Login

russian armor

Make War not Love

14 Feb 2014, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 09:57 AMgokkel

I cannot see anything there about which game is winning right now?

same for me. perhaps the firewall of my job. I will try at home
14 Feb 2014, 11:48 AM

*ahem*
Calling them huge is a bit of a stretch, I mean this was the AI just 2 months ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BOqpi-g3Yg

I was not was of the ragers 5 months ago demanding CA head but after 5 months fack all has be done to fix the game and the campaign lacks any sort of challenge next to Shogun 2. One of the reasons why I liked CA games over the Paradox was because of how buggy Paradox games used to be but with Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4 Paradox has really upped their game and CA has not, why would I want to play Rome 2 campaign when Crusader King 2 has more depth and makes a million times more sense...

Also as a note to both CA and Relic, I have not spent a single penny on both ROme and CoH2's DLC but I dont hate DLC as I spent a shit ton of cash on Paradox's DLC (although I only really buy the gameplay packs). Pay to Win Commanders or Cutting out of part of the campaign map and charging a tenner? No thank you but Rajahs Of India?

I want DLC to offer MORE game than DLC that forces you to buy it so that orginal does not seem so shitty...

Okay, but did you play with the ninth patch? If not, patch seven doesn't matter anymore.

@gokkel : There are percentages for each game. Check your Adobe Flash settings if you can't see.
14 Feb 2014, 11:51 AM
Senior Editor Badge

the two new commanders DLC for CoH2 are:

*Soviet Advanced Warfare (T34-85 with Vet3)
*Luftwaffe Air Superiority

they are added on 11th feb small patch.

someone on reddit found what they changed in this small patch:

Red = changed from previous version
Blue = new after patch

http://www.coh2.org/topic/13970/small-update-today/post/120746

sorry Noun :(
14 Feb 2014, 12:17 PM

Okay, but did you play with the ninth patch? If not, patch seven doesn't matter anymore

Oh yes and its still mostly shite, think about it in CoH2 term, boats are all of sudden added to the game and ANY land unit when moving onto the water is transformed into the Bismarck which are able to bypass any land forces and directly attack the base of the other player but the AI is so rotten that they land the ships and the units dont jump off...

O/T slightly, Rome 2 is the most disappointing release in years. I love the TW games. LOVE THEM (calm down Beltfed) yet Rome 2 is so... dull. And unintuitive. And broken.

Is one of the worst thing in the game, I mean I can play game like Victoria 2 which is a mine field hard of to understand gameplay when it comes to the Industry side or Crusader Kings 2 relatively complex political systems but nothing in Rome 2 makes any fucking sense even though its all dumbed down, like why is the ability of my Roman infantry is them being whipped, what causes civil wars which make them spawn armies from nowhere and why the fuck do all of the agents play the same?

Its like CoH2 is the Rage of RTS games, being made by great people and is a bit of let down next to the Colonial Marines mess of Rome 2...
14 Feb 2014, 12:48 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 11:51 AMnigo
the two new commanders DLC for CoH2 are:

*Soviet Advanced Warfare (T34-85 with Vet3)
*Luftwaffe Air Superiority

they are added on 11th feb small patch.

sorry Noun :(

without vet3.
14 Feb 2014, 13:33 PM

SO how can this be a even fight? As i know the playerbase is bigger in ROME 2 than COH2. Will there be a analoge player/games or something like that?
14 Feb 2014, 14:33 PM

I was not was of the ragers 5 months ago demanding CA head but after 5 months fack all has be done to fix the game and the campaign lacks any sort of challenge next to Shogun 2. One of the reasons why I liked CA games over the Paradox was because of how buggy Paradox games used to be but with Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4 Paradox has really upped their game and CA has not, why would I want to play Rome 2 campaign when Crusader King 2 has more depth and makes a million times more sense...

Well, I partially agree with you, but we need to distinguish between design failures or simply bugs.

Rome II had (and still has) a LOT of bugs. But for really terrible design failures I only would say that city micromanagement and lack of seasons are the most important.
I can cope even with the ugly interface.
Politics, agents, etc are been impreved in each patch to be as good as was in Shogun 2.

But CoH2, instead, has much less bugs but it has a pile of absurd design mistakes. A lot of units and abilities seem designed by a guy who hasn't played a single minute to the game, like Tiger Ace, strafes, pre-patched Opel trucks, Hit the dirt, etc...
We have DLC commanders, lack of lobbies, game modes, leaderboards... a lot of things that aren't bugs.

Which game did worse? Both did it wrong, but at least Rome II had good intentions that failed when implemented and day by day they are being fixed.

Fixing the terrible bad decisions that CoH2 developers did seems to me impossible right now. And we will never see a good CoH2 game until mods will be allowed again.

SO how can this be a even fight? As i know the playerbase is bigger in ROME 2 than COH2. Will there be a analoge player/games or something like that?

Well, most Rome2 players actually don't play battles and just let the AI autoresolve the engagement. The "make war not love" event only takes account of the games played by a human player, not autoresolved battles.
If that is enough to make up for the playerbase's big difference... I don't know.

It would have been wise by Relic to patch the game before the event, as more players would be lured to the game due the new changes and the nerfed Tiger Ace.
14 Feb 2014, 14:34 PM

A "normal" Total War battle usually takes 20- 40 mins( sometimes an hour), a "normal" CoH 2 1v1can be played in 10-30
14 Feb 2014, 14:44 PM

Oh yes and its still mostly shite, think about it in CoH2 term, boats are all of sudden added to the game and ANY land unit when moving onto the water is transformed into the Bismarck which are able to bypass any land forces and directly attack the base of the other player but the AI is so rotten that they land the ships and the units dont jump off...

I'll wait for at least two more patches then.
14 Feb 2014, 15:59 PM

Permanently Banned

A "normal" Total War battle usually takes 20- 40 mins( sometimes an hour), a "normal" CoH 2 1v1can be played in 10-30

and in coh2, there will be always a victory because someone will always win Kappa
not like in Rome 2 where Ai could beat you.
14 Feb 2014, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 15:59 PMakosi

and in coh2, there will be always a victory because someone will always win Kappa
not like in Rome 2 where Ai could beat you.

Well, CoH2 don't lack compstompers and I doubt all of them are always winning, considering the "AI too hard" threads from time to time.
14 Feb 2014, 16:07 PM

@gokkel : There are percentages for each game. Check your Adobe Flash settings if you can't see.

Ahh that lifted the riddle. It was both on 50% and I thought that means those two games are both 50% off on steam (which is the case) :D. Now it is 51% vs 49% so I noticed it.
14 Feb 2014, 16:46 PM

Er.. A Rome 2 battle takes 5-15 minutes. Just played with last patch game is still god awful.
14 Feb 2014, 18:57 PM

COH is winning 51/49!
14 Feb 2014, 19:11 PM
Patrion 14

Every Rome 2 battle takes me 5 minutes because of the stupid AI. But you won't have battle after battle, so it's okay.
14 Feb 2014, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 14:33 PMGreeb

Well, I partially agree with you, but we need to distinguish between design failures or simply bugs.

Rome II had (and still has) a LOT of bugs. But for really terrible design failures I only would say that city micromanagement and lack of seasons are the most important.
I can cope even with the ugly interface.
Politics, agents, etc are been impreved in each patch to be as good as was in Shogun 2.

I'm not picking on you or anything but how can you sum up the political system in Rome 2, in Shogun 2 it worked like this: You gain fame by the size of you realm, armies and the victories in battle. Once you fame has reached a certain threshold Realm Divide happens which grants a massive opinion modifier to the AI which will cause the remaining factions to get hostile to the play increasing the challenge to the player.

Rome 2 on the other hand... is... well you have to use certain generals or else a percentage increases and if it get too high or low this amount of units spawns in one of you major cities:

Even though they wrote a guide that was DEMANDED by the hardcore fans, the Political system in Rome 2 makes little sense...

But CoH2, instead, has much less bugs but it has a pile of absurd design mistakes. A lot of units and abilities seem designed by a guy who hasn't played a single minute to the game, like Tiger Ace, strafes, pre-patched Opel trucks, Hit the dirt, etc...
We have DLC commanders, lack of lobbies, game modes, leaderboards... a lot of things that aren't bugs.

Oh my god no! Have you seen Romes 2 "Mutiplayer" It has none of the above you listed, with laughable balance, going to be P2W DLC soon AND MP in mainline TW is being dumped for the F2P Total War: Area which is not going to happen to CoH2...

Which game did worse? Both did it wrong, but at least Rome II had good intentions that failed when implemented and day by day they are being fixed.

Fixing day by day? The AI still sucks, transports ships are still broken even though its easy to fix them, optimization still sucks harder than CoH2 (somehow), politics still makes no damn sense, the music is still terrible and at least in CoH2 very rarely it feels like I am the Eastern Front but that is still more than Rome 2.

Fixing the terrible bad decisions that CoH2 developers did seems to me impossible right now. And we will never see a good CoH2 game until mods will be allowed again.

And they said the same of Civ V which had the wonderful Brave New World adding in the depth that was miss and they said the same about Red Orchestra 2 until Rising Storm made it more deeper...

I know that that fans tend to hate their game more than other games (for example a hater of remake Devil May Cry may think that the new Thief looks good) but really, you CoH2 guys have it so good and if you want to disagree then watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXkWfEIALxM

I have been a Total War fan from the very first Shogun, I am been a fan of CoH form the first vCoH beta and at least I know what went wrong with CoH2, they tried to go mass market making the game a bit more simple but with Rome 2 they done stuff that would make no sense to newbies and only serves to piss of hardcore fans like myself...
14 Feb 2014, 20:13 PM

You know what, Grimreapo?? You're right.

Rome II is another piece of shit, I'm not going to delude myself.
I can't defend a game were I had to wait months to be able to play a cooperative campaign whitout freezing screens, crashes or desyncs.

It seems that nowadays developers sell alpha state games like they were a finished product.

At least some developers like Bohemia Interactive don't lie and don't hide that their DayZ D is just alpha. Damn, currently it's a zombie game without zombies!!

5 of 5 Relic postsRelic 14 Feb 2014, 22:03 PM

Every Rome 2 battle takes me 5 minutes because of the stupid AI. But you won't have battle after battle, so it's okay.

Rome likely has a different player base. I can play Rome for hours without actually doing a battle, if I'm in the campaign map building up cities and forcing people to adopt children.

In CoH there's no non-combat gameplay, so everyone is playing (unless they're sitting in a menu).
14 Feb 2014, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 22:03 PMNoun

Rome likely has a different player base. I can play Rome for hours without actually doing a battle, if I'm in the campaign map building up cities and forcing people to adopt children.

In CoH there's no non-combat gameplay, so everyone is playing (unless they're sitting in a menu).

That's true. They're definitely not sitting around in the chat rooms or custom lobbies. Of that, I can assure you.
14 Feb 2014, 22:32 PM

KEEP PLAYING, COME ON WE GOT THIS!!!!!!!
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 73

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment