Login

russian armor

Russians on Western Front? Really?

PAGES (7)down
7 Apr 2014, 17:16 PM

Lots of personal stuff here, cmon guys, give each other a break.

I don't have any problems against the german against allies..
I think the game doesn't need to be super-realistic, because than squad wipes should be very common and a tank should kill a standing infantry unit every time.
I mean, just enjoy the realism that Relic has put into the game, and if you want a ultra realism, go in the army.
7 Apr 2014, 17:31 PM

Add me to the list of players who hates the idea of US/Soviet allies.

Yes, this is a game and it's not very realistic. Tanks firing in close proximity and not blowing each other to junk metal on the first shot is not realistic.

But there is a line. If we don't care realism, why not have the Japanese army play on the side of the Germans? Or what about letting the Germans field sharks with lasers on their heads? It's just a game, who cares about realism.
7 Apr 2014, 17:36 PM

But there is a line. If we don't care realism, why not have the Japanese army play on the side of the Germans?

You know this is actually very likely. Many of us would have rathered the Japenese over a second german faction in fact.
7 Apr 2014, 17:38 PM

Never understood the whole "immersive" side of Coh2 multiplayer. For me, as long as the units and combat move fluidly and plays out in a semi-realistic manner, I could care less about the historical side of it.

Well, CoH2 selling point is rough battles with germans against soviets on eastern front.
New armies will add to the game, but will kill immersion, because they do not fit these battlefields, not to mention scenarios like Americans and Soviets in one team.

Well, this speaks for itself when it comes to immersion.

7 Apr 2014, 18:14 PM
Patrion 15

Way to much arguing over semantics in this thread...
7 Apr 2014, 18:56 PM

These threads are always so entertaining. We are definitely at an impasse here, some people want historical accuracy (at least to a certain degree), and others like myself just want a WW2 themed game and would rather sacrifice realism for possible gameplay variety/improvement etc.

I personally would be happy to have any number of mix and match teams and mirror matches available, like most RTS games offer, so long as it's balanced, since it allows for more flexibility. I would also be happy to see a faction like Japan or Italy, much like they were presented in RUSE, maybe with some tweaks to make them more viable.

At the end of the day, I play purely because I find the game fun, although I'm starting to find it less fun to play recently. I'll wait and see how this DLC pans out, but if I can't play mix and match I might consider dropping the game just because it'll limit the gameplay more than I'd like.

Ultimately the decision will be made by Relic as to how much balance they want between realism and gameplay liberties.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 19
unknown 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak