Login

russian armor

Call to action - Let's Be Awesome Together

PAGES (25)down
16 Feb 2014, 19:32 PM

Why even continue? This post sums it up. As much as I think Bloodnok is right, in the end continuing the discussion on the topic is not necessary in my opinion. It just focuses on detail, while abstractly it's what A_E said.

Indeed.

I'm going to lock this, having re-read the thread several times. There have been some valid points raised on both sides, but ultimately things are becoming quite dogmatic as the same arguments and insults are recycled.

If an admin feels this is unwarranted then they can re-open the thread, but in all honesty I see nothing to be gained from doing so and we've already had a number of personal insults and skewed history lessons.

Ultimately this comes down to a simple choice: do you, as CoH players, want to give Relic (and indeed the community at large) time to change and adapt, or do you want to wallow in self-pity and snipe from the sidelines regardless of what happens next?

Bear that in mind, and then let's see how things progress over the coming weeks and months.

Thanks, guys.
16 Feb 2014, 20:04 PM

dude your so cool locking threads can i be as cool as a companyofheroes.com mod who can have this much douche in him?
16 Feb 2014, 20:06 PM

locked becuase we have talked about this enough* and i feel like i need to show people im the boss*
16 Feb 2014, 20:07 PM

locked nouns thread thats gathering feedback* good call dude
16 Feb 2014, 20:08 PM

Indeed.

I'm going to lock this, having re-read the thread several times. There have been some valid points raised on both sides, but ultimately things are becoming quite dogmatic as the same arguments and insults are recycled.

If an admin feels this is unwarranted then they can re-open the thread, but in all honesty I see nothing to be gained from doing so and we've already had a number of personal insults and skewed history lessons.

Ultimately this comes down to a simple choice: do you, as CoH players, want to give Relic (and indeed the community at large) time to change and adapt, or do you want to wallow in self-pity and snipe from the sidelines regardless of what happens next?

Bear that in mind, and then let's see how things progress over the coming weeks and months.

Thanks, guys.

There's a difference between moderation and closing a thread because it differs from YOUR opinion.
16 Feb 2014, 20:09 PM

Jeez, I give up then. Let the hate commence!
16 Feb 2014, 20:10 PM

Through robust conversation and discussion and I dare say it - arguments - PROGRESS COMES.

I know you don't allow this sort of discussion on the official forum, so please, allow us to have SOME place to continue discussion.
16 Feb 2014, 20:11 PM

This page is why I think lower of coh2.org then official forums.
Rivers of bile flow out of these boards freely and then people here are surprised that threads about toxic community show up.
16 Feb 2014, 20:14 PM
Donator 33

Not to be a smartarse, but I'm afraid you have a way of inviting it. If your GF is pissed, don't say "Honey, be reasonable" unless suicidal ;)
16 Feb 2014, 20:16 PM

look at all that great feedback and progress that has happened since the thread was unlocked.
16 Feb 2014, 20:19 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 20:16 PMwooof
look at all that great feedback and progress that has happened since the thread was unlocked.

More like as a result of it being locked. Just before it got locked, people were actually still presenting arguments. Seems some peeps have a grudge with Hale and he managed to unleash it on/in this thread.
16 Feb 2014, 20:24 PM

in response to woooof to put this thread back on track:
how many vcoh casters that went to relic studios are still casting today?
16 Feb 2014, 20:29 PM

+1

When you have 7 years experience and learn absolutely zero from it - the excuse of 'well vcoh had the same problems early on too' just doesn't cut it, especially when your selling point is sequel to the greatest rts of all time.

The problem now is who's left that want to buy Coh2? People who would have already have and are leaving it, hence the declining numbers and repeated sales and free weekends etc. Coh1 veterans either Uninstaller or hope for improvement.

That leaves the new player, who sees a multitude of DLC.

It doesn't look good.

There is no evidence of declining numbers.
16 Feb 2014, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 20:29 PMwuff

There is no evidence of declining numbers.

Unfortunately you're incorrect.

http://steamcharts.com/app/231430#6m
16 Feb 2014, 20:42 PM

Nothing there that says it is on the a decline, In fact the exact opposite, the avg player amount has increased the last several months, ignoring the free weekend ofc.

I would roughly say there are 8000 players per month atm.
16 Feb 2014, 20:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Harleyquin was a great caster but the only thing that made him entertaining was his energy. His knowledge of strategy and tactics was pretty basic. I recall him watching some player back in coho use the Attrition ability and run all his troops into the opponents MG's to kill them and get more free units and he was like "What an awesome strategy!" and I just face palmed. He was a nice guy, and very intelligent and I even did a cast with him in vCOH and we got along very well. Had he continued with COH i think he could have been an amazing content creator but he never stuck with it long enough to develop that and that is a shame. He was off in Asia in on business last i talked to him.

The point is he stopped creating content YEARS ago. Why bring him up now? Why would SNF?
16 Feb 2014, 20:52 PM
Donator 11

Try reading through some of them.

90% of people who posts on forum do it because something is bothering them. If you lock almost every thread that has negative feedback then whats the point of having a forum? Noone can voice their opinion. Doesnt matter, its dead anyway. GJ.
16 Feb 2014, 22:04 PM

RnP is the only casting team still casting. Other than that Dane, maybe Arthur and .. maybe still SnF at some point. That's it.
16 Feb 2014, 22:15 PM

Umm, if MORE people play the game now then 3 months ago, then population is not dropping you know.
16 Feb 2014, 22:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2014, 15:57 PMA_E
The great thing is the vocal portion of the CoH1 community that haven't given CoH2 enough of a chance are going to be rusty, and their premature opinions on its failure in its first year of release, will become a lot less relevant when they're revealed to be thoroughly mediocre CoH2 players. Then hopefully they'll spend less time whining about its short-comings, and more time playing.

Disagree. Just look how the old faces were dominating CoH2 back when they were playing it (Aimstrong, Sepha, Twister, Symbi, etc). Good players are also good learners, so in theory even if they go several months without playing they will quickly reclaim their rightful place if and when they decide to return. However in reality the skill gap between the mid and high level players is considerably lower in CoH2 which is why myself and many others got tired of the game. Having a good understanding of strategy and timing, plus micro to match, isn't as rewarding when some random guy can just march around with LMG Grens, Shocktroops, or whatever the current unit of the month is, and give you a really tough game.

I haven't played the beta lately but from what I've heard its mainly balance issues, which isn't addressing many of the major complaints (just to reiterate: tech pace, blizzards, doctrine system, lack of global upgrades, paid multiplayer content). If Relic acknowledged those grievances and said they are working on it, and prioritized correctly, people would probably have a lot more patience with the game. But whenever someone provides design based feedback it either gets ignored, or it gets the usual "thanks for the feedback" and fuck all actually happens. You can't blame people for reaching their ropes end when they spend months giving feedback and possible solutions and then the only changes that ever happen are balance tweaks.
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS