Login

russian armor

Rifle Grenades

PAGES (16)down
15 Apr 2014, 06:23 AM

the granadiers rifle granade i think it was fixed after the hot fix, some small changes in game can be made without a patch, so rifle granade was nerfed, and its not so strong now, that was in hot fix, or in 25 march update. The granades dont whipe 5 of 6 mans anymore, and they are even less deadlier to shocks. Rifle granades are OK now.

Nerfed :D That was small AoE changes. It's not enough.
15 Apr 2014, 08:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 21:06 PMNeo

Thank the Lord, you finally posted a replay to show why you're struggling with this game so much.

1. Learn about TrueSight. The MG didn't start firing until the Conscripts were halfway into its fire zone because it couldn't see them... :)

2. The person controlling the MG42 had ample time to reposition the MG once the conscripts were suppressed to avoid molotov (because of its relatively short range). This is precisely the difference between molotov and rifle grenade that we're discussing here.

In summary, L2P issue here.

OMFG. you either have the reading comprehension of a goldfish or your trying to steer a away from an argument you are losing(not my vid btw). We where discussing why i retreat my mg42 if it sees script squad and said mg42 is not supported by a grens. Its very clear that relic has changed its mind how suppression should work. basically both factions can rush a mg from the front if its not supported.

mg42 only work with grens and maxim only work with scripts/penals. and thats the way it should work.Both have different tools to do so because of asymmetrical balance. That doesn't make the riflenade op.

Also displacing a mg42 is a very major thing. Any decent level soviet player would take advantage of that.

And for my last argument : it will lead to maxim/guards spam with only the rng gods to safe you with lucky mortar hits. And we both know you refuse to acknowledge this because you know im right.
Neo
15 Apr 2014, 09:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2014, 08:26 AMJaigen

OMFG. you either have the reading comprehension of a goldfish

There's nothing to read, the video you posted clearly shows you are a very low skill player which helps to explain why you struggle so much with this game.

That's OK, not being good at this game is not a bad thing - it's just helpful to know your skill level to understand how much weight to give to your comments.

Watch your video again - you'll see that the MG42 cannot see the conscript squad due to obstacles in the way. If it was able to see them, it would have suppressed and pinned them long before they got into molotov range. This is not the case with the rifle grenade which can attack a maxim from any range within the Maxim's arc of fire. That's the difference we're discussing here.
15 Apr 2014, 10:31 AM
Patrion 310

The mg42 also didn't take much damage from the molotov either.
Neo
15 Apr 2014, 10:37 AM

The mg42 also didn't take much damage from the molotov either.

And could have been moved and set up again long before the suppression lifted on the conscripts, thereby pinning them with no danger to the MG at all.
15 Apr 2014, 20:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2014, 15:38 PMNeo

The MG42 has a massive advantage as a "leave and forget" type of MG anyway.

Uh...are you talking about the beta or CoH1 or something?
15 Apr 2014, 20:42 PM
Patrion 310

Uh...are you talking about the beta or CoH1 or something?

It is much more of a set and forget weapon vs the maxim.
15 Apr 2014, 20:50 PM

It is much more of a set and forget weapon vs the maxim.

It's nothing of the sort. That is a great way to lose an MG and quick. I'm shocked people think you can still use MG42s for lockdown...
15 Apr 2014, 20:52 PM

I think a good solution to this problem would be to give the rifle grenades a spread while suppressed, that way they can still get one off but it won't necessarily land right in the middle of the MG team every time.

EDIT: It would make sense to give all grenades a spread like this while suppressed now that I think about it (it would be less for more close ranged nades (like molotovs). It rewards flanking tactics more and just makes sense.
15 Apr 2014, 20:56 PM
Patrion 310

It's nothing of the sort. That is a great way to lose an MG and quick. I'm shocked people think you can still use MG42s for lockdown...

I take it maths wasn't your strong point at school? The mg42 has a wider arc than the maxim, thus it requires less micro because if left alone, it has a greater chance of suppressing infantry. Are you denying this is the case? Regardless of how different the arc is, it is wider.

Can you also post your player card as well please.
15 Apr 2014, 21:00 PM

I take it maths wasn't your strong point at school? The mg42 has a wider arc than the maxim, thus it requires less micro because if left alone, it has a greater chance of suppressing infantry. Are you denying this is the case? Regardless of how different the arc is, it is wider.

That really isnt an excuse. The 25% damage penalty to support weapon teams is. Remove tht for both sides, have a code that makes infantry spread out better instead of clumping around Dimitri to observe his suppressing skills (and vice versa for germans), and many problems will be solved.
Neo
15 Apr 2014, 21:09 PM

It's much better than the Maxim in that role, simple fact.
15 Apr 2014, 21:11 PM

None of that matters when you cannot even turn back infantry coming at you head-on. In fact it require MORE micro with all the molotovs that will be flying your way and retreating you have to do because the MG42 is almost completely anemic in it's current state.

The fact that you are even suggesting that you can effectively "leave and forget" the MG42 in CoH2 right now tells me that you must only play Soviets and that you are really bad at that too.

Also not sure what my player card has to do with this argument, how the MG42 is NOT fire and forget unit and how you are completely clueless to the current state of the game? Care to clear that up for me champ?
15 Apr 2014, 21:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2014, 21:09 PMNeo

It's much better than the Maxim in that role, simple fact.

"that role" doesn't even exist. MGs cannot be used this way at any skill level effectively in CoH2 and even suggesting that you can leave an MG42 and "forget about it" is cause for hysterical laughter and me being left to ask..."is he serious? If so...is he okay?"
15 Apr 2014, 21:17 PM
Patrion 310

None of that matters when you cannot even turn back infantry coming at you head-on. In fact it require MORE micro with all the molotovs that will be flying your way and retreating you have to do because the MG42 is almost completely anemic in it's current state.

The fact that you are even suggesting that you can effectively "leave and forget" the MG42 in CoH2 right now tells me that you must only player Soviets and that you are really bad at that too.

Maybe you should re read what I wrote. I said "It is much more of a set and forget weapon vs the maxim." I did not say it is a set and forget weapon, just that it is more capable than a maxim at doing that job. You are denying this for some reason.

I play both factions. I do better as Germans currently beccause in my opinion, they are better at certain things compared to soviets. My player card is in my profile for all to see. Here take a look http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197974205301. I don't claim to be the best player far from it, but (currently) ranked 119th as Soviets and 73rd as Germans in 2v2.

Also not sure what my player card has to do with this argument, how the MG42 is NOT fire and forget unit and how you are completely clueless to the current state of the game? Care to clear that up for me champ?

Player card has everything to do with the argument. Do you only play Germans? If so then you cannot comment on what is like to use a maxim on the soviets side, only what it is like to face it. Once again I never said the MG42 was "fire and forget".

Why are you hiding your player card?

For what it is worth, what evidence do you have in regards to rifle grenades power at the moment?
15 Apr 2014, 21:26 PM

Neo said this exactly: "The MG42 has a massive advantage as a "leave and forget" type of MG anyway."

You seemed to agree. Also "set and forget" is not accurate either. You have to babysit these squads and it IS life or death for a whole flank if you turn your attention for a second at the wrong time. The word "forget" has no place in the same sentence with effective MG42 use.

I play both, Germans 80% Soviets 20% but this is very basic, common knowledge that most noobs are aware of so I could be 1 win and 450 losses and what i'm saying is still right.
15 Apr 2014, 21:33 PM
Patrion 310

I said it was more of a set and forget weapon, because it is. It has a wider arc. I didn't say it was amazing at it. But it is better than a maxim due to the bigger arc. Without any input from a player, it has a larger area which it can fire and / or suppress.

Why are you hiding your player card? Your saying I have no clue how to play the game. I proved otherwise and yet your still hiding it? I already posted proof that the rifle grenade can be too powerful. No one has bothered providing proof that the molotov is better at killing an mg42 than a rifle grenade is at killing a maxim.
15 Apr 2014, 21:54 PM

But you don't if you are telling me that you can set and forget an MG42 in the current patch.

Wider arcs do not mean they can be left to guard even direct advances, let alone multiple units within it's arc. The wider arc just means it doesn't have to reposition to acquire a new target...suppressing and pinning that target is another story. And MG42 that has trouble with these basic MG requirements in the CoH world can never be left alone or forgotten.

I'm not saying rifle-nades are perfect right now, not what I was talking about. I have a huge problem with the way MG42s are being describes here as it is totally inaccurate.

I could be the worst player ever, and yet...i'm still right about this so my player card is again, irrelevant to my argument.
15 Apr 2014, 22:02 PM
Patrion 310

But you don't if you are telling me that you can set and forget an MG42 in the current patch.

Wider arcs do not mean they can be left to guard even direct advances, let alone multiple units within it's arc. The wider arc just means it doesn't have to reposition to acquire a new target...suppressing and pinning that target is another story. And MG42 that has trouble with these basic MG requirements in the CoH world can never be left alone or forgotten.

I'm not saying rifle-nades are perfect right now, not what I was talking about. I have a huge problem with the way MG42s are being describes here as it is totally inaccurate.

I could be the worst player ever, and yet...i'm still right about this so my player card is again, irrelevant to my argument.

You said what I was saying was wrong because I only play soviets (wrong) and that I was terrible at the game (very wrong). I want to see your player card to see you playing something other than just Germans and having a higher rank than me, because according to you how good someone is makes a difference.

I am not saying you can leave an mg42 for 5 minutes without support and win a game. You think I am saying this.

If a man armed with a stick runs towards an mg from a random direction, without touching the mg which one will have a better chance of suppressing him first or at all. Bearing in mind that to suppress (or have a chance to) it needs to be in that arc. MG42 has a bigger arc than a Maxim. Bigger arc > smaller arc.

Once again, I am not saying you can set and forget an MG42, only that it will do a better job than a maxim will (regardless of how good or bad it is at doing that).
15 Apr 2014, 22:11 PM

Well even then it really isn't the way anyone should use it and Neo's statement still falls short of truth.

You started the disrespectfulness by questioning my math grades from middle school in respect to this argument (why?). Anyways I think I have to just respectfully disagree with you here.

Basically when you go around saying "X is better at leave(or set) and forget than Y" people walk away from that thinking you are proposing to use X is effective as a set and forget weapon.

MG42 play is super sensitive and requires close micro or everything goes wrong. Maybe you didn't word it the way you wanted/meant to. Either way I disagree.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS