Login

russian armor

HOLY POTATOES !!! patch 3/25

PAGES (24)down
25 Mar 2014, 18:04 PM

Of course, this patch will have few rough edges here and there, but I still would like to thank Devs for huge ammount of work done. Thank you!
25 Mar 2014, 18:13 PM

Carabine means semi-automatic, bolt-action isnt

No no no, Carbines mean shorter version of a rifle. Kar98k is not semi automatic but a shorter version of the Kar98.
25 Mar 2014, 18:15 PM

actually, i completely misread this.
The kar 98k does 2x more damge close range than the mosin, while dealing 3x at long range.
But i guess it's balanced because grens now are 4 man conscript teams which means as they die they quickly lose dps. While conscripts dont lose dps so quickly.
25 Mar 2014, 18:16 PM

Edit: nevermind
25 Mar 2014, 18:17 PM

No no no, Carbines mean shorter version of a rifle. Kar98k is not semi automatic but a shorter version of the Kar98.

I believe he meant the simplified names of the weapon profiles in COH, not the actual definition.
25 Mar 2014, 18:22 PM

Crap the SVT 40 took a HUGE nerf at all ranges. So yeah Penals looking just as bad as they used too....

SVT 40 appears to now be a close range weapon? Errrrrrr OKKKKKKKKKKK
25 Mar 2014, 18:24 PM

Crap the SVT 40 took a HUGE nerf at all ranges. So yeah Penals looking just as bad as they used too....

yeah, penals are basically are going to kill grens consistently at close ranges.
My guess is that penals are going to be pretty much required if you go T1 to support your conscripts.
25 Mar 2014, 18:26 PM

I would never in this state pick a Penal over a Script or let alone a PPSH scripts....ever.

They are ham strung. Of course play it first but wow thats not good. I wanted Penals to be good at something. On paper Scripts are better at more ranges than Penals except close range unless the scripts have PPSH then they are better there too.

Not to mention AT nades and Molos. Penals not looking good.
25 Mar 2014, 18:27 PM

I think it's more inline with their use as medium/close range units. Everyone was wondering why their rifles were great at long ranges, but having a flamethrower and satchel charge required them to close the distance. SVTs being "carbines" are now consistent with their role. Plus, they have pretty crazy ROF.
25 Mar 2014, 18:27 PM

Ah well, it's for the best I suppose. This way their upgrade and abilities improve their utility rather than reduce it.

On the other hand, there is now a lack of long range fire power in the soviet arsenal :/
25 Mar 2014, 18:29 PM

Ah well, it's for the best I suppose. This way their upgrade and abilities improve their utility rather than reduce it.

On the other hand, there is now a lack of long range fire power in the soviet arsenal :/

snipers. snipers.
snipers. snipers.
or gaurds.
25 Mar 2014, 18:33 PM

My poor beautiful Penals! NEVER GONNA GET THE LOVVVEEEE!!!
25 Mar 2014, 18:39 PM
Donator 33

At least now tanks rape infantry in all ranges, (goodbye armor bonuses), i cant wait to play this patch!
25 Mar 2014, 18:45 PM

I have concern about anti tank grenade. The rage was reduced from 50 to 20, meaning that kiting with German tank is even more easy now. You just keep it at medium rage and backing up all the time while upper mg will shred consqript squad into pieces.
Why not apply same changes to German Faust?
Figure, when grenadier squad gets in close proximity to soviet tank, and OH player hits the "Faust button", two seconds animation begins. If red army player perfectly reacts on time and backs up his tank, he will still get fausted, even if by the time the animation is over the tank is 70 meters away.
My point is that it is clearly said "to prevent Thor effect".... but Faust has Thor effect as well! And with such broken mechanics the total distance of Faust is 60-70!
The other concern is decreased damage of soviet barrage ability. I need to test it first, but so far it looks like a really nasty nerf to Soviets. There are a lot of soviet weapons that rely on high damage output of their barrage: PM-41, HM-38, ZiS-3, SU-76m, ML-20, B-4, and finally the Katyusha. Nerf to barrage ability makes less use of Soviet T4 and artillery. The whole concept of SU-76m was that this is a very fragile tank that dies to like two shots but it is very very lethal at far range. Now what????

I think most of these changes will not work towards late game balance, however improvements made to infantry are very appealing.
25 Mar 2014, 18:48 PM
Benefactor 115

it should be clarified that the activation range of the AT nade and panzerfaust haven't been changed.

What has changed is the distance the projectile will travel after being shot/thrown.
25 Mar 2014, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2014, 18:45 PMtokarev
I have concern about anti tank grenade. The rage was reduced from 50 to 20, meaning that kiting with German tank is even more easy now. You just keep it at medium rage and backing up all the time while upper mg will shred consqript squad into pieces.
Figure, when grenadier squad gets in close proximity to soviet tank, and OH player hits the "Faust button", two seconds animation begins. If red army player perfectly reacts on time and backs up his tank, he will still get fausted, even if by the time the animation is over the tank is 70 meters away.
My point is that it is clearly said "to prevent Thor effect".... but Faust has Thor effect as well! And with such broken mechanics the total distance of Faust is 60-70!
The other concern is decreased damage of soviet barrage ability. I need to test it first, but so far it looks like a really nasty nerf to Soviets. There are a lot of soviet weapons that rely on high damage output of their barrage: PM-41, HM-38, ZiS-3, SU-76m, ML-20, B-4, and finally the Katyusha. Nerf to barrage ability makes less use of Soviet T4 and artillery. The whole concept of SU-76m was that this is a very fragile tank that dies to like two shots but it is very very lethal at far range. Now what????

I think most of these changes will not work towards late game balance, however improvements made to infantry are very appealing.

Yep and guess what? AT naders will be kited into setup Grens that will just GRIND them at long range.

But to trade that for the ability to kill and capture shrek squads more easily i think is a good trade off. We shall have to see in practice. But nothing was more WTF for me than to have to retreat my supposed LETHAL AI T34/76 to a single Shrek squad because my support couldnt kill them.

25 Mar 2014, 18:52 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2014, 18:45 PMtokarev

Make sure to read carefully. Barrage was in no way altered. The template for barrages now scales to give a visual representation of how much scatter will occur based on range. This is a boon to the user not a nerf or hindrance.
25 Mar 2014, 18:57 PM

According to the changes it looks like combat engies are cheaper (thank god) and also pioneers will smoke them at close range. THE 251 FINALLY HAS USEFUL MGS!!!!!
25 Mar 2014, 18:57 PM
Donator 11

Kar is an abbreviation of 'Karabiner' which is german for carbine, and a carbine is a shorter barrel (usually heavier barrel) than its full length counter part.
So the Kar98 is a carbine.
The kar98K is a shorter version of that carbine ( the 'K' standing for kurz, which is 'short' in german )

25 Mar 2014, 19:05 PM

Anyone has intel on the 2 new maps? I guess everyone is ignoring that we're gonna have more maps.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS