Login

russian armor

Russians on Western Front? Really?

PAGES (7)down
29 Mar 2014, 21:07 PM

I am pretty sure at this point, you do not know what overexaggerate means.

I am pretty sure at this point, you do not know how to use google ;)
29 Mar 2014, 21:16 PM

I am pretty sure at this point, you do not know how to use google ;)

!!! Google Time.

In World War II, at least one incident of a tank ramming an enemy tank has been reported. In 1944, an Irish Guards Sherman rammed a Tiger II during Operation Goodwood.
-Wikipedia had been useless.

-Oh wait.
Tank rams, despite the beliefs of some, were not a very common occurrence. They happened in exceptional cases, where the gun was damaged or out of ammunition, or the two tanks found themselves unexpectedly close. Various sources count 52-160 tank-on-tank ram maneuvers being performed during all of WWII, in total. Let's take a look at some recorded ramming maneuvers, in roughly chronological order.
http://tankarchives.blogspot.com/2013/06/ramming-speed.html

-Huh. This many rams happen in game PER DAY in CoH2.

Edit: Most rams happened in Kursk. The Soviets did not have access to tanks like the Su-85, and the T34-85 as well as the IS series barely entered the prototype stage. Many, many mines and soviet defenses(AT guns as well) were the main reasons the soviets managed to hold back the superior german tanks. I cant wait until the Battle of Kursk ToW comes out...
29 Mar 2014, 21:40 PM

!!! Google Time.

In World War II, at least one incident of a tank ramming an enemy tank has been reported. In 1944, an Irish Guards Sherman rammed a Tiger II during Operation Goodwood.
-Wikipedia had been useless.

-Oh wait.
Tank rams, despite the beliefs of some, were not a very common occurrence. They happened in exceptional cases, where the gun was damaged or out of ammunition, or the two tanks found themselves unexpectedly close. Various sources count 52-160 tank-on-tank ram maneuvers being performed during all of WWII, in total. Let's take a look at some recorded ramming maneuvers, in roughly chronological order.
http://tankarchives.blogspot.com/2013/06/ramming-speed.html

Edit: Most rams happened in Kursk. The Soviets did not have access to tanks like the Su-85, and the T34-85 as well as the IS series barely entered the prototype stage. Many, many mines and soviet defenses(AT guns as well) were the main reasons the soviets managed to hold back the superior german tanks. I cant wait until the Battle of Kursk ToW comes out...

How many Tigers,Panthers,Elefants can you see PER DAY in COH2?

But most important that you said that raming is unrealistic. And game is over.
29 Mar 2014, 21:48 PM

How many Tigers,Panthers,Elefants can you see PER DAY in COH2?

But most important that you said that raming is unrealistic. And game is over.

*Facepalm*

re·al·is·tic
ˌrēəˈlistik/Submit
adjective
having or showing a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected.
"jobs are scarce at the moment, so you've got to be realistic"
synonyms: practical, pragmatic, matter-of-fact, down-to-earth, sensible, commonsensical, grounded; More
achievable, attainable, feasible, practicable, viable, reasonable, sensible, workable;
informaldoable
antonyms: idealistic, impracticable
representing familiar things in a way that is accurate or true to life.

Ramming is not a realistic approach to apprehending an enemy tank. It does not mean it never happened. Now accept it as we derailed this thread very badly. Also, in which i think you understood, that is the total number of rams per day for all players. In 24 hours, how many elefants, Tigers, and panthers have Ost made? A LOT.
29 Mar 2014, 21:52 PM

*Facepalm*

Why all the time you are starting to talk about other things? I just started to talk about raming.And thats all.GG.
29 Mar 2014, 21:57 PM

Why all the time you are starting to talk about other things? I just started to talk about raming.And thats all.GG.

Agh! Stop making no sense! I am going to run as far away from my computer as i can now. All i said was ramming was a rather unrealistic tactic IRL, and it was based on how few tanks had to resort to it, mainly russian tanks. Then:

"Why all the time you are starting to talk about other things? I just started to talk about raming.And thats all.GG."

Like where? I started the argument. I wrote facepalm, because i was indeed facepalming at every post.
29 Mar 2014, 22:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 19:28 PMKatitof

I'm explaining to you how they did come up with the name.
For the second line, you have pretty much answered yourself. That is if you aren't living under a rock and realize that whatever SS related is banned in a big chunk of our globe.

About the other stuff, why won't you ask relic themselves instead of going bananas over nomenclature?

I think its time for your antidepressant pill..
29 Mar 2014, 22:59 PM

I think its time for you to put crack pipe down, because that comment was completely unrelated in any way to a single word I've put there.

Unless you just wanted to write some random words.
Then you have succeeded.
29 Mar 2014, 23:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 22:59 PMKatitof
I think its time for you to put crack pipe down, because that comment was completely unrelated in any way to a single word I've put there.

Unless you just wanted to write some random words.
Then you have succeeded.

thats like everytime you post.. you only post when you dont agree with someones post and by writing insults between the lines. I have never ever in my life seen a positive post by you yet.. you are a cancer and should pop more antidep pills.
29 Mar 2014, 23:53 PM
Donator 11

If you never want to see the US and soviets at the same time, play 1v1.

Problem solved.

Cut relic some slack. Its a game and I'm quite excited about the new factions.
30 Mar 2014, 00:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 23:53 PMspaz
If you never want to see the US and soviets at the same time, play 1v1.

Problem solved.
If you are experiencing problems with the strength of the Panther tank, play 1v1. It can´t be spammed as easily there. Problem solved.

See, this argument is pretty weak.
30 Mar 2014, 00:40 AM

You could also play 2v2 if you have a buddy and play Allies.
30 Mar 2014, 00:44 AM

I personally dont mind if the 2 armies fight on west front but what I cant stand in coh2 is how catonnishly the war is represented.

In coh different munition types had different effects on infantry and terrain - look how the 105 pulverized squads of men, sent their bodies flying and pieces of the map such as fences, rubble, vehicle wreckaed flying around the map.

Mortars left a distinct crater in the ground and tank fire did the same, every little detail was included and even though the game it self may not have been so "realistic" the visuals were the most accurate of any rts I have ever seen.

Now in coh 2 instead or real high explosives satchels look like some Hollywood fire ball, there is no real terrain destruction all the weapons leave a black smudge. The railway arty doesn't even shift a guy they just fall down whre they got hit. The attention to detail and the physics are severly lacking and combined with the super colourful UI the game looks like a damn cartoon that I cant take seriously.

COH painted war in the brutality that it has, coh2 trivializes it, stuff like constant molotovs dont help.

If they fix these problems in the expansion I will personally be thrilled.
30 Mar 2014, 14:11 PM

CoH doesnt come near realism

How do you define realism?
1 Apr 2014, 05:27 AM

How do you define realism?

Well Penal Troops and Conscripts because the mainstay of the Red Army, not Soldiers. So all these "realism" arguments are quite comical.
7 Apr 2014, 01:23 AM

Everything is relative. CoH2 does not have to have absolute realism in order for us to claim our perception of WW II combat will be ruined by experiments like the one mentioned in this thread.
7 Apr 2014, 01:35 AM

Let's talk about Realism. There are things that I want to be " realism ", not everything.

1) I don't like the Ideal of Penal being the main unit of Russian. Why would you want to give criminal your SVT-40 then give it to Guard or Conscript ? That's the only problem I got with Soviet, not realism.

2) Russian with US on 1 site? Cool no fucking problem because after all this is just a MP game. The thing we should focus on is that the expansion should bring balance to the game, not about realism. I WILL get angry if they bring US and USSR into western front IF it's Single Player games. But what we are talking about here is MP.

Jesus guy, stop asking for too much.
7 Apr 2014, 03:26 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 00:44 AMHS King
I personally dont mind if the 2 armies fight on west front but what I cant stand in coh2 is how catonnishly the war is represented.

In coh different munition types had different effects on infantry and terrain - look how the 105 pulverized squads of men, sent their bodies flying and pieces of the map such as fences, rubble, vehicle wreckaed flying around the map.

Mortars left a distinct crater in the ground and tank fire did the same, every little detail was included and even though the game it self may not have been so "realistic" the visuals were the most accurate of any rts I have ever seen.

Now in coh 2 instead or real high explosives satchels look like some Hollywood fire ball, there is no real terrain destruction all the weapons leave a black smudge. The railway arty doesn't even shift a guy they just fall down whre they got hit. The attention to detail and the physics are severly lacking and combined with the super colourful UI the game looks like a damn cartoon that I cant take seriously.

COH painted war in the brutality that it has, coh2 trivializes it, stuff like constant molotovs dont help.

If they fix these problems in the expansion I will personally be thrilled.

not really a problem for me and ppl i play with...
7 Apr 2014, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2014, 01:35 AMKyle

1) I don't like the Ideal of Penal being the main unit of Russian. Why would you want to give criminal your SVT-40 then give it to Guard or Conscript ? That's the only problem I got with Soviet, not realism.

Um.. because 'criminals' are quite possibly better fighters and have a debt to society.
7 Apr 2014, 17:12 PM
Patrion 15

I never had a problem with the whole "realism" issue in multiplayer. Its not as if multiplayer is supposed to convey some historical scenario. Now if they released a campaign that had the Russians fighting on the western front that would just be ridiculous.

Never understood the whole "immersive" side of Coh2 multiplayer. For me, as long as the units and combat move fluidly and plays out in a semi-realistic manner, I could care less about the historical side of it.

That being said, I love the effort that the devs have put into making the weapons and vehicles sound authentic, that aspect of it is really really neat and only helps bring another level of polish to the game.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS