibility to discuss without personal insults... Sad :) but head on with your fanboyism

I think threads like these show that players just don't want to adapt to new conditions.

and u are sooooo enjoying it, lol
Neo
25 Apr 2014, 10:39 AM

Just a reminder of SSHeini's experience with both factions:

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198090176100
25 Apr 2014, 10:41 AM

Ignored from now on. Gl & Hf.:thumb:
25 Apr 2014, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 10:39 AMNeo

when did he join the forum?
25 Apr 2014, 10:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 10:39 AMNeo

Oh, you too, sir.
25 Apr 2014, 10:53 AM
Benefactor 115

Nope

SU85

Max Speed: 5.7

Panzer 4

Max Speed: 6.3

Panther

Max Speed: 6.6

Speed going forward and speed going backwards uses the same top speed value

Stats from: http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/
25 Apr 2014, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sometimes its really weird. I have no problem if you have to insta retreat when cons come into molorange against weopon teams, my problem is the inconsistency.

Sometimes the man with the weopon dies, and the next takes 5 seconds to even start the packup animation. Maybe the Molotov screws with their pathing? Because sometimes the man with the weopon dies, and the next one immediatly picks it up and runs away.

The best/worst situation you can ever get early game.
25 Apr 2014, 11:33 AM

You have problem with SU85? Bring its hardcounter!! Bring the ELEFANT! :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 22
Germany 1
Germany 619

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L