Login

russian armor

New battle servers - goodbye to coh2 for bad comps?

25 Feb 2014, 10:36 AM

Since the new patch i got 4 wins and 50 losses.
It seems I am a few seconds behind the game all the time and then it suddenly starts to fast-forward. This makes it hard to keep units alive and I am always behind.
I play on a cheap laptop and my internet is also quite bad. But before the patch it was alright. Is there somethin that I can do or do I have to wait to get some new equipment? Anyone else having the same problems?
25 Feb 2014, 10:43 AM

Permanently Banned
it wasnot fine befor patch, cuz probably you made the opponent mad...

buy new pc , it is 2014...
25 Feb 2014, 10:58 AM

Since the new patch i got 4 wins and 50 losses.
It seems I am a few seconds behind the game all the time and then it suddenly starts to fast-forward. This makes it hard to keep units alive and I am always behind.
I play on a cheap laptop and my internet is also quite bad. But before the patch it was alright. Is there somethin that I can do or do I have to wait to get some new equipment? Anyone else having the same problems?

It was alright for you, but everyone else hated you. Just saying

you probably got wins from me, because I couldn't stand the lag and I bailed out.

Sorry, but we shouldn't be punished for your bad equipment and ISP.

:thumbsup:
25 Feb 2014, 11:02 AM

It was alright for you, but everyone else hated you. Just saying

you probably got wins from me, because I couldn't stand the lag and I bailed out.

:thumbsup:

Yeah I guess the lag-strategy doesnt work anymore. Have to get a new comp and learn to play. :)
25 Feb 2014, 11:06 AM
Patrion 14

I don't have the best rig nor a high end internet connection but since the battleservers, I can finally enjoy lag free matches so the problem is prolly going to be on your end unfortunately..
25 Feb 2014, 11:51 AM

I had a match online a couple weeks ago, every 10 seconds had a 2 second pause, and every once in awhile it would just stop for upwards of 30 seconds. It was horrible.
25 Feb 2014, 12:29 PM

AAA games aren't meant to work on 7 year old rigs.
25 Feb 2014, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2014, 12:29 PMKatitof
AAA games aren't meant to work on 7 year old rigs.

That's quite a broad statement. World of warcraft? SC2? They run perfectly fine on 7 year old rigs, just saying and they aren't indie games I'm sure you know. ;)

If I'm thinking this right, correct me if I'm wrong, but as of now the player who is closest to the servers will have an advantage no? Or are pings equalised based on who has the highest? 3v3s and 4v4s and have improved dramatically which is great, I'm sad to say my input lag is akin to a particularly bad 1v1 match up pre-battle servers. Compromises have to be made I suppose. I don't know what system SC2 runs but I play on the NA ladder despite living in aus and input lag isn't an issue at all. Curious as to why its not the case here.
25 Feb 2014, 13:17 PM

That's quite a broad statement. World of warcraft? SC2? They run perfectly fine on 7 year old rigs, just saying and they aren't indie games I'm sure you know. ;)

And its not like they were released last year or are running an awesome looking graphics too you know. How many years old is WoW? And SC2 on its release day already had graphics outdated by 3 years.

If I'm thinking this right, correct me if I'm wrong, but as of now the player who is closest to the servers will have an advantage no? Or are pings equalised based on who has the highest? 3v3s and 4v4s and have improved dramatically which is great, I'm sad to say my input lag is akin to a particularly bad 1v1 match up pre-battle servers. Compromises have to be made I suppose. I don't know what system SC2 runs but I play on the NA ladder despite living in aus and input lag isn't an issue at all. Curious as to why its not the case here.

Difference in money, game engine, infrastructure ect.
Comparing blizzard to relic is like comparing a car to space shuttle when it comes to money owned/invested.
I love that bad connection/lagging player don't break the game for everyone anymore.
It was often the case that X player lags and Y player is dropped, which completely ruined any fun of automatch.
25 Feb 2014, 13:40 PM

Sorry to hear that you're having performance issues OP, but as others have said - unfortunately it is probably your rig =/ so far battle servers have seemed to really help things, which is great.

As to why SC2 has better performance than CoH 2 - SC 2 is definitely way better optimized but more than that it has a really large range of graphics settings. The lowest end settings of SC 2 look AWFUL, but it allows older machines to run the game. Even the highest settings of SC 2 aren't as "pretty" as CoH 2 but more than that CoH 2 seems to have a lot more going on in the background with truesight having to be reported by every unit, and the combat calculations are a lot more involved. Also the playerbase tends to be way more spread out than if you were just playing SC 2 on the NA server.

@Happy Not really sure if there is some mojo going on with you playing sc2 on NA servers with no delay but I used to play WoW with a guy from Aus and he had at least 300+ ping consistently
25 Feb 2014, 20:16 PM

The player lagging is at a disadvantage, the player not lagging has no advantage. There's a difference. It is probably more your ISP than graphics, if it doesn't stutter in single player then stuttering is from your connection when online.

Sorry, but this has made multiplayer games so much better for the vast majority of people that I can only recommend budgeting for a new comp.

25 Feb 2014, 20:28 PM
Benefactor 115

OP which country do you live in? also do you know how to perform a trace route?
25 Feb 2014, 22:25 PM

Sounds like Aussie CoH2 gamers are pretty stuffed then, we always have 200+ pings when dealing with the US and 3-400 pings when dealing with EU. Doesn't sound promising to me I must say... that said Battle servers are a step in the right direction.
26 Feb 2014, 13:03 PM

Since patch, a friend with a bad computer also have some issue even this nvidia new drivers. Every first game we have done, he has been kicked. Everybody start the game but because he is too long, the server kick him. At the second game it is still long but he is not kicked.
26 Feb 2014, 15:51 PM

Sounds like Aussie CoH2 gamers are pretty stuffed then, we always have 200+ pings when dealing with the US and 3-400 pings when dealing with EU. Doesn't sound promising to me I must say... that said Battle servers are a step in the right direction.

Its not horrible.. its not great either. If the servers were based in LA, it would be fine, since east coast aus will ping ~150ms to LA which is decent for RTS. But I think they are actually in canada, the lag does feel about 300-400 ms delay in command inputs.

If I had to choose these servers over p2p, definitely these servers, p2p is just too unreliable even though most of the time you can connect to the other person just fine. The rest of the time they can be pretty horrible, this is a decent middle ground.
26 Feb 2014, 16:22 PM
Benefactor 115

the servers are in new york.
26 Feb 2014, 16:35 PM

the servers are in new york.

Ah k, explains it, usually in the range of 250-300 ms to ny servers.
27 Feb 2014, 09:28 AM

Are there any IP addresses or hostnames known of these Relic servers in New York?

I am in the Netherlands and I am very curious what my ping/latency is to these servers. Since the introduction of the battle server sometimes a have a small hickup when playing 1v1 matches. Its not very often that this happens but before I didnt had any issues at all. My connection is 100/100 fiber.
27 Feb 2014, 09:36 AM
Honorary Member Badge

so you were one of the ASSHOLES lagging my game good riddens. :P
27 Feb 2014, 10:03 AM
Patrion 14

No sympathy for laggers and people on dial-up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Russian Federation 12
United States 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak