Login

russian armor

Penal Battalions THE THREAD!

6 Mar 2014, 23:27 PM

I'm pretty sure there was a turret jam critical back in alpha, so mechanic is already in game.

Whoa Damn! I dont remember this one? I do so miss the wire field though :*(

Back on topic.

If its still in the game code some wheres maybe a moder can mess with it. Whenever Mod support resurfaces.

It certainly sounds more fair than Ram and would be funny to see an Ostwind Assault Gun :P
6 Mar 2014, 23:49 PM

When ppl see my penal. They ask "do we have any use for this scum".....squad
7 Mar 2014, 11:12 AM

Penals could get some love with new commander. Maybe some lend-lease commander giving Penals bazookas at 4/5 CP?

Anyway they are useful in team games when reinforced with conscripts, and you dont have shock troopers at hand.
7 Mar 2014, 11:16 AM

Penals could get some love with new commander. Maybe some lend-lease commander giving Penals bazookas at 4/5 CP?

Anyway they are useful in team games when reinforced with conscripts, and you dont have shock troopers at hand.

Anything that would bind their usefulness to a commander is a horrible idea.

They are not a commander unit, they should be useful without one.
7 Mar 2014, 11:27 AM

It would be a doctrinal upgrade like PPSH or G43.
If they would get bazookas they would be an alternative to guards and at least that would create some tactics revolving around Penals.

I dont know whats wrong with that?
7 Mar 2014, 12:03 PM

It would be a doctrinal upgrade like PPSH or G43.
If they would get bazookas they would be an alternative to guards and at least that would create some tactics revolving around Penals.

I dont know whats wrong with that?

To better show you what is wrong with that, please close your eyes and imagine that pgren shrecks are doctrinal only, or flame upgrade for 251 is doctrinal only. How appealing the units are now? Still no brainer go-to units?

The problem is with NON DOCTRINAL unit and it needs to be solved without more doctrinal bullshit, its enough that soviet need to pick a doctrine by 3rd minute when germans can wait and wait and wait with their choice for suitable situation.
7 Mar 2014, 16:00 PM

Yeah I wouldn't want a doctrine to fix them myself. I feel they need to perform like elite infantry without doctrine since they cost as much as elite infantry.

They perform how they should imho for cost only at Vet 2. Before vet 2 they are too expensive for what they bring.

A doctrine would just lower your choices. And I dont like the one doctrine ability thats tied to a certian Tier as it is.

Zis camo? You mean to enjoy this benefit I need to build T2? That sucks...what if I want T1?

Same sort of thing.
7 Mar 2014, 16:57 PM

To better show you what is wrong with that, please close your eyes

Stopped reading after this, couldnt see anything.

Anyway i think my suggestions is more fitted for a Penals thread in the other forum section. While what i said would make them pretty decent unit i guess it doesnt fall in to the category of being useful/balanced without doctrine like ones discussed in this thread.

Zis camo? You mean to enjoy this benefit I need to build T2? That sucks...what if I want T1?

Well, if thats a problem for you, just dont pick commanders with such abilities, cant have everything :P Really, now
7 Mar 2014, 18:24 PM

My penal carries huge satchels that are filled with explosive materials....Squad
7 Mar 2014, 18:33 PM

My penal carries huge satchels that are filled with explosive materials....Squad

I get what you're trying to do, but english doesn't work that way.
7 Mar 2014, 19:09 PM

Stopped reading after this, couldnt see anything.

Anyway i think my suggestions is more fitted for a Penals thread in the other forum section. While what i said would make them pretty decent unit i guess it doesnt fall in to the category of being useful/balanced without doctrine like ones discussed in this thread.

Well, if thats a problem for you, just dont pick commanders with such abilities, cant have everything :P Really, now

Thats fair. So you think the fix would be a doctrinal fix and if you didnt get that doctrine then Penals continue to be the Second most expensive infantry in the game that dont even stack up to General Grens with Non doctrinal upgrades?

I get the need for AT especially in T1 but I wouldnt think that even doing it that way would make them cost balanced. I mean you might as well at that point have a Lend Lease Bazooka call in unit.
7 Mar 2014, 20:06 PM

How to fix Penals:

Make them 320mp
Come with 50muni dbl ptrs upgrade
oorah at vet 1
increase armor at vet 2/accuracy
make a bulletin allowing for faster vet
7 Mar 2014, 20:12 PM

How to fix Penals:

Make them 320mp
Come with 50muni dbl ptrs upgrade
oorah at vet 1
increase armor at vet 2/accuracy
make a bulletin allowing for faster vet

And say good bye to Guards forever.

Everything but the Double PTRS sounds good. I mean Button on guards is ok and all but if I could get PTRS with penals LOL good bye forever guards.

Maybe 1 PTRS for 50 muni? That way they are still more AI and have some AT?
7 Mar 2014, 20:14 PM

And say good bye to Guards forever.

Everything but the Double PTRS sounds good. I mean Button on guards is ok and all but if I could get PTRS with penals LOL good bye forever guards.

Maybe 1 PTRS for 50 muni? That way they are still more AI and have some AT?

40 muni then for 1 of em' would be fair in my eyes.
8 Mar 2014, 01:34 AM

von, if they became 320 MP then assgrens would be useless
are you also in favor of making assgrens cheaper? because if you're not penals will pretty much become the be all end all to everything
8 Mar 2014, 01:59 AM

I said in another thread the Agrens should be cheaper along time ago. I am on board with that. They are the only unit that Penals can actually beat at the moment.
8 Mar 2014, 02:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

AssGrens maybe need to have a better vet upgrade. That´s it. Problem with them is not scaling so well during mid-late game.
Reducing them at 300 (?) would make them a bit overperfoming at early game. They are somehow now on a "fine" line.

PTRS are just fine against T2 or when inside a house/green cover and the P4/Stug is just standing still.
A single Lend Lease Bazooka unlocked at T3/T4 for 60muni seems fine for me. It wont be a proper AT as shrecks PGs but would provide a fine AT support. Sames as AT partisans.
8 Mar 2014, 03:45 AM

von, if they became 320 MP then assgrens would be useless
are you also in favor of making assgrens cheaper? because if you're not penals will pretty much become the be all end all to everything

True this, Agrens are pretty much worthless as soon as anything stronger than vanilla conscripts hit the field.
8 Mar 2014, 04:23 AM

A single Lend Lease Bazooka unlocked at T3/T4 for 60muni seems fine for me. It wont be a proper AT as shrecks PGs but would provide a fine AT support. Sames as AT partisans.

Or "Captured Panzershrek Upgrade" for 60 muni MVGame

I do like that lend lease bazooka upgrade idea though. I still think it only really needs an AT nade unlocked ability at vet 1, along side with reduction to 320mp and armor vetereancy like von said
8 Mar 2014, 05:15 AM

I wonder how hard and/or feasible making satchel charges like sticky nades would be...

The long timer gives a german player time to maneuver and position itself best for an impending disabling effect.

But at a certain point I feel like they should just be renamed Strelky
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS