Login

russian armor

Comming update: IS-2 and ISU-152 will be buffed

28 Mar 2014, 22:34 PM

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/34945-why-the-game-will-never-be-balanced-a
Read through your post, we think the next update will largely resolve many of your concerns. We don't think veterancy on the whole is an issue, perhaps on one or two units. The Panther at veteran level 2 might be too strong for example, this is something we're keeping our eye on. That said, Soviet mid-late game will be on par with the Germans in the next update. For example, IS-2 and ISU-152 will take on a more significant anti-vehicle role.

Relic will buff the soviets late game hughly it seems.
28 Mar 2014, 22:53 PM

I'm kinda iffy about this. The IS-2 deffinetly needed to be more AT then AI, but the ISU is supposed to be arty on wheels. Either way nothing is really going to change unless T34-76s present some threat to heavier armor without having to sacrifice themselves. It's just not cost efficient and soviets need to be able to compete late game without a doctrinal choice with both T3 and T4.
28 Mar 2014, 23:04 PM

It's been 7 months plus already and only now has this has been considered? Just saying; I noticed this problem the first day I owned the game.

They did buff the T-34s and the others but the most important AFV, the T-34, was always too weak vs. heavy AFV.
28 Mar 2014, 23:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Good stuff. Should make squad wiping less prevalent and give soviets better AT options.
28 Mar 2014, 23:42 PM

Good stuff. Should make squad wiping less prevalent and give soviets better AT options.

+1
But also these tanks should hold on to the AI and have slightly less AT than ostheer so the factions dont get to similar.
28 Mar 2014, 23:53 PM

Really? I thought the IS-2 was in a good place, if the sole consideration is to just buff soviet end game. IS-2 needs no buff for AT, perhaps the ISU-152, but I have next to no experience with the latter. I wish IS-2 were in more doctrines though for flexibility. Compare it to the amount of Ost doctrines that have a tiger in it.
29 Mar 2014, 00:08 AM

If the IS-2 was buffed AT and nerfed AI, it would become a slightly stronger version of the tiger rather than the infantry killer it currently is...
29 Mar 2014, 00:17 AM

IS2 just needs more HPs (1280) and a nerf to its AOE. Make it a meat shield. Soviets could use a meat shield.

ISU152 emmmmm lower its damn cost already. WAY too expensive to be even remotely worth it.
29 Mar 2014, 00:19 AM

Maybe the Panther can finally get 60 range finally with buffed Soviet heavies. Considering that it sounds like they are planning to also nerf its vet 2, I´m not looking forward to this. It´s dumb already that so many shots bounce of KVs. Now the German players have to pay more fuel to get weaker Panthers, no thanks. - Panzer IV it is. I wonder what will happen to StuG and Panzer IV which get 2 and 3 shot killed by IS-2s already. As I see it the faction which should have the weaker tanks will rule supreme. pffff.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 29 Mar 2014, 00:21 AM
Developer Relic Badge

A big consideration is how the new armies will play in regards to the current two armies. Soviet AT will not cut it in its current iteration.

A big focus for us moving forward is making sure all four armies play well with one another.
29 Mar 2014, 00:22 AM

The problem with ISU-152 is the fact that it's too expensive and too vulnerable to a flank by panzers in maps like Semosky. It cannot escape ambushes like the panzers can (smoke, blitz...)
29 Mar 2014, 00:30 AM

Buff to ISU152 OMFG
29 Mar 2014, 00:34 AM

Buff to ISU152 OMFG
So the ISU will with increased anti armor performance be an Elefant with better anti infantry capabilities and more mobility? Why would I build an Elefant?
29 Mar 2014, 00:35 AM

Don't buff anything related to ISU's killing power, it's okay now, however, HP and armour wise it needs a look in. Mobility I think is fine for such a beast but I think it needs to have more time for the cavalry to arrive its flanked...
29 Mar 2014, 00:41 AM

Seriously, ISU152 will be god. Some will say, *use the elefant to counter it, you dumbass, because it only takes 3 shots to kill an ISU*, but I answer to them: The elefant is almost the 75% of the time shooting at fucking infantry or AT guns instead of armor. AAND, with his long long long reload, you really cant counter an skilled ISU player if he goes forward to attack you while the elefant is reloading and goes backwards so he doesnt get shot back. Use this all the time and there you go, elefant dead.

They will increase AT capability of the ISU? No problem, but give HOLD FIRE to the elefant already ffs.
29 Mar 2014, 00:48 AM

So the ISU will with increased anti armor performance be an Elefant with better anti infantry capabilities and more mobility? Why would I build an Elefant?

Because you are making assumptions that are not true and the elefant reloads faster than the ISU-152, killing it in 3 shots and i doubt an ISU can kill it within that time? Run on sentence, but i doubt the AT buff will be how you think it will be.

Your assumptions are kind of pathetic, as the point isnt to nerf germans, it is to make soviet AT viable to counter German armor. You know how long the soviets have been in the AT inferiority hole? And panthers are not supposed to have elefant-like range (even if their range was historically superior to practically any basic MBT the soviets had). The panther takes too long to kill, even when immobilized with an unprotected back. It can roll onto the battlefield, take pot shots at soviet armor, and turbo on out. Nuh-uh. No more panther rushes with no penalty.
29 Mar 2014, 00:52 AM

Half the ISU's shots bounce off in any case.
29 Mar 2014, 00:54 AM
Donator 11

The answer to late game should not be isu152 or is2, its commander units.

Making the T34 a valid AT weapon would be a much better solution.. just remove the stupid ram and make them actually able to fight armor.
29 Mar 2014, 00:59 AM

Seriously, ISU152 will be god. Some will say, *use the elefant to counter it, you dumbass, because it only takes 3 shots to kill an ISU*, but I answer to them: The elefant is almost the 75% of the time shooting at fucking infantry or AT guns instead of armor. AAND, with his long long long reload, you really cant counter an skilled ISU player if he goes forward to attack you while the elefant is reloading and goes backwards so he doesnt get shot back. Use this all the time and there you go, elefant dead.

They will increase AT capability of the ISU? No problem, but give HOLD FIRE to the elefant already ffs.

I think all dedicated AT should have an option to avoid firing at infantry. It is stupid to see my elefant automatically targetting conscripts. Su-85, and the stug, i guess. And the pak/field gun. Can we also have a fix for the stupid target weak point missing, yet using up the ability?
29 Mar 2014, 01:11 AM
Patrion 310

I think all dedicated AT should have an option to avoid firing at infantry. It is stupid to see my elefant automatically targetting conscripts. Su-85, and the stug, i guess. And the pak/field gun. Can we also have a fix for the stupid target weak point missing, yet using up the ability?

You can fix Weak point missing when you fix German tanks going backwards faster than T-34's can go forwards when attempting to ram. Imo blitzkrieg should be removed from German armour and instead give T-34's a Sprint / Boost ability, since for them to have any hope of doing damage they need to flank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★