Expansion spotted

PAGES (9)down
22 Mar 2014, 10:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

#gettinghypedevenifpossibletroll

+1.
22 Mar 2014, 10:12 AM

I wonder what's jeesuspietari's source. Not like those changes would have been everyone's dreams since how long.

Jesus told him, they are buddies
22 Mar 2014, 11:08 AM

Call me crazy, but I like the current commander system. I dont see how they could fit anywhere near the variety of stuff available now into only 3 commanders with Trees. And if they did, too many things would cross over, every commander would have heavies, elite inf and strong arty. Would seem odd.

Customisable commanders possible? They could have a general layout with swappable units (choose between Tiger or Elefant, Strafe or Bombing, etc).

I think the current system is fine but a lot need reworked simply because there are too many and a few are underpowered and never used. New units exist now that would make sense in older ones, but never will be placed into them because they're the 'flagship' of their own Commanders (Assault Grenadiers in German Infantry Doctrine, for example).
22 Mar 2014, 11:33 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Just to sum up what is going on here

22 Mar 2014, 11:41 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

The heads of relic will move to UK to announce changes in the structure of coh2, deployment too for little.

Is a suspicion that they have something...
22 Mar 2014, 11:56 AM

Hi, just thought I'd share, I heard they are going to ditch the current commander model and move to 3 basic commanders available to everyone with branching ability trees. People who bought commanders or the collectors edition are awarded various customization options instead

The Soviet faction is also getting a major overhaul as in the ppshs and molotovs now being global fuel based upgrades. Relic is hoping this will add a new layer of strategic depth to the game. They are also considering making the T34/85 a purchasable global upgrade. More details about the overhaul will be explained at the event and from what I understood there are going to be some changes to the Ostheer faction as well. We will see.

Relic is also hyped for all the recent community activity and wants to support tournaments and events in any way they can, thus introducing the long awaited spectator mode with various customization options to make streaming and content creation that much easier. To promote the new spectating tools, they will also be announcing a new RELIC/SEGA tournament sponsorhip program. Relic is hoping this will gradually result in the game stepping up to meet the needs of the competitive scene.

The large update will also be accompanied by a sizeable amount of balance and bug fixes. Those are not yet disclosed but I heard Relic is doing their best to tone down the RNG aspects in various ways to remove any frustration while keeping the games interesting. Removing full squad wipes and fixing broken or non-functional abilities are at the top of their priority list at this point.

To top it off, they are proud to finally announce full modding support. Relic wouldn't go into too much detail about it yet, but said they are now working hard to make it all Steam Workshop -compatible for ease of use.

Dang, seems like a bright future for CoH2 after all
I was hoping there would have been something for the outdated replay system as well but this doesn't seem too bad to begin with

Relic will never do this.So stop trolling.Relic will leave this design fail of a game in ist retarded Company of commanders to pull out more Money from DLC P2W crap.They have already gone this way and will not turn back.I m sure about this.The game has already been ruined by relic and there greedy style.
22 Mar 2014, 14:28 PM

Oh a Relic announcement, I'm so excited!
22 Mar 2014, 14:34 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

That pretty much sums up the general community feelings
22 Mar 2014, 14:58 PM
Patrion 14

let's just see what they actually announce before we start bashing on them... again ^^
22 Mar 2014, 15:01 PM

What else could it be besides an expansion pack or a major wave of significant DLCs (which they announced wont be coming any time soon a few days ago)?!

I mean I dont know that website but generally video game websites dont have events and write big articles about a patch (if its not including something huge/controversial), nor do developers travel to other countries to talk about something minor.

The fact that we havent seen any DLC for months (while knowing that certain DLC commanders were already being worked on) to me is a big hint that Relic's focus actually shifted towards something different. Probably because of the controversy around DLCs (and the nonsense p2w talk). And what should that be if not an expansion pack? Genuine question here.

Well...maybe Company of Heroes: Online 2 ...

:D
22 Mar 2014, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2014, 22:43 PMKatitof

Relick already gave you mobile arty. Don't count on mobile howitzers.

And back to topic, I wouldn't keep my hopes up too much, but will look for the infos as anyone else.

I don't give a shit about Panzerwerfer.
22 Mar 2014, 15:12 PM

Call me crazy, but I like the current commander system. I dont see how they could fit anywhere near the variety of stuff available now into only 3 commanders with Trees. And if they did, too many things would cross over, every commander would have heavies, elite inf and strong arty. Would seem odd.

+1
22 Mar 2014, 15:15 PM

What else could it be besides an expansion pack or a major wave of significant DLCs (which they announced wont be coming any time soon a few days ago)?!

I mean I dont know that website but generally video game websites dont have events and write big articles about a patch (if its not including something huge/controversial), nor do developers travel to other countries to talk about something minor.

The fact that we havent seen any DLC for months (while knowing that certain DLC commanders were already being worked on) to me is a big hint that Relic's focus actually shifted towards something different. Probably because of the controversy around DLCs (and the nonsense p2w talk). And what should that be if not an expansion pack? Genuine question here.

Well...maybe Company of Heroes: Online 2 ...

:D

You can forget an Expansion pack. It take years to make a big Expansion pack for a small Company like relic with there 10 workers.You not really awaiting that they Launch a fullscale big Expansion pack out of nowhere this month do you?

And another Thing to note: They have announced new free commanders a few weeks ago with there Rome 2 vs Company of DLCs crap.So i don t believe that they will Change the whole commanders System.
22 Mar 2014, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2014, 15:15 PMAffe

You can forget an Expansion pack. It take years to make a big Expansion pack for a small Company like relic with there 10 workers.You not really awaiting that they Launch a fullscale big Expansion pack out of nowhere this month do you?

And another Thing to note: They have announced new free commanders a few weeks ago with there Rome 2 vs Company of DLCs crap.So i don t believe that they will Change the whole commanders System.

And yet they have managed to pump one as soon as 1 year after release for all their previous game and we already got content worth of expansion scale by the end of the year.
22 Mar 2014, 15:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

No one knows that jesus guy, but then suddenly he has big news that even guys who are in contact with relic dont know about. Call me skeptic.
22 Mar 2014, 15:37 PM

You can forget an Expansion pack. It take years to make a big Expansion pack for a small Company like relic with there 10 workers.

What Katitof said.

You not really awaiting that they Launch a fullscale big Expansion pack out of nowhere this month do you?

No, and I didnt say that I do.

Yes they gave us new free commanders which they finished weeks (/months) before that event happened but they didnt give us the commanders that were meant to be paid for.

Thats actually part of the reason why I do think that they are looking for a change. I dont think that they will completely stop DLC production (they still have to create some ToW Dlcs) but rather slow it down and do something different in between or rather convert their "sell 10 4$ dlcs" into a "sell 1 30$ expansion pack and add some small dlcs here and there".

Obviously im simply speculating but Im still asking: What else is the "next step" in the franchise supposed to be? Will they announce another small ToW campaign which isnt supposed to be released "any time soon" in such a manner?

There are a lot of signs that Relic is working on something different now and Im quite sure that that announcement will reveal what it is.
22 Mar 2014, 15:58 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Double post >.<
22 Mar 2014, 15:58 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Really want to believe the Jesus guy. Going back to the old COHO style of commanders YES PLEASE!

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
unknown 16
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %