Login

russian armor

Blitzkrieg is pretty useless now

PAGES (8)down
30 Apr 2014, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 10:30 AMPorygon

The result of escape to safety without and problem or effort, is due to Russian not mining, buttoning, AT nading, but not blitz.

More funny is the current patch, Sherman speed is less or equal to the old blitzing P4. <444>_<444> and some Russian player stating it promoted bad play :unsure:

No, the problem was blitz. While you could halt german tanks with button/at nade/mines, you could also halt soviet tanks with TWP/Pfaust/mines. Meanwhile germans got a get out of jail card, and soviets got.. capture point.

Face it, germans had a super easy time keeping their armor alive compared to the soviets and it had nothing to do with soviets needing to l2p. Now the playing field is even and the german training wheels are off. Live with it.
30 Apr 2014, 20:40 PM

Panther is more lethal than ever now. When they fix its penetration it will be even better.
What makes it more lethal then ever now, with less durability,higher cost, facing tougher tanks, lack of blitz and penetration not yet added. What did I miss?
30 Apr 2014, 20:51 PM

What makes it more lethal then ever now, with less durability,higher cost, facing tougher tanks, lack of blitz and penetration not yet added. What did I miss?

Penetration added, effective AT, speed, armor and health. Want me to also list the negatives of every other tank?
30 Apr 2014, 21:42 PM

penetration is not added(Unless they did already) yet and it's armor/health was nerfed and speed wasnt changed, so how does it become more lethal now then last patch. Why do you Soviet preference players work so hard to blow smoke up peoples arse?
30 Apr 2014, 22:58 PM

Changes to acceleration and how it affects other tanks + with penetration fixed I believe you will be able to almost always penetrate every Soviet armour.
So called nerf of yours is rear armour decreased by 2.5 units and health reduction by 160.
It got fuel cost increase but that happened to majority of tanks so you need to take that into account as well plus it got manpower cost decrease. Average reload time is decreased by a notch as well since it's 5.8 - 6.7 now.
So where is this nerf of yours because I don't really see any except for a broken ability finely being removed but that happened to Ram as well so hurray I guess?
30 Apr 2014, 23:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Changes to acceleration and how it affects other tanks + with penetration fixed I believe you will be able to almost always penetrate every Soviet armour.
So called nerf of yours is rear armour decreased by 2.5 units and health reduction by 160.
It got fuel cost increase but that happened to majority of tanks so you need to take that into account as well plus it got manpower cost decrease. Average reload time is decreased by a notch as well since it's 5.8 - 6.7 now.
So where is this nerf of yours because I don't really see any except for a broken ability finely being removed but that happened to Ram as well so hurray I guess?

Uhm the penetration of most of the soviet tanks got buffed so indirrectly it got nerfed.
30 Apr 2014, 23:11 PM

Yeah it can't take on 2-3 T-34/76 alone any more and that's good.
How about we come back to blitkrieg?

By the way I believe Panther's penetration is fixed now.
30 Apr 2014, 23:19 PM

Uhm the penetration of most of the soviet tanks got buffed so indirrectly it got nerfed.

If we are going down that road, here is this: ram got nerfed into oblivion so indirectly the panther (and all other german armor) got a buff, one that is many times greater than the buffs to soviet penetration.
30 Apr 2014, 23:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

If we are going down that road, here is this: ram got nerfed into oblivion so indirectly the panther (and all other german armor) got a buff, one that is many times greater than the buffs to soviet penetration.

im just saying panther has lot less staying power compared to before.
it might be mor elethal if you look at the gun only, but if you consider the whole package it is less lethal
1 May 2014, 00:08 AM

im just saying panther has lot less staying power compared to before.
it might be mor elethal if you look at the gun only, but if you consider the whole package it is less lethal

Which was the point of the changes.
Its not meant to be impenetrable behemoth and that is exactly what it was, especially at vet2.

Its still great and durable tank hunter, but its not a doom of all tanks on field anymore.
After all the goal of the patch was equalizing late game strength, which means you need to use more then just tanks to beat soviet combined arms AT.
1 May 2014, 01:36 AM

Its not meant to be impenetrable behemoth and that is exactly what it was, especially at vet2.

idk what game you're playing but it hasn't been a "impenetrable behemoth" since it was nerfed last summer. Also, for 170 fuel it should be really fucking good. If any changes were needed at all, it should've been a cost increase or a unit nerf, but like always another classic knee jerk overreaction patch change.
1 May 2014, 01:57 AM

idk what game you're playing but it hasn't been a "impenetrable behemoth" since it was nerfed last summer. Also, for 170 fuel it should be really fucking good. If any changes were needed at all, it should've been a cost increase or a unit nerf, but like always another classic knee jerk overreaction patch change.

Old Vet 2 Panther Armor Strength

351 frontal armor allows it do deflect 60% of the KV-2's 320 damage shells

351 frontal armor allows it do deflect 57% of the ISU-152's 240 damage shells

351 frontal armor allows it to deflect 52% of the IS-2's 240 damage shells

351 frontal armor allows it to deflect 52% of the SU-85's 160 damage shells

Anything crappier than that can drive off of a bridge.

And it was non-doctrinal for such a counter against heavy tanks... Yeah, no. Soviet stock tanks had no chance against the panther, especially when it can zoom around with blitz and demolish everything, and then safely blitz back.
1 May 2014, 06:15 AM

You are never going to convince the little kids of the fact that the german faction was so game breaking unbalanced. They are just mad because they cannot play Mario kart coh.2 addition any more.

Blitz gives you an edge on tanks that are already better than the oppositions. If it is only 10 percent of an edge it is still an edge. Current blitz works great. I will point it out again for the kids.

1. Tanks shoot more accurately when not moving.

So how does the current blitz give you an edge? By allowing you to accelerate instantly. This allows you to stop and go between shots. You have better mobility than your opponent while in blitz. Allows better kiteing.

2. Rivers, snow, mud and obstacles decelerate tanks.

Being able to flank at full speed across rivers, snow, mud and obstacles gives you a huge advantage. It also allows you to escape faster than enemy tanks who are chasing you down across these obstacles.

3. Response to ram and at nades increased.

Being able to quickly move out of range of the ram ability and at nades at full speed is very helpfull.

So once again I will quote all the abusers of the broken and insanely overpowered faction. L2p and adapt. You do not have relic holding your hand anymore. You have face the music and play a sort of balanced game now. Not that horse shit the soviets had to live through last patch.
Vaz
1 May 2014, 08:14 AM

I could be wrong on this, but I'm starting to notice that while all other tanks are seeing really bad accuracy on the move (both Germana and Soviet), the panther doesn't seem to be suffering as much and is able to land hits reliably on the move when facing off against armor.
6 May 2014, 03:31 AM

Permanently Banned
The problem is that the driver's are a bit drunk...

And the tank dont pass a 1mm water, a old wood, always have magic things stopping the tank, making strange moviments...
6 May 2014, 04:58 AM

You are never going to convince the little kids of the fact that the german faction was so game breaking unbalanced. They are just mad because they cannot play Mario kart coh.2 addition any more.

Blitz gives you an edge on tanks that are already better than the oppositions. If it is only 10 percent of an edge it is still an edge. Current blitz works great. I will point it out again for the kids.

1. Tanks shoot more accurately when not moving.

So how does the current blitz give you an edge? By allowing you to accelerate instantly. This allows you to stop and go between shots. You have better mobility than your opponent while in blitz. Allows better kiteing.

2. Rivers, snow, mud and obstacles decelerate tanks.

Being able to flank at full speed across rivers, snow, mud and obstacles gives you a huge advantage. It also allows you to escape faster than enemy tanks who are chasing you down across these obstacles.

3. Response to ram and at nades increased.

Being able to quickly move out of range of the ram ability and at nades at full speed is very helpfull.

So once again I will quote all the abusers of the broken and insanely overpowered faction. L2p and adapt. You do not have relic holding your hand anymore. You have face the music and play a sort of balanced game now. Not that horse shit the soviets had to live through last patch.

How about you post a video showing all this stuff you claim.
6 May 2014, 05:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2014, 04:58 AMAbdul

How about you post a video showing all this stuff you claim.

Where were you for the past few months? There is a huge list of replays of SNF and the replay section of this abuse... :loco:
6 May 2014, 05:11 AM

Where were you for the past few months? There is a huge list of replays of SNF and the replay section of this abuse... :loco:

lol, is this a joke?
6 May 2014, 05:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2014, 05:11 AMAbdul

lol, is this a joke?

Are you joking? Relic developers explicitly said blitz was broken and that a change was inevitable. You have poof of Blitz NOT being broken? Of course not. And of course, you didnt lift a finger to accept the fact that Blitz was broken. How did YOU use blitz? I surely had fun having tanks escape obliteration with 5% health, having droves of panthers blitz across the entire map to destroy the crippled IS-2 at the enemy's base, and of course, getting them all out alive.
6 May 2014, 05:26 AM

Are you joking? Relic developers explicitly said blitz was broken and that a change was inevitable. You have poof of Blitz NOT being broken? Of course not. And of course, you didnt lift a finger to accept the fact that Blitz was broken. How did YOU use blitz? I surely had fun having tanks escape obliteration with 5% health, having droves of panthers blitz across the entire map to destroy the crippled IS-2 at the enemy's base, and of course, getting them all out alive.

and that dev can be go full retarded sometimes like, aka shocks in m3 <444>_<444>
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS