Login

russian armor

Make War not Love

13 Feb 2014, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 23:10 PMNoun
Not alpha server matches. Sorry, that's correct. This is pulling from our live game server.

Well... There's no way i'm going back to P2P multiplayer. I guess i can't help out with this one, as much as i'd love free commanders.
3 of 5 Relic postsRelic 13 Feb 2014, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 23:17 PMrmag37

Well... There's no way i'm going back to P2P multiplayer. I guess i can't help out with this one, as much as i'd love free commanders.

Any game mode. Just on the regular build and not the test server.
14 Feb 2014, 00:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 23:39 PMNoun

Any game mode. Just on the regular build and not the test server.

Maybe i'll finally play some ToW. I've heard mostly good things about it.
14 Feb 2014, 00:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 21:40 PMKatitof

Why knowing relic?
Its EXACTLY how it will be.

Why reading comprehension is such a rare skill on these forums?

Win=5 days free DLC, then it goes back to normal what is so overly complicated here that you people need additional explanations?

I swear, common sense seems to be getting lost for humanity with the 'evolution' process.

My reading comprehension is fine. But the true intentions writing these lines sometimes are misleading on purpose.

The sentence seems to say that the DLC commander will only be available for 5 days, but as Noun just said, it seems the commanders will be for you as if purchased.

Anyway, I really doubt that CoH2 has any chance against Rome II.

Rome 2. Was a bigger blowout then coh2. Terrible game

Rome II release was even worse than COH2's. But CA did a better job patching the game, and mods are really useful for avoiding the game's design failures.

14 Feb 2014, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 00:18 AMGreeb

Rome II release was even worse than COH2's. But CA did a better job patching the game, and mods are really useful for avoid the game's design failures.

What are mods? I don't know what they are in CoH2...
14 Feb 2014, 00:38 AM

That's because Relic pretty much disabled them for CoH2. I'd love to mod CoH2 but you just can't.

I understand they have plans for Steam Workshop integration, which is great, but disabling mods in the interim doesn't make any sense to me.
14 Feb 2014, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 00:38 AMKolaris
That's because Relic pretty much disabled them for CoH2. I'd love to mod CoH2 but you just can't.

I understand they have plans for Steam Workshop integration, which is great, but disabling mods in the interim doesn't make any sense to me.

Yeah, I had really hoped you would show up to work your magic again. The detailed tooltips mod was fantastic. Thanks for that =) I hope you stick around until relic hands over some mod tools.
14 Feb 2014, 01:09 AM

So does this mean we should just go into custom match and make 4v1 matches to win quickly?
14 Feb 2014, 01:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

So does this mean we should just go into custom match and make 4v1 matches to win quickly?

Find a friend and play a ton of custom matches, and take turns resigning from the game immediately after it finishes loading. It's for the greater good, after all :P
14 Feb 2014, 01:41 AM

Find a friend and play a ton of custom matches, and take turns resigning from the game immediately after it finishes loading. It's for the greater good, after all :P

I like the way you think
14 Feb 2014, 04:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

IA matches included ? This is a good time if someones needs to "farm" bulletins.
14 Feb 2014, 05:32 AM

Where Can I see who is winning??
14 Feb 2014, 07:42 AM

4 of 5 Relic postsRelic 14 Feb 2014, 07:47 AM

AI and single player matches count.
14 Feb 2014, 07:48 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2014, 22:24 PMNoun

You have to claim it within 5 days.

haha, it will be good to play against that soviet doctrine in every 1v1 match ... hope ROme2 win.
14 Feb 2014, 09:45 AM

Normally I would not make overly negative comments about games but I out of CoH2 and Rome 2 I feel that only CoH2 is fixable. IMO CoH2 is in the same position as Civ 5, it fixed some things but forgot that it was 'depth' that drew people to the game and its possible for a good expansion could fix things. Rome 2 on the other hand is just... broken... for a player who loves to play Total War games on VH and then legendary it just does not work as the AI is just bad, so bad I would say its like trying to play Chess by yourself. Everything great from Shogun 2 was gutted, the mutiplayer was guttered, the agents, the battles, the civil war, the graphics were all guttered...

I mean CoH2 is an okay game but the problem is that I a have a whole host of games that are just "better" than it ATM and it does not draw me in as vCoH did...
14 Feb 2014, 09:53 AM

Normally I would not make overly negative comments about games but I out of CoH2 and Rome 2 I feel that only CoH2 is fixable. IMO CoH2 is in the same position as Civ 5, it fixed some things but forgot that it was 'depth' that drew people to the game and its possible for a good expansion could fix things. Rome 2 on the other hand is just... broken... for a player who loves to play Total War games on VH and then legendary it just does not work as the AI is just bad, so bad I would say its like trying to play Chess by yourself. Everything great from Shogun 2 was gutted, the mutiplayer was guttered, the agents, the battles, the civil war, the graphics were all guttered...

I mean CoH2 is an okay game but the problem is that I a have a whole host of games that are just "better" than it ATM and it does not draw me in as vCoH did...

Even after 9 huge patches? 10 is on the way as well according to news.
14 Feb 2014, 09:57 AM

http://www.makewarnotlove.com/

I cannot see anything there about which game is winning right now?
14 Feb 2014, 10:31 AM

Even after 9 huge patches? 10 is on the way as well according to news.

*ahem*
Calling them huge is a bit of a stretch, I mean this was the AI just 2 months ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BOqpi-g3Yg

I was not was of the ragers 5 months ago demanding CA head but after 5 months fack all has be done to fix the game and the campaign lacks any sort of challenge next to Shogun 2. One of the reasons why I liked CA games over the Paradox was because of how buggy Paradox games used to be but with Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4 Paradox has really upped their game and CA has not, why would I want to play Rome 2 campaign when Crusader King 2 has more depth and makes a million times more sense...

Also as a note to both CA and Relic, I have not spent a single penny on both ROme and CoH2's DLC but I dont hate DLC as I spent a shit ton of cash on Paradox's DLC (although I only really buy the gameplay packs). Pay to Win Commanders or Cutting out of part of the campaign map and charging a tenner? No thank you but Rajahs Of India?

I want DLC to offer MORE game than DLC that forces you to buy it so that orginal does not seem so shitty...
14 Feb 2014, 10:45 AM
Patrion 14

O/T slightly, Rome 2 is the most disappointing release in years. I love the TW games. LOVE THEM (calm down Beltfed) yet Rome 2 is so... dull. And unintuitive. And broken.

I'll get back into it eventually, especially once its modded but dammit I'll never make a day one release purchase again.

CoH2 is a model of stability and immersion by comparison.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS