Login

russian armor

Same old Rubbish Game Mechanics

1 May 2014, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 09:34 AMKatitof

You can move out before molotov lands. Usually being in close vincinity of non pinned conscripts ends bad for weapon teams, one might have think you could get that after 10 months.

Yeah we all know how extremely easy that is to do every single time, when you combine packing up issues, true sight, and oorah.

PPsh are good only for close range, STG44s are good at all ranges. The days of a-moving pgrens into other infantry are over. Adapt.

Except now the PGren durability nerf means they get picked off from distance, meanwhile PPSH is good enough to still win pretty often up close. If you think PGrens > upgraded conscripts right now, you haven't played enough. Bundled grenade is their only saving grace right now and its pretty expensive for an already munitions intensive faction. The only scenario where PGrens consistently win engagements now (without using bundled nades) is sitting in cover and firing at a squad that is closing them through red or no cover.

Which is funny, because it have less speed then any german tank except tiger and ele.

But after the blitzkrieg nerf its still almost as fast. Sure the faster German tank will eventually get behind it, but only after is almost dead anyway.

If you aren't carefull, you will get fausted. L2P issue here.

Not an L2P issue at all, the infinite range AT nades and fausts have been retarded since day 1, and still are.

If you have 4 models in squad, but 10% healthbar its time to retreat. No, really, its time to retreat.

Strafe is ok, first sensible thing you've said.

SU-85 is a dedicated tank destroyer.
StuG is infantry support gun to support infantry against light armor.

Which was a pretty pointless change since Ostwind is already a infantry and light armor killer.

Which means the patch did its job, because neither faction is supposed to have any advantages.
Its called equality and balance.

Are you kidding? All factions are supposed to have their own unique advantages in a good RTS, hell even some FPS games too. CoH1 Germans had more off map artillery, the veterancy system made it easier to replace lost units, and they had better late game tanks. The Americans had better (though harder to earn) vet, better on map artillery, and T1 upgrades made their basic infantry unit one of the most versatile units in the game compared to the more niche nature of the WM units. In RO2 Rising Storm the Americans get far better weapons, but its fair because the Japanese spawn in very defensible positions. I could go on and on about the faction strengths and weaknesses in War Thunder, and how they balance each other out, but I'm not going to bother. Symmetrical balance in a strategy game is a fucking joke.
1 May 2014, 14:42 PM
Patrion 14

Are you still trying to convince yourself that CoH2 is a good game and worth all the money you have spent on it? Let me tell you something for nothing, CoH2 is rubbish and so are you.

Thanks for the valuable advice, it's dully noted. If you have any other remarks a 5yo kid would make, please do so and be done with this shit.
1 May 2014, 14:53 PM

If you have any other remarks a 5yo kid would make, please do so and be done with this shit.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
1 May 2014, 15:00 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2014, 14:53 PMCruzz

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

That's what I'm talking about ^^
raw
1 May 2014, 15:10 PM

Pathfinding (especially vehicles) is super bad again. I had light vehicles stuck on a tree, a stone, another unit... Tanks repeatedly driving into a tree and playing carousel when receiving a move order.
1 May 2014, 15:12 PM

@Basilone

No, each faction is supposed to have UNIQUE playstyle. Germans still have advantage in AT infantry and long range combat.

Neither is supposed to have any advantages. We've had that kind of balance for past 10 months, didn't proved to be working.

CoH1 balance also isn't important at all, because its not CoH1, its CoH2, the new game.
1 May 2014, 15:13 PM
Benefactor 115

But after the blitzkrieg nerf its still almost as fast. Sure the faster German tank will eventually get behind it, but only after is almost dead anyway.

Nope

SU85

Max Speed: 5.7

Panzer 4

Max Speed: 6.3

Panther

Max Speed: 6.6

Speed going forward and speed going backwards uses the same top speed value

Stats from: http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/

for illustrative purposes the sherman is 6.7 and thats only a 0.1 difference between the sherman and the panther. A difference of 0.6 and 0.9 is massive.
1 May 2014, 16:34 PM

You have a family dog you should be grateful you don't enjoy CoH2, more time to enjoy your family!
1 May 2014, 16:47 PM

Nope

SU85

Max Speed: 5.7

Panzer 4

Max Speed: 6.3

Panther

Max Speed: 6.6

Speed going forward and speed going backwards uses the same top speed value

Stats from: http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/

for illustrative purposes the sherman is 6.7 and thats only a 0.1 difference between the sherman and the panther. A difference of 0.6 and 0.9 is massive.

Thats a difference of only ~10% and 15%. Reversing SU85 gets off several shots before tank gets behind it. Panther with its higher range and armor usually beats a unsupported SU85, but Pz4 doesn't stand a chance after blitzkrieg change unless he runs out of room to reverse. Using true sight to flank is too risky because if he can't see you that means you can't see his lurking conscripts that are just waiting to AT nade you and then its lights out.

@Basilone

No, each faction is supposed to have UNIQUE playstyle. Germans still have advantage in AT infantry and long range combat.

Neither is supposed to have any advantages. We've had that kind of balance for past 10 months, didn't proved to be working.

CoH1 balance also isn't important at all, because its not CoH1, its CoH2, the new game.

A) I never said CoH2 is symmetrically balanced because it isn't, but you seem to think it should be and thats terrible idea.

B) Well we had balance like that in CoH1, and it worked great. Such a broad statement to make too, with zero evidence whatsoever that faction strenghts and weaknesses are to blame for imbalance. We also had infinite range AT nades and lack of non doctrinal conscript weapon upgrades this entire time, I could just as easily blame any imbalances on that.

C) I never was talking about CoH1 balance, I was talking about games where factions had strenghts and weaknesses and the game was still balanced. CoH1 was just one example I used, and like it or not CoH2 is a sequel so it should work in a similar way.
2 May 2014, 12:49 PM
Patrion 14

Reversing SU85 gets off several shots before tank gets behind it. Panther with its higher range and armor usually beats a unsupported SU85, but Pz4 doesn't stand a chance after blitzkrieg change unless he runs out of room to reverse. Using true sight to flank is too risky because if he can't see you that means you can't see his lurking conscripts that are just waiting to AT nade you and then its lights out.
You are describing a scenario in which a Panzer IV, a medium tank, is frontally attacking a su85, a dedicated tank destroyer vulnerable to any direction except its front; and in which the Su85 has ample room to maneuver straight backwards. This is, literally, THE entire purpose of Su85. To take on medium and heavy armour head on from a safe-ish range.

Attacking cumbersome, turretless heavy tank destroyers frontally with medium armour should never result in anything except a smouldering pile of medium armour. I do not mean you, Basilone, but I've noticed there are still some players who think "flanking" an Su85 entails farming vet1, clicking the Blitzkrieg button and then moving up behind the SU through its arc of fire. This is precisely what was wrong with Blitz.
2 May 2014, 13:02 PM

yup, its pretty retarded. A shitty su-85 tank destoryer can take down my uber panzer IV 1v1. Bullshit.
2 May 2014, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2014, 13:02 PMBurts
yup, its pretty retarded. A shitty su-85 tank destoryer can take down my uber panzer IV 1v1. Bullshit.

I hope you trollin
2 May 2014, 17:06 PM

The way you counter SU-85s is with paks or by using grens to scout for your flank with faust/shrek/vehicle. People are still used to be being able to mindlessly drive around, but nothing is preventing you from using your infantry to screen for your vehicles.
3 May 2014, 11:06 AM

I suppose you don't know who mentally ill, indoctrinated, self deluded stalin worshiper sheeps are.

If you'd read some of these comments you'd noticed that not a single one of them is even related to the game.

Actually only one of the top 20 or so comments are in relation to that whole fiasco. And that trend generally continues. All the whole "Russia=Nazi" comments have been pushed down by legitimate criticisms.
3 May 2014, 12:23 PM

Actually only one of the top 20 or so comments are in relation to that whole fiasco. And that trend generally continues. All the whole "Russia=Nazi" comments have been pushed down by legitimate criticisms.

While you are right about the criticism, I hope you don't believe metacritic is so low just because of that vast minority(I bet about 1-3%).

There was a whole month where butthurt stalin worshipers in denial spammed negative metacritic after seeing youtube troll video.

These top twenty constructive comments are quite likely the only people who did played the game and placed the negative score. All others, butthurt russians.
3 May 2014, 15:23 PM

You are describing a scenario in which a Panzer IV, a medium tank, is frontally attacking a su85, a dedicated tank destroyer vulnerable to any direction except its front; and in which the Su85 has ample room to maneuver straight backwards. This is, literally, THE entire purpose of Su85. To take on medium and heavy armour head on from a safe-ish range.

Attacking cumbersome, turretless heavy tank destroyers frontally with medium armour should never result in anything except a smouldering pile of medium armour. I do not mean you, Basilone, but I've noticed there are still some players who think "flanking" an Su85 entails farming vet1, clicking the Blitzkrieg button and then moving up behind the SU through its arc of fire. This is precisely what was wrong with Blitz.

I would love to see proper tank flanking, but unfortunately this game doesn't facilitate it very well since infantry have a possible 1 hit, non interrupting, engine dmg ability. In case you haven't played CoH1 only one faction had engine damage AT, it could be kited pretty easily, it had a ~3 second timer even after it connected with the target, and it belonged to the faction with the generally inferior tanks. Don't forget button either (which was in coh1 also, but thats one of the reasons everyone hated OF).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★