Login

russian armor

Rifle Grenades

PAGES (16)down
5 Apr 2014, 15:01 PM
Patrion 15

I think reducing the range on rifle nades while suppressed would be a fair trade
5 Apr 2014, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2014, 14:05 PMJaigen

Yes rely on the rng god to win battles that is going to work well.

It does. Build some german mortars and find out for yourself.
5 Apr 2014, 17:30 PM
Patrion 310

I think reducing the range on rifle nades while suppressed would be a fair trade

Doesnt solve the problem that the can fire from far away behind cover when not supressed.
5 Apr 2014, 18:45 PM

+1, suppressed units shouldn't be able to fire rifles..

...or throw molotovs...or grenades....
5 Apr 2014, 18:51 PM

Permanently Banned
5 Apr 2014, 19:11 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2014, 08:37 AMJaigen

Scripts with molotovs destroy mg42 i see no reason why grens with riflenade cannot do the same.
And i see no reason in your suggestion to use very frail support weapons to counter a cheap maxim.

molotov, grenade short range and rifle grenade long range???

if mg42 gets molotov-ed by flanking con, it's a fair game. if mg42 gets molotov-ed by oorahing, charging head-on con, it is also a fair game because you know what that con unit is gonna do as soon as you see it oorah into your arc. also whether you don't pack up and keep bruising the con or you pack up and keep suppressing the con, it has to retreat. and same goes for non rifle grenades.

on the other hand, rifle nade means maxim has to pack up as soon as it sees a gren even if they are in the arc, because grens don't have to get close to rifle nade.
5 Apr 2014, 19:41 PM

It does. Build some german mortars and find out for yourself.

I dont base my strategy on luck. and the maxim is not the same as a mg42. Riflenades nades need to stay to prevent maxim spam from taking the entire map.

I dont think people want to understand that this ability is one of the few counters to maxims. removing it will greatly upset early game balance
raw
5 Apr 2014, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2014, 19:41 PMJaigen

I dont base my strategy on luck.

you should tho. cause mortars means bad luck for soviet player.
5 Apr 2014, 20:04 PM

I dont base my strategy on luck. and the maxim is not the same as a mg42. Riflenades nades need to stay to prevent maxim spam from taking the entire map.

I dont think people want to understand that this ability is one of the few counters to maxims. removing it will greatly upset early game balance

Because flanking 60 degree cone is hard.
Neo
5 Apr 2014, 22:30 PM

...or throw molotovs...or grenades....

Your 18 games as Soviet in the multiplayer no doubt make you an expert to comment on this issue...
5 Apr 2014, 22:40 PM

No, it will just upset the early game balance for you, because you refuse to use mortars.

The german mortar fires fast and fires accurately enough to counter maxims.

PS: Also snipers.

Half the german T1 units counter the maxim. Use them.
6 Apr 2014, 11:09 AM

No, it will just upset the early game balance for you, because you refuse to use mortars.

The german mortar fires fast and fires accurately enough to counter maxims.

PS: Also snipers.

Half the german T1 units counter the maxim. Use them.

Still based on luck. either a mortar 2 shots a maxim or you miss 20 times. shit happens. and snipers are simply not cost effective counters.

Im sorry but i what other use would riflenades have it they got nerfed? maxims like mg42 are meant to be in the back not in the front so thats why it gets riflenaded.
6 Apr 2014, 11:10 AM

Because flanking 60 degree cone is hard.

This statement is a very major indication how bad your micro is
6 Apr 2014, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2014, 11:10 AMJaigen

This statement is a very major indication how bad your micro is

This statement is a very major indication of how bad your sarcasm detector is.
6 Apr 2014, 11:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2014, 11:21 AMCruzz

This statement is a very major indication of how bad your sarcasm detector is.

served!
Neo
6 Apr 2014, 17:46 PM

served!

QFT
6 Apr 2014, 18:32 PM
Patrion 310

Ever done this with a Molotov because I never have. Notice how I wasn't even the arc of the maxim and there for not suppressed and yet I squad wiped it with 1 rifle grenade. Granted the men won't normally stack like that but even so. This is the issue I have with the rifle grenade. Range is too good and does too much damage. If the range was reduced while suppressed like many have suggested, it wouldn't have made any difference in that situation.

6 Apr 2014, 18:37 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2014, 11:09 AMJaigen

... maxims like mg42 are meant to be in the back not in the front so thats why it gets riflenaded.

good thing the rifle grenade range is like the molotov's.
6 Apr 2014, 18:42 PM

Permanently Banned
Ever done this with a Molotov because I never have. Notice how I wasn't even the arc of the maxim and there for not suppressed and yet I squad wiped it with 1 rifle grenade. Granted the men won't normally stack like that but even so. This is the issue I have with the rifle grenade. Range is too good and does too much damage. If the range was reduced while suppressed like many have suggested, it wouldn't have made any difference in that situation.

LOL that video
6 Apr 2014, 18:45 PM

Atleast he actually flanked. It's much worse when it the pinned squad's riflenade that one shots your maxim.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS