Login

russian armor

Comming update: IS-2 and ISU-152 will be buffed

29 Mar 2014, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 22:39 PMKatitof

Less AoE, better RoF and you have a deal.
Actually I think if the AT capabilities of the ISU-152/ IS-2 get buffed, it should be more damage or more penetration. High reload times should be a characteristic of those vehicles.
29 Mar 2014, 23:32 PM

A big consideration is how the new armies will play in regards to the current two armies. Soviet AT will not cut it in its current iteration.

A big focus for us moving forward is making sure all four armies play well with one another.

this is my biggest concern right now, becouse all senergie can colapse between factions, and when new factions come, and we will realize that balance is broken between factions, that could destroy a lot of efforts that u were put in balancing ost and sov. I am really glad that you guys realize that.

But have to say with last patch 25 march, the game going in right way, the feeling of playing it is much better than before. Work and improve in this way.
30 Mar 2014, 00:43 AM

Personally I'd make the ISU-152 a health tank with range between SU-85 and StuG, able to put the hurt on both Infantry and Vehicles (by critting them, or decrewing if they're near death or run out of possible crits).
30 Mar 2014, 09:10 AM

The only problem will be that these two machines are call-ins. Considering the costs of T3 and T4 for soviets, maybe 90% of players will be tempted to use these instead of building tanks from tiers. Especially if they'll get bufs.
While IS-2 could use a little AT buff while not being able to squadwipe anymore, ISU-152 should stay as it is.
30 Mar 2014, 09:37 AM

Yeah but for balance reasons we obviously can't have it one-shot Tigers, same reason Elefants don't one-shot even a T-70. I think criticals (especially destroyed gun, damaged turret ring, immobilised, and abandonment for death) would be a great way to show that you're breaking it apart from the outside with HE shells.

Elephants do kill a t70 in one shot. Unless the t70 gets lucky and survives with a crit insteas.
30 Mar 2014, 10:58 AM

Elephants do kill a t70 in one shot. Unless the t70 gets lucky and survives with a crit insteas.

Just looked at the stats.. so it does. I guess that T-70 got lucky that one time, also the only time I ever saw an Elefant and T-70 in one place.

Anyway my point still stands, it'd be way OP if your brand new P4 was decrewed in one hit.
30 Mar 2014, 21:02 PM

Imo blitzkrieg should be removed from German armour and instead give T-34's a Sprint / Boost ability, since for them to have any hope of doing damage they need to flank.

I'd be in favor of this IF they also removed the stupid fecking ram ability. I just hate ram... the T34 is balanced around having this ability and it suffers overall for it. Why not simply make it a good tank by removing the ram ability?
30 Mar 2014, 23:04 PM

Whelp, the 152mm BR-540 APHE round could penetrate 105mm of armor (at 30*; 124mm at 90*) at all ranges...now, if only we had realistic armor values for all of our vehicles in game.
31 Mar 2014, 00:53 AM

Pretty excited to see this unfold. I remember my 1st post on CoH2 talking about the idea of re-purposing the ISU-152 to be more A/T than A/I. Got chewed out something bad. Glad to see it's getting some attention.
31 Mar 2014, 01:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 23:04 PMVolsky
Whelp, the 152mm BR-540 APHE round could penetrate 105mm of armor (at 30*; 124mm at 90*) at all ranges...now, if only we had realistic armor values for all of our vehicles in game.
And Panthers could wipe the floor with any Russian tank. What´s the point? I just hope they don´t overdo it with Panther nerf and ISU buffs. I have an itch that both added will lead to underwhelming German armor.

Also why the Panther discussion now? It has been nerfed steadily since the game came out. Nerfs to Blitz (not working with engine damage, higher cost), cost increase to smoke canisters, arguably higher manpower costs and the nerf to vet 2 (1/3rd less armor bonus) all lowered its performance over the months.

I hope you guys realize that the Panther is an anti tank vehicle, not just a mediocre performing thing without a specific purpose.
31 Mar 2014, 01:42 AM
Patrion 27

I think all dedicated AT should have an option to avoid firing at infantry. It is stupid to see my elefant automatically targetting conscripts. Su-85, and the stug, i guess. And the pak/field gun. Can we also have a fix for the stupid target weak point missing, yet using up the ability?

How many times do we have to ask for hold-fire on more units before it happens? I've seen it at least 10 on the forum. My only guess is it messes with A.I. based on seeing the Sniper bugs STILL not fixed.
31 Mar 2014, 02:55 AM

No comment on ISU, but IS2 definitely need a tweak.
31 Mar 2014, 04:13 AM

And Panthers could wipe the floor with any Russian tank. What´s the point? I just hope they don´t overdo it with Panther nerf and ISU buffs. I have an itch that both added will lead to underwhelming German armor.

ISU-152 says "niet"

From an interview with Dmitri Loza: "The Germans counterattacked us with several Panthers. The Panther was a heavy tank. I ordered an JSU to move forward and engage the German tanks. "Well, take a shot!" And oh, did it shoot! I must say that the streets in Vienna were narrow, the buildings tall, and many wanted to watch this engagement between a Panther and an JSU. They remained in the street. The JSU let loose and the impact knocked the Panther backward (from the distance of 400-500 meters). Its turret separated from the hull and landed some meters away. But as a result of the shot broken glass fell from above. Vienna had many leaded-in windows and all of these fell on our heads. To this day I blame myself that I did not foresee this! We had so many injured! It was a good thing that we were wearing helmets, but our arms and shoulders were all cut up."
31 Mar 2014, 05:33 AM

If the Soviet squad wiping tanks will get buffed then the Germans should have their stuff buffed. Is2s and ISU does alright against any German tank apart from the Elefant and they can reliably wipe out German squads which is a huge deal.

People complaining about their tanks being inadequete should really just blame rng because that's how the Soviet faction win these days. Every attack or move depends on rng to be succuessful. Sometimes a Panther will just bounce off that AT nade and completely flank the isu152 or the AT nade completely destroys the engine of a full hp Panther allowing the ISU152 to just beat it to death from a safe range.
31 Mar 2014, 05:40 AM

ISU-152 says "niet"

From an interview with Dmitri Loza: "The Germans counterattacked us with several Panthers. The Panther was a heavy tank. I ordered an JSU to move forward and engage the German tanks. "Well, take a shot!" And oh, did it shoot! I must say that the streets in Vienna were narrow, the buildings tall, and many wanted to watch this engagement between a Panther and an JSU. They remained in the street. The JSU let loose and the impact knocked the Panther backward (from the distance of 400-500 meters). Its turret separated from the hull and landed some meters away. But as a result of the shot broken glass fell from above. Vienna had many leaded-in windows and all of these fell on our heads. To this day I blame myself that I did not foresee this! We had so many injured! It was a good thing that we were wearing helmets, but our arms and shoulders were all cut up."

However, if a Panther takes one shot at the rear of the ISU152 it's entire ammunition will explode, the Soviets never mentioned this but since the ISU152 uses very large, heavy shells and like all tanks if the ammunition is hit the entire tank is dead. Real life battles are not like Company of Heroes battles, you don't tickle down HP like in the game, it's one shot into a weak spot it's one kill.

The Soviets don't talk about the flaws in their tanks and they always love to boast about them despite losing them in huge numbers. For example, the T34 cooks and explode just as easily as a Sherman but who got the reputation of being a tea kettle?
31 Mar 2014, 06:01 AM

It's such a good story, I had to talk about it. :)
31 Mar 2014, 06:16 AM

If ISU is made like the historical one, no German game can be won just because they can fire a shell with drunk gunner and everything around will be wiped out like 6 V1 was launched.
31 Mar 2014, 06:25 AM

I think that's an exaggeration...
31 Mar 2014, 14:01 PM

Also keep in mind that the Soviet tanks, which mounted large very effective guns, required huge amounts of time to reload, especially the ISU 152. If it hit it would likely kill a German tank, but the combat effectiveness of a tank firing ~1 shell a minute is pretty limited.

The story described above is characteristic of Soviet propaganda, because it details the power of the gun but fails to focus on the very limited type of battle in which this is good. Yes, Soviet tanks in narrow streets will always win because all you want there is the largest gun, and reload is unimportant since once you block a street no additional threats can arrive.

However, what should be noted is that to carry such large guns you need to hold lots of gun powder and explosives, you get few shots (since you don't have the room), and the tank is relatively slow. It is impressive that the Soviets managed to make so many tanks in WWII, but what is not always made clear is that until the the last year of the war they needed everyone because the loss rate was so high.

OT, buffs to the ISU 152 and IS 2 will be good I think, but the T34 needs a rework far more.
31 Mar 2014, 14:02 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS