Login

russian armor

Counter to two man soviet sniper squads

21 Mar 2014, 19:15 PM

If i bother to play germans, nothing bothers me more than soviet snipers. In the game files, there is a stormtrooper/ jaegar light infantry squad that is 5 men, all with G43's (i think) and can be spawned from any ambient buildings. They have 2x decap, no cap, no at, and expensive spawn and reinforce costs. If i EVER encounter a soviet using his snipers and counters me bad, my counter would just be to spawn a squad of these right next to him and the g43's will wreck his snipers. Then a half track would come in and annihalate them, but it would be a fair counter to this cheap tactic of the soviets. Wouldnt this be a nice solution?
21 Mar 2014, 19:30 PM

I shudder to think how those squads will function. Each G43 rifle has more long range fire power than a vanilla grenadier squad. One of these squads have the fire power of 20 grenadiers! You would not even have to spawn them near the sniper, 1 volley at max range is enough to insta-gib both models.

Now that I think about it... Those squads would function just like snipers, except with 10 times more hp.
21 Mar 2014, 19:32 PM

If i bother to play germans, nothing bothers me more than soviet snipers. In the game files, there is a stormtrooper/ jaegar light infantry squad that is 5 men, all with G43's (i think) and can be spawned from any ambient buildings. They have 2x decap, no cap, no at, and expensive spawn and reinforce costs. If i EVER encounter a soviet using his snipers and counters me bad, my counter would just be to spawn a squad of these right next to him and the g43's will wreck his snipers. Then a half track would come in and annihalate them, but it would be a fair counter to this cheap tactic of the soviets. Wouldnt this be a nice solution?

It would be cool but Relic will have a CP req set to at least 2, damage done by that time.
21 Mar 2014, 20:12 PM

It would be cool but Relic will have a CP req set to at least 2, damage done by that time.

Of course, but that is available enough to counter snipers. I doubt they would be cheap to maintain, and soviets should be able to pump out their first armor by then.
21 Mar 2014, 22:47 PM

I shudder to think how those squads will function. Each G43 rifle has more long range fire power than a vanilla grenadier squad. One of these squads have the fire power of 20 grenadiers! You would not even have to spawn them near the sniper, 1 volley at max range is enough to insta-gib both models.

Now that I think about it... Those squads would function just like snipers, except with 10 times more hp.
They will most likely be very expensive. They are suppose to be the opposite of the partisan low-cost, low-value inflitration unit. They will be high-cost, high-value inflitration unit so they would probably be as expensive as shocks.
21 Mar 2014, 22:58 PM

I honestly hope they never get implemented (maybe just a pipe dream). I am so tired of commanders at this point.

Also if they need to emerge from buildings like Partisans they may get chewed up before they can shoot.
22 Mar 2014, 00:44 AM
22 Mar 2014, 01:34 AM

Sounds OP as hell
They are also 5 men squads with the same armor value as cons. They do a lot of damage but can't really take any. If they spawn in a bad spot they can get wiped very easily.
22 Mar 2014, 01:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Feels OP as hell
22 Mar 2014, 02:27 AM

I guess this is what we get instead of Fallschirm Jägers and their sexy FG42's..

A bit dissapointed. :/
22 Mar 2014, 03:32 AM

I don't understand why everyone just wants units ported directly from CoH1 with no changes.
22 Mar 2014, 11:57 AM

Counter to two german snipers + grens G43 blobs. No counters yes?
Maybe only katusha rocket launcher but nothing more. So with soviets you can countersnipe, but G43 is real problem. Snipers in coh 2 is not supposed to have right and effective counters.
Used german sniper to counter shock troops spam not once, i now what i talk. And double soviet to counter mg/pg spam.
22 Mar 2014, 12:56 PM

I guess this is what we get instead of Fallschirm Jägers and their sexy FG42's..

A bit dissapointed. :/

The Jäger Light inf thing has been kown for a long time now though, this doesn't mean they won't add Fallschirmjägers.
22 Mar 2014, 23:34 PM

I don't understand why everyone just wants units ported directly from CoH1 with no changes.

Probably because they seem to have a rather gimicky approach when they invent new stuff. Id rather have them reusing old concepts than introducing the next ram or clowncar.
23 Mar 2014, 11:44 AM

Probably because they seem to have a rather gimicky approach when they invent new stuff. Id rather have them reusing old concepts than introducing the next ram or clowncar.

Clown car is CoH1 concept.
Ram is basically balanced thread breaker.

Just to let you know.
23 Mar 2014, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 11:44 AMKatitof

Clown car is CoH1 concept.
Ram is basically balanced thread breaker.

Just to let you know.

Youre point being?
23 Mar 2014, 12:16 PM

Youre point being?

The "gimmicky stuff" is nothing new and oh so praised CoH1 was just as full of it as CoH2 is.
23 Mar 2014, 12:22 PM

Soviet players will tell you that snipers are balanced.
German players will tell you to pray RNG god with a lucky mortar shot or Scout car rush.

Me, as a Soviet/German player will advise you to avoid direct engagements on early game, There's no early game counter (don't let him gain CP's to build guards) make grens mostly to be more mobile, rush for an early flame Halftrack, try to get your opportunity with your halftrack from a flank. If you fail try to get enough fuel for T3. Don't forget to play for the RnG god as well =)
23 Mar 2014, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2014, 12:16 PMKatitof

The "gimmicky stuff" is nothing new and oh so praised CoH1 was just as full of it as CoH2 is.

Roos were a Tales of Valor thing and hardly an argument against the formula of the original game. If anything its another argument why they should stick with theire roots.

23 Mar 2014, 14:03 PM

Roos were a Tales of Valor thing and hardly an argument against the formula of the original game. If anything its another argument why they should stick with theire roots.

Airborne starfe, airborne supply/support weapon drops, zombie bunkers that could reinforce, V1 rocket, propaganda instant retreat, nuclear pinnaple grenades, sticky bomb 100% engine crit on anything, wehr vet, knight cross holders, nebelwerfers one shooting everything in building that single rocket hit, rifles being able to spam mines AND GET VET OFF MINE KILLS, tank trap abuse, PaK camo 3 shots.

And I haven't even started talking about OF factions.

There was much more gimmicky or plain retarded and stupid stuff in vCoH then people even want to remember.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★