Login

russian armor

Rifle Grenades

PAGES (16)down
4 Apr 2014, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2014, 10:44 AMJaigen

No it doesnt. unless the maxim gets some packup and setup time nerfs i dont see any reason to nerf the rifle nade which is the hard counter to the maxim.

And i don't see reason to have so sux horizontal traverse, make it same with MG42.
4 Apr 2014, 07:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge

all of that can go into 1 post you know ;)
4 Apr 2014, 07:18 AM
Patrion 310

I have a simple solution for all the German players that think rifle nades are ok but molotovs / maxims are an issue. Change the Maxim to have the same firing arc as the mg42, but reduce its packup / setup time. Remove sprint and replace it with the same ability as the MG42. Increase range of molotov to be the same as the rifle nade. :) I would be happy with that.
4 Apr 2014, 07:36 AM

I have a simple solution for all the German players that think rifle nades are ok but molotovs / maxims are an issue. Change the Maxim to have the same firing arc as the mg42, but reduce its packup / setup time.

You mean a Maxim that packs even faster while having same arc as MG 42? Won't this be the best Christmass present?:rolleyes:
You probably ment increasing the pack/setup time while increasing the arc of fire and making it similar to MG42.
4 Apr 2014, 07:42 AM

Why?
Having problems with extremely long animation and short range?
Having second thoughts about why penals flank your MG?

I think it's because you like to keep all the good explosives for yourself and whine on here about how rifle nades actually kills MG crewmen.

4 Apr 2014, 08:14 AM

+1. I agree with the issue that Gren should not been able to hard counter maxim just by go in front of them and shoot a rifle nade. It is the same issue as before when you can run conscript in front of MG42 to launch a molotov without loose the squad (it is not anymore possible so for me molotov do not need nerf).

The suppressed units not be able to fire rifle nade could be a good solution. You can still do the same thing but with micro : for example with two grenaders or with one grenader that reach a green cover before suppression.
4 Apr 2014, 08:37 AM

Snipers, mortars, 222s, flanking. Pretty much anything other then a frontal assault which the maxim is supposed to stop which it doesn't right now.

Scripts with molotovs destroy mg42 i see no reason why grens with riflenade cannot do the same.
And i see no reason in your suggestion to use very frail support weapons to counter a cheap maxim.
4 Apr 2014, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2014, 08:37 AMJaigen

Scripts with molotovs destroy mg42 i see no reason why grens with riflenade cannot do the same.
And i see no reason in your suggestion to use very frail support weapons to counter a cheap maxim.

Conscripts need to flank. A frontal assault with a script on a mg42 will result in a 3~4 dead conscripts before they can get of a molotov, if they can even get into range to throw one in the first place, which is unlikely. There is no way you can do this cost-effectively as the soviets.

Meanwhile, a grenadier squad can do a frontal assault on a maxim, get off a rifle nade, and kill 3-4 maxim crew members. You don't need to flank a maxim to get cost-effective engagements against the maxim with grenadiers. Just attack from the front and rifle nade away.

But the fact that you don't see any reason why you should use anything but grenadiers against static machine guns (it also works against the expensive DHSK) tells me that you probably don't see a problem with this.

4 Apr 2014, 10:39 AM

fully support this. The reason why molotov (and grenades) should work is because they have short range.
Rifle grenades have a huge range.

Also, maxims are a dedicated infantry unit. DEDICATED for one thing.
TO STOP FRONTAL ASSAULTS.

If they cant do that they are useless.

While mg42 pins slower, it is still usefull because it can usually suppress a concsript (or 2 if your opponent doesn't oorah with good micro) without taking casaulties ( or very minimal ones).

Maxim can pin grenadiers, but maxim will lose 1-3 crewmembers while grenadiers will lose nothing.
Neo
4 Apr 2014, 11:23 AM

Would be great to hear from someone from Relic about their thoughts on this issue...
4 Apr 2014, 11:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

+1 for all units

A range nerf makes absolutely no sense imo. It is a "rifle nade" you need a minimum range and the max range is passable. It is the same range, since 10 month?! And now its OP o.O

FHT is no longer a need early game. You dont have to worry about your muni usage early game since sniper, maxim, Shocks spam is no longer an issue.

Rnade consistency has being increased. Deals MP damage more frequently than before.
Previously a Rnade to a maxim may have killed 1-4 guys, being 1-2 the most frequent. Now it´s 3-4 with any lack of effort.

Cover has become more important and static engaments are more frequent. In comparison, before you would assault the grens and get out of its cast able range.

All nades abilities should have their range reduce while on supress. Stand up >> Proning.
Rnades shouldnt be able to fire while supress unless in cover. Standing up while on MG fire should mean instadeath.
4 Apr 2014, 11:44 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2014, 10:39 AMBurts

Rifle grenades have a huge range.

thats why its called rifle nade

The rifle grenade launcher could be used against infantry, fortifications and light armored vehicles up to a range of 280 m....

don't get me wrong.... supressed units -> no rifle nade!
5 Apr 2014, 10:31 AM

5 Apr 2014, 11:08 AM

Great i see the future already Maxim + guard spam everywhere
5 Apr 2014, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2014, 11:08 AMJaigen
Great i see the future already Maxim + guard spam everywhere

Indeed. If only the germans had some sort of unit out of their T1 building that could lob mortars at static targets. Or some other unit in their T1 building that could pick the maxim crews/guards off one by one from long range. But alas, the german T1 building only has grenadiers! Whatever can the poor germans do?
5 Apr 2014, 12:07 PM

All they need is some game logic to reduce the range of nades when suppressed. Both the herpderpMollie toss and the rifle nade problem solved.

That's fair because you may manage to get a flank on a Maxim/MG, but it still turns in time, you are still rewarded for the flank by being able to get a rifle nade/Mollie off.

Simple solution to a simple problem, but I doubt Relic can manage even this.

5 Apr 2014, 13:36 PM

Rather than a range reduction or complete elimination of the ability, which doesn't make sense, why not drastically increase the scatter of all grenades while suppressed?

Units can still function while suppressed, unlike when they're pinned, but they should do so much less accurately given the stress of having bullets streaming by their heads. It becomes more high risk/reward than the current no brainer.

I'd also like to see the AI of weapon teams adjusted so they don't clump up so much. I know it's cold out there guys, but really 5 of the 6 of you don't always need to be in a group hug...
5 Apr 2014, 14:05 PM

Indeed. If only the germans had some sort of unit out of their T1 building that could lob mortars at static targets. Or some other unit in their T1 building that could pick the maxim crews/guards off one by one from long range. But alas, the german T1 building only has grenadiers! Whatever can the poor germans do?

Yes rely on the rng god to win battles that is going to work well.
5 Apr 2014, 14:33 PM

Why cant Grendiers simply use a normal stielgranade instead of a rifle grenade? Never really liked the rifle grenade, Relic tryed too hard to make them unique.

Would like to see the rifle grande getting replaced with a stielgrante, cost 25 muniton as powerfull as 1 grande trown by Assaultgreandiers. But since this is not going to happen +1 for not being able to rifle grandes if suppressed.
5 Apr 2014, 14:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2014, 14:05 PMJaigen

Yes rely on the rng god to win battles that is going to work well.

I didnt know the sniper miss so much!
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight