Login

russian armor

Rifle Grenades

PAGES (16)down
Neo
19 Apr 2014, 13:28 PM

If you want to decrease the range, why don't you just straight up remove the rifle grenade and replace it with a Stielhandgranate?

Cause a developer will never remove stuff they spent money to create and add to the game?
22 Apr 2014, 23:03 PM

Well, it's the same problem that makes german squads getting oneshotted by mortars: all guys clumping up.

When I see 6 guys on 1m², riflegrenade is the first thing I use. I even killed a whole Shock-squad with one, damn, that was awesome.
23 Apr 2014, 03:05 AM

They could work around the unit formation AI problem by implementing a cumulative damage limit for explosives. If a grenade damage was capped at say 160 damage it could only wipe 2 full hp models no matter how many are stacked in one spot while still being just as deadly to weakened squads.

I think squad formation is the main culprit behind a lot of unpredictable behavior in this game. It would be nice if every model behaved ideally under all circumstances, but hey, its AI. I suspect that tweaking it so models don't clump or overlap would have adverse affects on squad maneuverability. Similarly with vehicles a little realism can be sacrificed for much better handling/pathing by allowing models to clip objects.
23 Apr 2014, 05:09 AM

Just a thought. What if the range on the maxim were slightly longer considering the short arc and all. But still need units for sight range.

I like the shorter grenade thought, But as someone pointed out it is fairly needed against snipers in the current game.

Just a thought.

Thanks
23 Apr 2014, 05:11 AM

Just a thought. What if the range on the maxim were slightly longer considering the short arc and all. But still need units for sight range.

I like the shorter grenade thought, But as someone pointed out it is fairly needed against snipers in the current game.

Just a thought.

Thanks
We've already seen that. And the maxim couldn't even be touched by a sniper because it always inched a little bit into its range when sniper shot at max distance.
25 Apr 2014, 09:19 AM

In my opinion Rifle Nades are now pretty useless. I had some games yesterday and it mostly didn't kill 2 men. The increased costs come in addition.
25 Apr 2014, 09:24 AM

In my opinion Rifle Nades are now pretty useless. I had some games yesterday and it mostly didn't kill 2 men. The increased costs come in addition.

You do know the only thing that changed in regards to rnades was the cost?

But weapon team damage penalty replacement was most welcome. Maybe even DSHK can now see some love.
Neo
25 Apr 2014, 10:40 AM

Just wanted to say: Thank you Relic for fixing this!
25 Apr 2014, 13:06 PM

yay 4 relic
25 Apr 2014, 13:29 PM

rifle nades are fine now.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 24
Peru 7
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10