Login

russian armor

German op abilities

23 Mar 2014, 17:30 PM

I fight the elephant at its great range by using T34/76s usually. If its a team game arty away all its defenses. Its a silly area denial gimmick IMHO.

You lose a tank to the Ele you know where the ele is camping because its slow you mosey on over there with a Pack of Tanks (its slow ROF means it cant kill them ALL) and you circle strafe the ele for about the next 5 mins until the damn massive HPs are depleted.

Sheesh Ele is easy mode at least in 2v2 maybe not in 4v4.....

Wtf? where is the german support? sleeping while you circle strafe the elef?
23 Mar 2014, 17:47 PM

Uhm, last time I checked, people were able to utilize a freaking ISU-152 in a commander that also had guards AND mark vehicle. Jeez, like Elefant is a problem...

Back to topic. Blitz is fine, smoke is fine. Protect your flanks, don't blob. What else is there to say? People have to start to be willing to learn how to play this game. It is easy enough, and much easier than CoH1 was!
23 Mar 2014, 19:25 PM

Wtf? where is the german support? sleeping while you circle strafe the elef?

Usually long long dead by Multiple Katushya Strikes. Having the elephant means less armor to protect it over all.

My most notable was my teamate using SI for repair stations and KV1/KV8 and I used 4 T34/76s to take out not one but two Elephants. I did lose one in the first assault though. Arty is a terrible thing to turles (which I also had and good GOD does it do alot of damage to the elephant)

I have yet to see a use of the elephant in 2v2 that didnt result in my teams win. But hey may change as I keep climbing the ladder.

I think its funny that there is so much complaints about the thing. It basically says I AM HERE WITH HALF THE GERMAN ARMY PLEASE HIT US ALL WITH ARTY WE ARE RIGHT HERE!!!!

But I guess thats just me...

Edit PM me if you want to see the replay I kept it because it was such a LOL sound thrashing with just silly T34/76s...
23 Mar 2014, 20:00 PM

Ok lets switch things around if you as german player had 3 paks a p4 , panther and I rushed you with a is2 , a su85 you would laugh yourself silly , the paks destroy the t34 ,panther p4 take out the is2 that's how shit Russian armour is for attacking to slow speed ,slow turning circle because there tank destroyers.

Also both Tiger and Panther are heavy tanks that can crush hedges you so also have this as an advantage.

Considering most 1v1 don't use t4 maybe relic should tweak this tier for multiplayer matches.

If you guys want a balanced game make all infantry same size ,health ,damage and tanks the same armour damage speed 1 sniper each just different models and voices all comes down to skill of the player.

Why have the Russians got a su85 anyway they stopped making these when t34/85 came into production they should be using su100

23 Mar 2014, 20:10 PM

Ok lets switch things around if you as german player had 3 paks a p4 , panther and I rushed you with a is2 , a su85 you would laugh yourself silly , the paks destroy the t34 ,panther p4 take out the is2 that's how shit Russian armour is for attacking to slow speed ,slow turning circle because there tank destroyers.

Also both Tiger and Panther are heavy tanks that can crush hedges you so also have this as an advantage.

Considering most 1v1 don't use t4 maybe relic should tweak this tier for multiplayer matches.

If you guys want a balanced game make all infantry same size ,health ,damage and tanks the same armour damage speed 1 sniper each just different models and voices all comes down to skill of the player.

Why have the Russians got a su85 anyway they stopped making these when t34/85 came into production they should be using su100

Asymmetric balance. It is balanced for the most part barring a few little things. Soviets get survive-ability in infantry and Germans get that in armor.

Also its not supposed to be a simulator but a game that has balance. If you are good with using it and protecting it there is nothing that can touch the AT DPS of the SU85 barring doctrinal units.

SU100 would have to be like an Elephant....

Same goes for all the Doctrinal Infantry killing power that the Soviets get that the Germans cant touch. They arent meant to be equal in all things just balanced over all. Sounds like you may be having a hard time getting that concept (not meaning any offense)
23 Mar 2014, 21:53 PM

Dude, the same elefant doctrine has an anti-arty stuka for cheap 160 muni, those germans player you played against, must be terrible.
23 Mar 2014, 22:23 PM

I think the only OP ability the germans have at the moment is the Stuka Bomb Strike. The 5-second warning is not enough to dodge it, considering you don't know where it hits. It can be called in during engagements on enemy AT guns or other support weapons for a guaranteed kill. You don't just randomly move your AT guns/support weapons around when they are shooting at panthers and whatnot, but if you don't, you suddenly hear a trumpet and by then it's already too late because the unit can't pack up and leave in time.

All other abilities are, in my opinion, either properly balanced or too weak. Things like med-kits and counter barrage need to be improved, and bugged abilities like the sniper stun round and target weak point need to be fixed so they function properly.
24 Mar 2014, 00:19 AM

Dude, the same elefant doctrine has an anti-arty stuka for cheap 160 muni, those germans player you played against, must be terrible.

One was one of the Sturm Tiger guys. They werent terrible. I think with all the Katushyas he honestly didnt realize that I had the ML20 till it was too late.

24 Mar 2014, 00:22 AM

I think the only OP ability the germans have at the moment is the Stuka Bomb Strike. The 5-second warning is not enough to dodge it, considering you don't know where it hits. It can be called in during engagements on enemy AT guns or other support weapons for a guaranteed kill. You don't just randomly move your AT guns/support weapons around when they are shooting at panthers and whatnot, but if you don't, you suddenly hear a trumpet and by then it's already too late because the unit can't pack up and leave in time.

All other abilities are, in my opinion, either properly balanced or too weak. Things like med-kits and counter barrage need to be improved, and bugged abilities like the sniper stun round and target weak point need to be fixed so they function properly.

+1 and +2 to fixing Target Weakpoint and Stun ALREADY sheesh....
24 Mar 2014, 01:14 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I could never understand why Jaeger armor should have Stuka AND Recon run... I always find it a too cheap way of dealing with Artillery. 240 muni for 600mp is a nice deal.
24 Mar 2014, 02:16 AM

I could never understand why Jaeger armor should have Stuka AND Recon run... I always find it a too cheap way of dealing with Artillery. 240 muni for 600mp is a nice deal.

240, Cheap? LOL

Joint Ops: 120+80 recon + light arty barrage
Close Air support: 160+30 Stuka bomb + 1 pass recon

Bitch please,
Counterattack tactic: 90, B4 = Stuka bomb that don't require sight
24 Mar 2014, 03:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2014, 02:16 AMPorygon

240, Cheap? LOL

Bitch please,

I was talking about Jaeger Armor. I dont know how effective some static artillery can be against that doctrine when your opponent can just save up munition to deal with it.

I know there are other cheaper versions -.-

With the B4 you are limited by the B4 range AND you actually need to vet it first. If something good the german have is, easy ways of countering artillery, specially on teamgames on which you expect someone having some kind of arty call in or recon.
24 Mar 2014, 04:16 AM

I was talking about Jaeger Armor. I dont know how effective some static artillery can be against that doctrine when your opponent can just save up munition to deal with it.

I know there are other cheaper versions -.-

With the B4 you are limited by the B4 range AND you actually need to vet it first. If something good the german have is, easy ways of countering artillery, specially on teamgames on which you expect someone having some kind of arty call in or recon.

Vetting a B4 is super easy <444>_<444>

If you are talking about team game, just ask a friend recon for you and even less muni drain, just have no idea what are you talking about.

vCOH have V1/bike, or off map howie WTFpwn nebels, nothing wrong with them.
You build a howie, you should expect someone will boom it with off map arty.
24 Mar 2014, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2014, 02:16 AMPorygon

240, Cheap? LOL

Bitch please,

Please tell how the IL2 bombing run is better than Stuka plus recon run? Or have the German only perspective clouded any semblance of balance in your mind?

Is it that slow deployment time of IL2 that makes it better? Is it the big obvious plume of smoke that says I AM LANDING HERE that makes it better?

Stuka is too cheap and has too many things going for it. Its abusive and OP in my eyes. It has an inadequate warning system for its power. And its far far far too cheap.

Edit: In case you forgot the IL2 ALONE is 240 Muni not to mention if you want recon run.
25 Mar 2014, 01:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2014, 04:16 AMPorygon

...just have no idea what are you talking about...

Line of discussion:

What do soviets have to deal with Elephant (Katitof) > Artillery (JHeartless) > (ME) Since Jaeger armor has recon + stuka, you have all the tools to deal with STATIC artyllery.

Then you derailed commenting with other cheap ways of dealing with artillery which are not what we were discussing here.
END.

Anyway, Elephant is very map situational, for a turtle style, passive enemy and/or SU85 spam.

25 Mar 2014, 01:25 AM

Please tell how the IL2 bombing run is better than Stuka plus recon run? Or have the German only perspective clouded any semblance of balance in your mind?

Is it that slow deployment time of IL2 that makes it better? Is it the big obvious plume of smoke that says I AM LANDING HERE that makes it better?

Stuka is too cheap and has too many things going for it. Its abusive and OP in my eyes. It has an inadequate warning system for its power. And its far far far too cheap.

Edit: In case you forgot the IL2 ALONE is 240 Muni not to mention if you want recon run.

Did you quote the wrong post? He didn't mention the IL-2 at all.
25 Mar 2014, 02:04 AM

Did you quote the wrong post? He didn't mention the IL-2 at all.

No he mentioned that Stuka is not OP because WITH recon run its costs 240 Muni. I simply expanded on that saying that just the Soviet Bombing run ALONE costs 240 Muni and is not nearly as good as Stuka. If it costs just as much as Stuka plus recon by itself is must be better right?

25 Mar 2014, 02:16 AM

Well Soviets have an easier time with Munitions, so I'd call it even. If you choose a doctrine that's munitions light, as Soviet, you'll float like a fucking boat even if you try not to.
25 Mar 2014, 06:40 AM

Considering all the molotovs and AT nades and of course mines we're meant to be using, I don't understand what you're saying...
25 Mar 2014, 06:41 AM

Considering all the molotovs and AT nades and of course mines we're meant to be using, I don't understand what you're saying...

They are dirt cheap dude <444>_<444>
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS